Paying club coaches

Club parent

As a new club parent, I decided to get involved with our club and joined the board. It was recently asked if we should pay our club coaches for the work they put in for the kids. I am trying to find out what other clubs in the state do for this. We are running a elementary dual team program, and will open it up for a folkstyle program, and be followed by the freestyle program. We are looking to have one coach run all three sections. My questions are as follows, do you,

1- Pay your coach for these 3 seasons?

2- if so, how much ?

3- from where does the money come if you pay them, club, or school board ?

if you pay the coaches, I do not expect exact numbers, but a ball park would be nice, $ 500.00 per season, $ 1000.00 per year, something along those lines, or do you pay them more.

Thank you for any input on this topic as this has the board kind of split at the moment.

Club coaches are just like the volunteer coaches you find at the YMCA, little leagues, football leagues, soccer leagues, etc.  No one gets paid.  You love the sport and you want to share your knowledge and love of the sport with kids in your community.

I have been associated with one of two clubs for the past 13 years, and neither club as ever paid a dime to the coaches nor has a coach ever asked for or expected a dime.  Club coaches usually are not in the sport for money.

We pay for our club coaches cards, and upgrade clinics. We also have a reimbursement system in place for them to use to help offset the cost. It does not pay for their expenses, but it does help them out. We as a club have a decent income and it is available to us. In the past when we did not have as much cash, it was all on their own to get the cards, and clinics, with no reimbursement in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Our club head coach is a college student and alumni of our HS and wrestling program.  He does an excellent job and the parents and kids love him.  I dont know if you would call our team a "club" team.  Our team is made up of K-5 graders and consists of 24 wrestlers who practice year around.  We pay this coach $50.00 per kid for his time and effort for the year and we try to cover his hotel expenses when we travel.  We have no problem paying him.  What hardworking college student couldnt use a little cash and like i said, he does a great job.  Very motivated, and very organized.  Honestly? I think he would do it for nothing if it ever came to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.