Indiana goes to happy valley

So with a few of our starting 10 injured or dinged , do we put them out there or keep them off the mat for a better matchup down the road. Eventually they will see these guys again in tje big ten tournament. Nothing to gain here 

I don't think there will be a better match up down the road. While IU has made strides, they're completely outclassed on their best day. Graham has the only chance to win and that's a stretch against Kasak. 

Yeah I'd say they have a chance at the Rooks match, but after that it's a stretch, especially considering the injury list.  Hopefully they come out fighting though for every point.  That at least was the positive change Escobedo brought with him when he took over from Goldman.

Agreed with both comments here. Isn’t it disheartening here, to the contrast of just talent alone ? Can’t even have a discussion about individual matchups. 

40 minutes ago, ReformedPoster said:

Has Brayton Lee taken the mat yet?  If not, when will he?

He wrestled in the dual against Princeton in December and that was it.  I am not surprised they would hold him out of some early tournaments since those are a grind on your body.  So hopefully the lack of seeing him is just a precaution against some lingering issues to have his body ready for some Big10 Duals and end-of-season events.   

This has probably been answered somewhere already, but what happened to Sam Goin? It does not show him listed on their roster? Is he holding out for a year?

23 hours ago, BrodyHardcastle said:

I think Goin reclassified and will come in next year. 

Yeah I believe it was mentioned earlier that he was going to take a gap year (“grey shirt year”) and then enter IU program next season. 

Edited by MattM

Wow, tough loss. I mean nobody expected a win, but not even a takedown. Washington didn't wrestle, hopefully not hurt after the Rutgers loss. Rooks got TF. Speaking of Rutgers, Purdue seemed more competitive than #21 IU. Hopefully IU gets those out in the line up for tourney time, otherwise...  

On 1/12/2024 at 9:03 PM, nk140 said:

They may medical Brayton this year.  Also Gilcher is nursing an elbow injury after MFF the first match at the Sherdian (Army) tournament 

Is Lee on the Micic plan?  If he medicals and wrestles next year, that will be his 7th year