Biggest upset at State?

natlchamp2005

it could be considered an upset to some I guess because he was not ranked but if you knew kief's background not really. He has won a few iswa championships, 2 usa nationals and several usa,aau,cliff keen,liberty all american placements in fact as an eighth grader he did not wrestle in middle school he trained and traveled and placed third in dominator national series points. Congratulations to kief for your accomplishments during state series.

I think the biggest upset of the weakend was Drake Stein getting hurt.  He was beating Quiroz pretty handely when he got hurt.  Then quirroz goes on to get runner-up.  Not taking anything away from him he earned it.  But I will always sit back and wander what if on that one.  Has anyone heard how him and the Avon kid are doin

I think the biggest upset of the weakend was Drake Stein getting hurt.  He was beating Quiroz pretty handely when he got hurt.  Then quirroz goes on to get runner-up.  Not taking anything away from him he earned it.  But I will always sit back and wander what if on that one.  Has anyone heard how him and the Avon kid are doin

You should at least be correct if you are going to make such a bold statement. This has already been pointed out on the board at least once that Stein was NOT winning when the injury took place. Quiroz was up 5-2. Leave the disussion to people who were there and paid attention.  Him and the Avon kid both made it back to accept their 8th place medals and were apparently ok.

I think Richey dominating ROach was an upset. Richey was highly regarded, but I am pretty sure no one had him beating Roach the  way he did.

How much do you think the Richeys probably weigh right now? They are HUGE.

I think he wrestled 119 last year and 112 da year before/ he was chewin a leg off back den to make weight

This match was indeed an upset, even before the injury.  Stein was behind, clearly being effectively handled.  The 46-0 number one seed being beaten by the 34-11 freshman was an upset, if we believe there is such a thing as an "Upset" at this level.

No doubt Quiroz came to Wrestle, however last time I checked the way Quiroz dropped Stein was called a "slam".  Ya know, where the feet are clearly taken over the head??  Hat's off to Quiroz for wrestling tough, but he should have lost that match, that is if the ref's actually called by the rules.  Congrats to Stein as well, Great Season this year.  Look for both of these guys to up there with all the contenders next year....very impressive underclassmen at a 152 weight class ruled by juniors & seniors.

Welch over Dillon!!! I thought that was a pretty big upset at the time, but I would have to go with Eppert over Wright.

Eppert wrestled the perfect match.

i thought that was the biggest upset i think the problem with dillion this year was who did he face all season before tourny time no competition and when he finally did he fell through and didnt know how to react when he was down..

Welch over Dillon!!! I thought that was a pretty big upset at the time, but I would have to go with Eppert over Wright.

i thought that was the biggest upset i think the problem with dillion this year was who did he face all season before tourny time no competition and when he finally did he fell through and didnt know how to react when he was down..

well he did beat March earlier in the season...

maybe he couldnt bounce back after he lost to Roach

idk, just guessing

He won the Mishawaka Invite and he finished 5th at state last year so it's not like he's never seen elite competition. Give the kid from Castle some credit too, he brought his "A" game Friday night.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.