LN vs MD

polytropos

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To state the obvious, a pin would really be great here.

I don't like that 189 matchup for MD. They better be up by more than three going into that one or I am going to have to start drinking. Too much coffee today, the ticker can't handle much more.

I don't think MD thinks they have it in the bag, I would say they probably thought a rested Bassemeier was better than a beat up Weinzapfel.

Can't give up four sticks.  That is shocking to me.  Brandenstein getting cradled by a 28-15 kid is well. . . wow.

Getting pinned four times is 1)embarassing and 2)probably unprecedented in MD state tournament history.

The Brandenstein match is simply, well, as you said, wow.  There were so many things that went wrong there, and throughout the entire match. 

Four pins?  One Team came to win.  The other brought some individuals who wanted to win, and some who were not so sure, or didn't have what it takes to get over a first round match like they had. 

Sad days.

Congratulations to Lawrence North and Good Luck!  You earned it.

Stunning. Insanity. Someone (or lots of someones) got caught looking ahead. I can't remember the last time MD gave up 4 pins in one meet.

I can't even find the words to describe this...

Congrats to Lawrence North, what a performance! Those young men came and wrestled their butts off.

why all the "sad days" comments?....I think its great !!!

ff

For those who will come on this discussion down the road, when Fearless Fly posted this, he had "666" as is post total, and 6 cool points. So, Fearless Fly bears the mark of the beast and his opinion should be considered in that light. That picture being right under the 666 really adds to the effect. Too funny!

[FF -- I hope you know I'm not serious]

I think some people are selling Douthitt a little short. He's been banged up, but he's a very good wrestler. LN has also shown a remarkable ability to elevate their wrestling in the team series.

We're not taking anything away from him.  He went out and pinned a superior wrestler, and in so doing, won the match for LN.  Dalton was favored to win that match.  Douthitt obviously did not pay attention to who was favored, gave it all he had, aand walked off the mat very victorious.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.