Nationals???

macdaddy

Now that the IHSAA season is over, I was just wandering " what national tournaments everyone is going to. And Coaches; "Which National tournaments do you feel is most important?"  NHSCA @ Va. Beach? Brute Scholastic Duals @ York, Pa? FILA Cadets @ Akron, OH? USA Folkstyle Nationals @ Cedar Falls, IA? USA Freestyle  & Greco Nationals? Fargo? I probably missed some, but i am just thinking. I know we are considering Va. Beach, York, FILA's & Fargo. I wanna know wheat everyone's opinion is.

I'm taking a group of kids to FILA Cadets.  Its a short drive for some great competition.  I think more Indiana kids should go to this tournament as it is very close to home and there is some stellar competition there. 

USAW Folkstyle Nationals and NHSCA nationals both have the talent split between them, so they are about equal.

There will be lots of college coaches at FILA Cadets also, as the University Nationals is being held in the same fieldhouse.  Teams like Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Ohio State and more were in Akron last year.

That sounds like a good tournament to just go and watch!

anyone know if there is any way for a high schooler to wrestle up in the university class to get better competition cause it says must be graduated from high school to compete but i have seen kids that were still in high school compete in it just seeing if anyone knew anything about this?

any help will be great thanks.

There will be lots of college coaches at FILA Cadets also, as the University Nationals is being held in the same fieldhouse.  Teams like Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Ohio State and more were in Akron last year.

were do i get the info on this

were do i get the info on this

Meet info:

http://www.themat.com/events/default.php?page=default&EventID=19982

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?TIM=1235001098280&twSessionId=hvuecpzczqnmowg&tournamentGroupId=722009

anyone know if there is any way for a high schooler to wrestle up in the university class to get better competition cause it says must be graduated from high school to compete but i have seen kids that were still in high school compete in it just seeing if anyone knew anything about this?

bump??

Logan Stieber wrestled at the Junior FILAs and won last year when he was 17. He beat Tyler Clark of ISU (who beat Angel), Zach Sanders of Minny, and another DI college wrestler.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.