At what point...

AJ

in the season would you rather not make up a cancelled dual?  It is starting to get close to tourny time, and I was wondering your philosophy about making up duals close to tourny time. Would you rather want to work in the room or have a dual? What if it was the week of the tourny?

Riley/NP's dealing with that scenario right now.  Personally I'm OK with it since our JV season is all but over and the focus shifts to varsity solely, but making weight mid-week can be problematic.  I believe the Duneland Conference has duals on Wednesday before sectionals, or they have in the past.

The NHC Conf Tourney is next weekend and I believe that most of those teams would like a week of pure preparation in the wrestling room  rather than have to mess with a dual meet where a guy only can wrestle a max of 6 mins on a particular day as opposed to a couple of hours.  Additionally, the conf tourney sets off the post season run so I think having all duals and tourneys wrapped up before the week before conf is vital to the NHC.  However, other conferences are running their tourneys this weekend so it might not matter as much as I think.

in the season would you rather not make up a cancelled dual?  It is starting to get close to tourny time, and I was wondering your philosophy about making up duals close to tourny time. Would you rather want to work in the room or have a dual? What if it was the week of the tourny?

I know we have a make-up dual tomorrow night.  I had a choice of tomorrow night or a day next week, and I chose this week since our conference tournament is next Saturday.  To me, I would rather have the full week of practice for the tournament run. 

Y2,

I wasn't saying that I knew all NHC schedules, I was just saying that making up a bunch of cancellations the week before NHC conf, in my mind, wouldn't be great for preparation.  If I were were a coach, I'd like that week free of duals.  Pound the kids hard for one last week before the post season because once that starts, it's a mental and physical meat grinder.  However, I'm no coach so my opinion in these matters should be taken with a grain of salt.

Plymouth vs. Concord cancelled tonight b/c Plymouth did not have school.  Concord only had a 2 hour delay and is an hour north of Plymouth.  The meet has been rescheduled for next Thursday.  The meet will start at 6:15 with no JV.  Pretty sweet deal for the ref  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.