Where is he?

CgWrastlinDad11

I'm fairly new to the cg wrestling family and have heard talk about how they were supposed to get a hw from perry this year but this is not the case and we have a freshman in the lineup...i was wondering if anyone knew what happened with this chris shea kid because i've done some research and learned that he had quite a bit of success nationally and was even ranked fifth by wrestlingusa...wrestling behind chico couldn't have been too bad either and i know that he competed with perry's team at the disney duals this past summer...just wondering if anyone knew the story on this kid i hate to see talent go to waste thanks!

http://wrestlingusa.com/02%20wusa%20web%20root/highschoolbest/2007HighSchoolSoFrRankings.html

Heres to hoping that this freshman that you are "stuck with" does not read the boards and sees what kind of support he is getting from the other team parents. I am hoping that this was just a misstatement on your part.

I have a good friend who plays football for Center Grove and I do believe Chris Shea is attending Center Grove, but chose to focus on football or something I do know there was a reason for him not wrestling this year.  But he definitely would change up the sectional, regional, and semistate rankings thats for sure.  But either way cudos to the freshmen they are letting wrestle, hopefully he continues to improve.

When i used the word "stuck" it was with no disrespect and wasn't a shot at him at all...but any undersized freshman that gets thrown in a man's weightclass is going to be at a little more of a disadvantage than a sr who has to lose weight to make the weight class...i support taylor in everyway and know that in a tight match at regionals against perry we're going to need him to come out with a win

When i used the word "stuck" it was with no disrespect and wasn't a shot at him at all...but any undersized freshman that gets thrown in a man's weightclass is going to be at a little more of a disadvantage than a sr who has to lose weight to make the weight class...i support taylor in everyway and know that in a tight match at regionals against perry we're going to need him to come out with a win

If your in the school or have children in the school ("we're going to need him to come out with a win"), you should be closer to the situation than people on the message board.  Maybe you should tell us why the sheameister is not wrestling.

Being a coach at CG I have to say I don't know exactly why Shea didn't come out. Nor do I or any of the other coaches really care. Wrestling was here before him and will be here after him. The freshmen (2 of them) that we are stuck with are doing a good job. These kids are doing a great job in the room, working their butts off, and getting better every time they get on the mat. I'm not trying to argue or say anything to upset anyone but if our kids do get on here I just want them to know that we are proud of their work ethics and attitudes. Both of these freshmen will make some noise down the road!

Guest renegade

speaking of young heavy weights

calling all historians for help

has there ever been a freshman or

sophomore state champion at heavy weight

renegade:

Four time state champion Estell Ritter of Bloomington was a freshman state champion at 175 lbs (the heaviest weight class at the time) in 1924.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Being a coach at CG I have to say I don't know exactly why Shea didn't come out. Nor do I or any of the other coaches really care. Wrestling was here before him and will be here after him. The freshmen (2 of them) that we are stuck with are doing a good job. These kids are doing a great job in the room, working their butts off, and getting better every time they get on the mat. I'm not trying to argue or say anything to upset anyone but if our kids do get on here I just want them to know that we are proud of their work ethics and attitudes. Both of these freshmen will make some noise down the road!

Well said! It's nice to hear the coaches say supportive words to their kids. They may be tough as nails, but they still like to hear words of encouragement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.