Why is everyone talking about Castle?

powerhouse4070

alright we all kno that castle had a good win against mater dei but i dont think either of them should be in the state championship we all new mater die was over rated so why is it such a big thing they wont be able to hang with mish, cathedral,crown point or perry

Mater Dei - Meaning is the "The Mother of God"

I'd be real concerned about typing out mater die if I were you......

alright we all kno that castle had a good win against mater dei but i dont think either of them should be in the state championship we all new mater die was over rated so why is it such a big thing they wont be able to hang with mish, cathedral,crown point or perry

Maybe it's because they have THE GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD?????

Funny thing is, it ain't either Castle or Mater Dei fans talking them up...Get's you thinking doesn't it?

BTW - If they teach Typing at the school you attend SIGN UP!!!!  Obviously English is not working out all that well for you either.

They are probably talking about them because in regionals they defeated the powerhouse that is Mater Dei.  Even if Mater Dei is having a down year, and by down year I mean they are not dominatng everyone in the state, this is still a phenomenal accomplishment.  Castle may not win state, they probably won't, but being there for a school in the southern part of the state is quite an accomplishment.  Here's to hoping everyone there wrestles hard and the best team wins, which as much as it pains me to say it, will probably be Mishawaka.

They are talking about them because they returned their top 11 wrestlers from last years team that took Mater Dei down to the last match.  Mater Dei went on to finish second in the state.  This Castle team advanced 12 to Semi-State.  Down year for Mater Dei?  They were ranked second in the state until Castle beat them?  I do not see why the northern arrogance is so high, since the south has won 90% of the state championships with a 2A school.

I-gold better hang on.  This is a 260 pound catfish that swims in the muddy Ohio River current all year long.  Good luck to you and whomever you are rooting for today and next week.  It is going to be fun today, so I call a truce.

Being from the region, I do not have much knowledge on Castle except what I see online.  They look tough and every team competing at Center Grove deserves to be there.  Although I do not have them in the top four (I would say 5 between them and Bellmont), they definitely have a good chance at beating stacked PM.  Good luck to all teams.

Castle's good.  They have enough good wrestlers that can win matches and not lose badly to win team meets.  So all they have to do is win their first match to be top 4, right?  I think they'll do that.  Then they'd wrestle either Bellmont or Perry Meridian.  I think they can win that one, too, but it could be close (I'm assuming Perry would be the opponent, but that's not a foregone conclusion is it?).  For Castle, it will come down to some of their lower weights (below 130) stepping up and scoring some team points and not giving up bonus points in losses.  Castle's pretty tough from 130 through 215.   They've learned to wrestle pretty smart down there, too, so they shouldn't make any big mistakes.  I'm sure Castle welcomes this overrated talk here.

Castle's good.  They have enough good wrestlers that can win matches and not lose badly to win team meets.  So all they have to do is win their first match to be top 4, right?  I think they'll do that.  Then they'd wrestle either Bellmont or Perry Meridian.  I think they can win that one, too, but it could be close (I'm assuming Perry would be the opponent, but that's not a foregone conclusion is it?).  For Castle, it will come down to some of their lower weights (below 130) stepping up and scoring some team points and not giving up bonus points in losses.  Castle's pretty tough from 130 through 215.   They've learned to wrestle pretty smart down there, too, so they shouldn't make any big mistakes.  I'm sure Castle welcomes this overrated talk here.

"And that's the way it was...On this 14th day of February...2009"

Sorry I had to add that - If you don't get it, you're WAY to young....  ;D

Nice comment Paul...

Anyways, people are talking about castle because they are a very tough team, they beat MD and are the first program other than MD from the south to make it to team state. They are well coached, very disciplined wrestlers and seem to be fine young men. I think they will surprise some people up north in a week and at team state. Good Luck Castle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.