Tsirtsis vs. Harper

jwkwrestler12

i am from cp, so i would be rooting for jason.  but, i don't think that i could pick against harper.  especially if i had money on it.  (not that i would advocate gambling, i'm just sayin') 

harper is a sr. and three timer.  the benefit of the doubt is his to loose.  give respect where it is due.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the comment of Harper stalling comes up I think the real question is "is he stalling or is he a smart wrestler for slowing the pace?" Ultimately... until it costs him a match why wouldn't he continue to wrestle like he does. Dont get me wrong I'm not a fan of his (hell Im from Elkhart) but give the kid a break. 

Guest justafan52

I wouldn't say Harper should go 130 just to be "safe"

Porras almost had him last year, any rematch of that would be worth seeing

Harper is a smart wrestler, but certainly not a fun one to watch.  When I think of a great wrestler, I think of Angel, Andrew, Alex - others that wrestled and won with ease, not having to stall to win a match.  You can't say he doesn't stall because he gave up 2 stalling points in the finals against Porras.  That is not exciting wrestling from a 3 timer.

Harper is a smart wrestler, but certainly not a fun one to watch.  When I think of a great wrestler, I think of Angel, Andrew, Alex - others that wrestled and won with ease, not having to stall to win a match. 

I noticed you did not put 4x state state champ Blake Mauer in your list.  Many say he was not exciting, yet he was one of the best wrestlers to ever wrestle in Indiana.

Mauer was one of the most exciting guys to watch.  He was always in a tuff weight class and he went into OT or double OT 3 of 4 of his state titles.  Howe or Alex was not exciting to watch in my opinion.  They just went out there and mauled people

Mauer was one of the most exciting guys to watch.  He was always in a tuff weight class and he went into OT or double OT 3 of 4 of his state titles.  Howe or Alex was not exciting to watch in my opinion.  They just went out there and mauled people

I thought Alexs Match last night was pretty exciting.

I noticed you did not put 4x state state champ Blake Mauer in your list.  Many say he was not exciting, yet he was one of the best wrestlers to ever wrestle in Indiana.

Blake Maurer vs. Alex Dolly for the 171 State Championship in 2003 is still the most exciting high school match I have ever seen.

Many of Maurer's matched were won by a point... how is that not exciting?!!?

I thought his matches were exciting.  I also think that Harper's matches are exciting.  People who do not like that style tend to say that they are "boring" matches.

OK people - I put the 3 than OTHERS.  I'm not going to name each and every single person that is more exciting to watch than Harper.  I was just making a point that Harper isn't the most exciting 3 timer.  You are right Alex, Angel and Howe destroyed most people that they wrestled which proved they are the best.

Blake Maurer vs. Alex Dolly for the 171 State Championship in 2003 is still the most exciting high school match I have ever seen.

Many of Maurer's matched were won by a point... how is that not exciting?!!?

I agree. That match was definitely one of the best HS matches I've seen as well.

Harper..DUH...Saying anything other than that it ignorant.  Every time in his HS career that he has had to win a match, he did whether you or I liked how it looked. 

To say that Tsirtsis is going to come in as a frosh and beat a 3x state champ is disrespectful of what Harper has accomplished and unfair to a kid based on his brothers accomplishments.

I remember seeing Alex as a frosh at the Mville SS thinking "Wow, this kid is pretty amazing for a freshmen."  If the young Tsirtsis does the same will people say/think the same or find something to criticize or compare to his brother?

I don't think that Tsirtsis will win, but I don't think that he would get pinned by Harper.  Wasn't Harper a freshman at one point and won all his matches?  Obviously.  It's not impossible for Jason to win.  I feel sorry for Jason, he is definitely under the microscope.

I say Harper, But I don't think it'll be a blowout. But I could be wrong considering what Harper did to Sims last year who was an accomplished freshman. But the weight thing I don't buy Roach did well last year as a freshman at 130. I have a feeling it should be a good match. I want to see Harper and Cashe go at it again at Mishawaka. I think Cashe has improved big time since last time they wrestled. Should be a great match.

Harper..DUH...Saying anything other than that it ignorant.  Every time in his HS career that he has had to win a match, he did whether you or I liked how it looked. 

To say that Tsirtsis is going to come in as a frosh and beat a 3x state champ is disrespectful of what Harper has accomplished and unfair to a kid based on his brothers accomplishments.

I remember seeing Alex as a frosh at the Mville SS thinking "Wow, this kid is pretty amazing for a freshmen."  If the young Tsirtsis does the same will people say/think the same or find something to criticize or compare to his brother?

I am not basing anything on his brother's accomplishments.  If you have ever seen the kid wrestle you would know that.  Also it's not disrespectful because i truly believe that Tsirtsis will pull it out.  Also I'm sure people will compare him to his brother, but I am not.

the only reasoning i hear behind tsirtsis is his national accomplishments which i dont know of the top of my head so i wont really judge those but everyone was saying he majored a SSQ in thorton of chesterton. I guess i don't see how that means he is going to beat a 3x 1 loss senior...but hey ive made wilder predictions i guess.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.