South Dearborn Sectional

NCWrestle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

South Dearborn has qualified 10 wrestlers for Richmond.  Unfortunately, the wins did not come at all the needed times to hang with East Central tonight.  It appears they will easily finish ahead tomorrow when the final round is wrestled.  Good luck to EC at Seymour on Wednesday.  Coach Schwarz and the Trojans would be very deserving to make it to Center Grove this year.

I'd say push the team regional for that area back a week ,  just go with the team that is currently in the lead at the representative from that district, or don't send anyone and have team regionals tomorrow as is.  What else can you do?  They still need to finish that sectional by Saturday somehow.

Pushing back the team regional will not help a SINGLE wrestler get ready for regionals come Saturday.  Of course I know if they are still wrestling Wed. night for sectionals there is no way to have a team event the same evening.  The kids @ South Dearborn are being hurt the most. 

I wonder if anybody knows does the IHSAA have any rules, or ideas about how to handle this situation or is it left to the local coaches and AD's to resolve? Best of luck to all the wrestlers.  take a deep breath it will all work out.

It would seem that if a TEAM has the championship locked up as far as team points, then they could go ahead with the regional Wednesday.

HOWEVER, the individual sectional champions must be established POST HASTE, since there will be plenty of other days to make up the team regional.

To a certain extent, the rest of that individual will be at a slight disadvantage, not knowing what the brackets will look like.  The other teams are all revealing who will go on the mat, since Saturday, but the South Dearborn teams are by this weather delay able to keep their entrants under wraps.

And someone was exactly right in a previous post, the entire individual tournament should have been completed on Monday, starting at say, 3:00 PM.  Hind sight is 20/20, but it would be good to bear it in mind for future weather problems.

Oh, and for my ignorant benefit, as one who is so provincially cloistered up here in the wind blown cornfield wastes of northern Indiana, WHERE is South Dearborn?  OH, I see: Lawrenceburg, Connersville, Batesville, Franklin County --Cincinnati suburbs.

Connersville sent at least six wrestlers on to regionals so far:

103- House in finals against Phillips UC

112- Woodall in finals against Findley UC

119- Bottomley in 3rd 4th match

130- fosnight in 3rd 4th match

140- Maple in 3rd 4th match

145- Chapman in finals against Gassel UC

As of now the sectionals are still set back to Wednesday but Connersville school is already closed for Wednesday so my guess will be that they will have the championship round Thursday and keep regionals at Richmond on track for Saturday.

As of right now (and previously mentioned) the SD sectional final rounds will be on Wednesday night and team regionals will be held on Thursday.  If the weather becomes a major problem again  preventing several teams from attending on Wednesday then they will have to change plans for both individual sectional and team regional again.

I just observed on Indianapolis TV that UCCJSD (Union County) schools are closed, tomorrow. How will this impact the conclusion of the South Dearborn sectional? Additionally, will this delay the Seymour team regional to Friday? That makes little sense. How about postponing the Seymour team regional to next Wednesday?

As of right now (and previously mentioned) the SD sectional final rounds will be on Wednesday night and team regionals will be held on Thursday.  If the weather becomes a major problem again  preventing several teams from attending on Wednesday then they will have to change plans for both individual sectional and team regional again.

Hypothetical question, if SD has to postpone again tomorrow.  Has there been any talk about the SD sectional just forfeiting their team series spot?  Just for the sake of "getting on with the program."  I mean it sucks what the SD sectional teams have to go through.  Now teams from from other sectionals are getting punished as well.  At what point do you just cut your losses?

It appears to me that the teams being impacted are New Castle, Columbus North, Roncalli and the evential winner of the South Dearborn sectional. How about letting the individual tournament proceed on Saturday and postpone the Seymour team regional to Wednesday, 02/11/09. This assumes that the South Dearborn sectional can be completed on Thursday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.