Senior Age Class and Freestyle

RoyalCoach

Hey some of my wrestlers are wanting to get into freestyle this year, and i have the notion to dust off my old singlets as well.  Which freestyle tournaments in-state usually have the best chances of seeing some Senior age class guys seeing some action?

Thanks

Hey some of my wrestlers are wanting to get into freestyle this year, and i have the notion to dust off my old singlets as well.  Which freestyle tournaments in-state usually have the best chances of seeing some Senior age class guys seeing some action?

Thanks

You sure you can still fit into them old singlets? ;D

Thanks

I think Millers Merry Manor is having a tournament here in Tipton sometime soon.

ff

Seriously though, we're talking about the age class above university, not veteran here... or veterans of Viet Nam for that matter. ;D

Although I probably have a gas tank that's about as good as that of a Vietnam vet.

I've been looking for either senior or veteran locations for the summer and have had a really hard time finding anything too. At 132 or 141 would I even get any matches? I haven't been to a tournament in a few years so I'm not sure what's going on where now.

I'm planning on seeing what action there is in the central indiana area, i'd just hate to pay the entry fee and not wrestle.  I'd like to go 163 but i'm about 10 off.

I'd like to go 163 also, come to think of it, my wife would love it if I could go 163, but I am a bit more then 10 off of it. How much is between me and my doctor, and tailor.

Im debating on making a go at it this freestyle season as well.. 163 would be a tough cut tho.. I tried to make the cut 2 summers ago but ran out of time and got to 169 with a couple days left before freestyle state and threw in the towel.. If i get started right now, I really think i could make a run for it.. What is the weight about 163? Problem is, most of the time, 163 is the weight class with the most senior/university guys, so wrestling the weight class above would be useless because I would probably only get like one match if that.. 163 would be lower than the weight i wrestled my senior year of high school (171)!!!  :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.