Grinds my Gears

I'm going to use the family guy reference here to let you know what?s been bothering me this week!

I am really annoyed by people who continue to use the same lame remarks to go after people. Here are the big 2!

1. " Oh yeah, I don't see you winning any state championships" - Now, most people on this board are anonymous, so you in fact have no idea who they are nor if they have ever won anything. Besides, it's a moot point, how good of a wrestler they were has no impact on their opinion.

2. " You must be jealous because you were never good enough to wrestle varsity." NOW, this one really bothers me in all seriousness. By saying this, and it happens a lot, you are putting down the kids who wrestle J.V. which I find quite disrespectful. I don't think I need to elaborate on it, just use common sense. And, again, it ties in with #1, who cares if they wrestled J.V; it doesn't make their opinion any less valid.

well i see your point about jv...but what about the varsity wrestler someone is putting down?

I have seen a comment like he is dumb and doesn't have a good IQ...but yet that kid went on to win a state championship

I have seen he got lucky or he only won because of the call...but yet the kid won.

So people on here can give their opinion and put others down, but if someone comes back on the attack that person is wrong.

GET  A TISSUE from that box above and wipe up the tears.  This is a mans sport, if you can't handle go play basketball or knit a blanket.

If you can talk the talk then you better walk the walk or if you want to dish out some "opinion" then you sure as HELL better be able to take some back.

... I really don't know what to say, I'm pretty sure that in no way was a coherent thought, and don't even know what you are talking about. What in the world does talking the talk and walking the walk have anything to do with me saying it annoys me that people put down J.V. kids, or continue to use the same lame attack.  I am getting dangerously close to resigning from this post, as there are so few people on her who even remotely make sense.

Wildcatcountry97, it is obvious from your posts that you are either a 4 year JV wrestler, or were never good enough to win a state title.  ;D

Sorry I could not help myself. I do understand what you are saying when someone disagrees with an opinion, it seems to be followed by a personal attack, instead of attacking the logic, or the arguement. That I feel is a result of our society. Attack the person. If you watch the halls of congress, you see the same things happening, so take heart, it is not just this board, it is in the highest place in our own government.

I'm going to use the family guy reference here to let you know what?s been bothering me this week!

I am really annoyed by people who continue to use the same lame remarks to go after people. Here are the big 2!

1. " Oh yeah, I don't see you winning any state championships" - Now, most people on this board are anonymous, so you in fact have no idea who they are nor if they have ever won anything. Besides, it's a moot point, how good of a wrestler they were has no impact on their opinion.

2. " You must be jealous because you were never good enough to wrestle varsity." NOW, this one really bothers me in all seriousness. By saying this, and it happens a lot, you are putting down the kids who wrestle J.V. which I find quite disrespectful. I don't think I need to elaborate on it, just use common sense. And, again, it ties in with #1, who cares if they wrestled J.V; it doesn't make their opinion any less valid.

Two things that "grind my gears":

1.  When people get on here and feel the need to use profane language.  Makes you a lot tougher to use those big words, huh?

2. "Let it play out on the mat"...that quote alone drives me NUTS.  What is the point of making a prediction on a message board, if all people can say in response is "let it play out on the mat" and then act like that makes them a better person.  Duh, it will play out on the mats eventually, that's why people are talking about it.  Have a little fun and quit taking a message board so seriously!

I just find a problem when something is said and people cry about it because it hurt their feelings.

Its a message, everyone in the world has different views and opinions.

I could care less whether you say this kid is going to lose or that kid is going to win.

The only thing that really bothers me is when you put a KID..a HIGH SCHOOL kid that is wrestling for the love of the sport, not getting paid and someone calls them dumb, stupid, horrible, ect. 

everything else is opinions and thoughts, SUCK IT UP and just move on.

Wait, watch what you say.  You are going to get Wild Cat all upset because you don't agree with the daylight savings thing.

Wouldn't want him to think you are making fun of the JV kids or dogging on the person that made daylight savings happen.

But if you don't want to spring forward then I say, stick it to the man and stay on regular time.

Warrendad - you're a character.. I was getting really annoyed half way through your post, and then I was litterally laughing out loud when i finished it.

1200 - Again, you seem to be one of these fellows who cannot read. I never 'cried' about anyone having an opinion.  You don't hurt my feelings with anything you say. You said your problem lies with people who attack the "HIGH SCHOOL kid that is wrestling for the love of the sport, not getting paid.." Well, what do you think a J.V. Wrestler is ?? That was the point of the post!  GEEEZ i get tired of writing the same thing 10 times.

I am pretty sure that the FIRST thing you say is about winning championships.  Most of the people on this board have knowledge of the sport, but some never had the chance to win a championship or weren't good enough.  Then they find that making comments about others makes them better.  Or if the guy they were rooting for loses then they have to find some way to complain about they other guy winning.  So saying "I didn't see you win the championship" makes good sense.  If you want to dog a kid for winning the STATE, I find problems in that. 

For your SECOND comment, no, there is no putting down JV wrestlers now.  You get a guy on here that complains about everything because he never had the chance to wrestle Varisty.  No one ever said, every JV kid, but for the 50 yr old man on here crying about things just because he never made it is stupid.  JV wrestlers have it tough, no doubt about it.  I respect them, but they are important because with out them, some guys can't get better that are varsity.

You seem to be the guy that wreslted JV for a bit or the whole 4 years.  Stop taking things so serious.  If you want to complain and cry about other people's posts on here, then be able to take some opinions when they come back on you.  BE a man, if you can TALK THE TALK, then you better be able to TAKE the come backs.

wildcat we dont get along, all the time but you are right...i was just recently called the biggest disgrace to my city and community, why I don't know, maybe Mr redttights7 can clarify but yes if you have a problem with someone's opinion you needn't reply with anger and hate assuming the guy has no idea what he is talking about

Thats what I'm talkin about Fabio.

~1200, I'm done talking to you, you just talk in circles. I said it annoys me when people put down J.V. kids, then you disagree, then you say you don't like it either but I'm wrong, and then, to top it off, you turn around and say i must have wrestled J.V. JEEEEEEZ

Guest KoKo B-Ware

You know what makes me sick, You know what makes me angry....

When I am driving along and a bird flies right into my window.

it makes me mad when i let people drive my car and they grind my gears!

You beat me to it Ian.  I was going to say "a bad clutch."

that woulda been better, and ok you obviously know me im gonna give an educated guess and say your a new prarie coach

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.