crown point invite

armdragking

I don't know for sure, but I think there are a few more teams than what are listed.  In the past KV and Hobart had been there as well.

it seems to me that there were more also, but that is all they had on the schedule.  when i was in school we wrestled providence cath. from illinois and also western hs.  i was lucky enough to wrestle a two time state champ from providence. 

Hobart wasn't there in the past.

Sounds like I don't know what I am talking about.

There was something (super duals) several years ago at CP that had KV, Portage, Lake Central, Hobart and some other schools I thought.

Hobart, Lake Central and Chesterton have all been in this meet in the past, but not for quite some time. I believe a Hammond school or two has been in and out as well over time. The Lake County meet came in to existence and took out some of the teams that use to participate, as it is held on the same weekend.

Hobart used to be there because when they were in the DAC that is when our dual took place.  Never wrestled them on Wednesday night.  It was Hobart, Proviso East, Providence Catholic, and in 98 Western was there.  Providence brought two teams with them to this meet.  Were ranked nationally at this time.  (Known as Black Saturday)

What are the chances that McMurray would actually risk a loss to wrestle Myers?

What is there to risk?? A 1 on his record instead of a 0? Big whoopie.... I doubt Sean is the type of kid to not want to wrestle the toughest comp because hes worried about staying undefeated...Im not saying the match is going to happen, but I doubt him worrying about staying undefeated would be the reason it didnt  ;)

P.S i got a feeling McMurray would be too technically sound for Myers to handle if it did happen

What are the chances that McMurray would actually risk a loss to wrestle Myers?

What is there to risk?? A 1 on his record instead of a 0? Big whoopie.... I doubt Sean is the type of kid to not want to wrestle the toughest comp because hes worried about staying undefeated...Im not saying the match is going to happen, but I doubt him worrying about staying undefeated would be the reason it didnt  ;)

P.S i got a feeling McMurray would be too technically sound for Myers to handle if it did happen

i WOULD love to see dat one happen. I would put my money on Meyers. People forget who Meyers had to get through his first 3 years of High School wraslin. It is  his year to shine.

Royboy,

I doubt portage even has a chance of winning that dual..They are just too young right now, and its doesnt help that CP is arguably the best team in the area this year....Also, if McMurray were to beat Myers, that would be the best situation for them to have a chance at winnng the dual.. It would be a 9 point swing since Myers would more than likely pin the normal 60 pounder...If McMurray went 52, he and myers would both pin and cancel each other out...

I remember when I wrestled that tis day was an absolute meat grinder (in fact we called it Black Saturday because of how tough it was).  I remember when I went to CP it was 4 teams; usually 2 from Illinois (usually Providence Catholic and Proviso West I believe), another team from the region (Lake Central, Hobart, LaPorte, etc) and CP.  It was always a tough day.  I will never forget the time Matt Grahm from LaPorte almost ripped another kids face off with a crossface, the kid was bleeding so bad it took like 20 minutes to clean up the mat and they had to wrap his head so it looked like a Q-tip before he went to the hospital, but this was back in the day when CP was still in the Lake Suburban Conference.  Should be another good day of wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.