twin lakes

D2d

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who was team champ

west central

Congrats to West Central from a Rensselaer Bomber fan.  Has WC ever won a sectional in wrestling?  To the best of my knowledge they never won in the old format when Rensselaer hosted.  To win it under the new format with 10-11 teams is really an accomplishment.

Team Scores

West Central        215.5

Winamac                213

Logansport            195.5

Pioneer                    184

Twin Lakes            159

Rensselaer              136

Lewis Cass              114

South Newton        111

Caston                      106

North White            98

Frontier                    24

i guess i have to congratulate the unthinkable champs. ::) probably more of an indictment on the rest of the field.  you're all guilty for letting something like this happen :'( where was north white's rowe? what about the frontier kid who i heard missed the bus?  what about perkins?  i don't know where to start.  pretty amazing a team with one champ and a bunch of 5th and 6th place finishers wins this tournament. the stars were aligned for this to happen... if the fox kid from pioneer gets the obvious pin called on the west central 171 for third place the warriors are the champs.  what was the ref watching? ???of course, that no-call went right in line with the TWO PINS that were called and later changed to OOPS calls. :o

Thank you mad, I hear that crow is mighty tasty!! I first want to say that I am only replying to set some facts straight.  The credit for our win goes to the wrestlers who got out on the mat and proved themselves, again.  The fact that you believe everyone allowed this to happen is laughable, everyone else was out there trying to win also. Why is there always an excuse?    Last week it was all of the forfiets, this week Winamac got 4 (1 was inj. def.), and we got 2. Are you trying to say that everyone should have been out to get us?  Fact is there were more people hoping that we won than Winamac.  

The no-shows added a bit of drama to the day, Rowe needs your prayers, that is all I am going to say.  There were three more no shows, Perkins Winamac (must still have the flu), Kramer Frontier and Moore Lewis Cass.  

The Trojans have basically the same placings as Winamac, one first place each, three second place each, two third place each, we had two fourth place, Winamac one, we had four fifth place Winamac three, and sixth place Winamac had three and we had none.  Trojans scored 12 wrestlers and Winamac scored 13 wrestlers.  Trojans take eight wrestlers to Regionals, Winamac seven.  Those are the facts, figures can lie and liars can figure!!

Obvious pin at 171, from the floor no way.  The referees did a very good job, were there times that they made bad calls?  Of course there were.  

Do us the favor of starting a thread trying to guess the score of us against Delphi.  The last time we met was at the Winamac Super Six, where we beat Winamac 38-37 and lost to Delphi by 6-71.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas!!

I would like to congratulate West Central for their sectional win yesterday, it is nice to see a school that had been down for a few years in the past to turn around a program like they did.  I can't believe that you could even bad mouth their win or any win and accomplishments they have had this season.  With that point being made its kinda funny their is always a sore looser who blames everything else but themselves for not winning!  ??? Great Job and keep up the good work WC! ;)

Well I don't know who Mad Hungarian is but I know from most of the coaches perspective that were there don't feel that way.  We gavae what we had some kids wrestled well some dont thats how things turn out sometimes.  We at Pioneer can only blame ourselves, I can't count the number of matches that we lost that we had won during the season.. Just goes to show its not always what you do up to that poitn rather than what you do at that point.

We have won sectional titles under both formats and I can tell you we were not expected or thought of as a team to win it.

West Central wrestled very well this season the whole season not just the last two weekends.

Congrats from Tim Spray

Unthinkable champions - I THINK NOT!!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WEST CENTRAL WRESTLING TEAM - TWIN LAKES SECTIONAL TEAM CHAMPIONS!!!  First time in WC history!!! ;D ;D ;D  Kudos to Coach Kenny and the ENTIRE team.  They certainly deserve it. They have 8 of their 14 wrestlers being individual regional qualifiers - that says a lot for the team. 

I can't understand why "madhungarian" can't just congratulate the team and deal with the fact that the Mighty Trojans beat the Warriors for the THIRD time this year - deal with it - it seems that you are the only coach who absolutely can't let winners be winners and losers be losers without having an excuse for everything.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS to the Trojans and a special congratulations to Dillan Rehn - WC's lone sectional champion on the day. 

i guess i have to congratulate the unthinkable champs. ::) probably more of an indictment on the rest of the field.  you're all guilty for letting something like this happen :'( where was north white's rowe? what about the frontier kid who i heard missed the bus?  what about perkins?  i don't know where to start.  pretty amazing a team with one champ and a bunch of 5th and 6th place finishers wins this tournament. the stars were aligned for this to happen... if the fox kid from pioneer gets the obvious pin called on the west central 171 for third place the warriors are the champs.  what was the ref watching? ???of course, that no-call went right in line with the TWO PINS that were called and later changed to OOPS calls. :o

My initial response to this was BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...deal with the fact that your Warriors didn't win-period.  It doesn't matter where North White's Rowe was (please pray for him) and it doesn't matter where Kramer from Frontier was and it doesn't matter where Perkins was.  What matters is that the Trojans WON - fair and square - the Warriors didn't win and the Trojans did.  Be a man and deal with it.  Nobody likes a crybaby!!!

Congrats! You are the first person I have ever given a 'Boo" to.  Suck it up crybaby!

Typo corrected so a certain person will stop crying.

[quote author=hogleg link=topic=2360.msg22805#msg22805 date=123352291

Congats! You are the first person I have ever given a 'Boo" to.  Suck it up crybaby!

wow, i'm honored i'm the first ;D ;D

btw, CONGATS to you too....whatever congats means. ???

west central deserved the title fair and square. :'( i've got to hand it to them ;)

First, I wanted to give the Trojans a HUGE pat on the back. I was a Trojan myself a few years ago, and a team championship in any tournament in my time was UNTHINKABLE. Winning anything major as a team never even crossed my mind when I wrestled, and you boys just won Conference and Sectionals  in the same year.

Fantastic job boys, you have everything to be proud of. The fact that the championship was decided on two and half points shows just how valuable each and every one of your contributions were throughout the course of the day.

Rehn - fantastic job boy. I don't think I have ever personally known such a technical wrestler. You have a very bright future ahead of you, and I look forward to watching you make it happen. Good luck in the next three weeks.

Amsler - Nice job stepping up on Saturday. Your team needed you to wrestle your hardest, and you did all day long. You really set the precedence with that first match, way to get the team pumped at the beginning of the day!

Mullet - Excellent job on the day. It's inspiring to see a wrestler so passionate about his sport. Keep that chin up, you have a lot of matches and a lot of championships ahead of you boy.

Garay - Good job stepping up and wrestling yesterday, despite your injuries (cracked rib). If you had decided to sit the day out, your team wouldn't have won.

Faler and Cameron - Looks like you two are the old guys now. You are both good wrestlers, make sure you are both good leaders next year. Lets see a repeat!

Pack - Nice job this year. You may have had to sit out most of your career due to injuries, but you were always there to give your team mates support.

Wireman, Neihouser, Mullet, Rehn, Masters, Tanner, Gella - You boys keep the good work up. You seven (current) freshman make up a huge block of the team. Push each other to the limit and wrestle your hardest in the coming years, because the team's success will be dependent on your individual success.

VanOort, Geyer, and Zickmund - Great job this year. A team's success has a lot to do with senior leadership.

To the coaches... Excellent job building the program. You guys put so much time and effort into leading and teaching these boys and it has finally paid off. You even got the school's (administration's) attention, and that is impressive in a school that has always put wrestling (and the wrestlers/wrestling coaches) on the back burner. It's humbling to see two coaches celebrate such a great victory alongside their team with tears in their eyes. Fantastic job guys!

Excellent job , and good luck on Wednesday and Saturday!!!!!

I also want to say great job Rensselaer Bombers. There has been some turnover the past few years in the program with coaches, but I believe we have two great coaches who really care about the kids and the program. Coach Brad Burvan carries on what his dad, Joe Burvan started back in the late 1960's. It's kind of ironic that his dad started the program, and then 40 years later his son, Brad takes over at the helm to rejuvenate the program again. With former Bomber great Scott Lucero assisting, this duo will get the Bombers back to the winning program we once were. Congratulations to the 6 Bombers who advanced and congratulations to Randy Kaufman on winning the 189lb. weight class in dominating fashion. Good luck gentlemen this weekend at regionals.

mad hungarian I laugh at what you say. West Central did what they had to do. They placed wrestlers. Like I said it does not matter how many champions you have. What matters is the 3rds and 5ths that you get. It takes a team to win sectionals not 2 or 3 studs. Honestly I think u should just stop posting on the board. We wrestled 12 and had 6 advance with 10 placing. Good day on our part in my opinion. West Central took 8. They won no questions asked. Congrats to West Central and good luck Wed. night.

Scott Hardy Twin Lakes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.