Girls Semi-State

navy80

I’m just guessing but with trying to find a few girls to fill in some of the weight class holes*, plus it also falling on a holiday weekend it could be a a day or two more before it’s all officially released.  The trackwrestling deadline for the SS has been set to be released at  Tues. 1/2 at 4pm. Although they could always release it earlier if everything’s in place faster. I’d imagine the state brackets come out a little quicker with the timing and the fact all weight classes would be full. 

*Determine which 5th placers (or any available girl) should fill in the missing weight hole, then contact that schools coach, who contacts their wrestler to let them know, who contacts their coach, who contacts  the tournament director if they are in or not, and then adjusting the bracket accordingly after. Then repeat these steps for the amount of SS weight holes there are for 4 different SS. 

Edited by MattM

3 hours ago, MattM said:

I’m just guessing but with trying to find a few girls to fill in some of the weight class holes*, plus it also falling on a holiday weekend it could be a a day or two more before it’s all officially released.  The trackwrestling deadline for the SS has been set to be released at  Tues. 1/2 at 4pm. Although they could always release it earlier if everything’s in place faster. I’d imagine the state brackets come out a little quicker with the timing and the fact all weight classes would be full. 

*Determine which 5th placers (or any available girl) should fill in the missing weight hole, then contact that schools coach, who contacts their wrestler to let them know, who contacts their coach, who contacts  the tournament director if they are in or not, and then adjusting the bracket accordingly after. Then repeat these steps for the amount of SS weight holes there are for 4 different SS. 

Makes perfect sense! Thanks

Brackets are being uploaded now it took me all of last night and since early this morning until just now to get the correct girls in. They will be released sometime tomorrow depending on how fast we can get them in. A lot of girls are going to be excited for an opportunity to get a second shot at the coveted state title.

15 hours ago, Ironbear said:

Brackets are being uploaded now it took me all of last night and since early this morning until just now to get the correct girls in. They will be released sometime tomorrow depending on how fast we can get them in. A lot of girls are going to be excited for an opportunity to get a second shot at the coveted state title.

So are they making it so that there will be 16 girls in each weight at semi state. So some regional 5th and even 6th place girls will get in?

6 minutes ago, ThatFan06 said:

So are they making it so that there will be 16 girls in each weight at semi state. So some regional 5th and even 6th place girls will get in?

The plan explained in a different topic was to try and fill some of the open spots in brackets by adding in some additional girls from regionals that were more than 4 girls deep. 

2 hours ago, ThatFan06 said:

Yes we are filling the brackets with as many as needed. But we will only pull from the 4 regionals in a semi state. Not outside any semi-states.

55 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Do you know what four regionals will feed into Mooresville?

Same route as the boys semi-state.  So for Mooresville it would be:

Franklin (Mooresville)

West Washington (Jeffersonville)

Mr. Vernon (Castle)

Floyd Central (Bloomington South)

1 minute ago, MattM said:

Same route as the boys semi-state.  So for Mooresville it would be:

Franklin (Mooresville)

West Washington (Jeffersonville)

Mr. Vernon (Castle)

Floyd Central (Bloomington South)

Ah okay. I missed Mt Vernon. I was thinking the Mt Vernon near Indy. Thanks!

10 hours ago, bomber_bob said:

I'm confused how the placement seeded the brackets. 

At Penn Semi-State 115, our girl (Kaylee Cates), who placed 5th at the Regional was seeded as a 4 seed. After the brackets were redrawn, she is now seeded as a 2 seed?

The Mishawaka regional only had one 115 competitor so at the very least the 2-4 slots from that regional would have had to be filled. Not involved with the creation of the brackets but that could be why.

I'm not really the biggest fan of adding wrestlers to the bracket like this.

1. It creates confusion
2. Since there are no wrestle-backs, the 5th or 6th placers might actually get a better draw than the 3rd or 4th place finishers and advance.

18 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I'm not really the biggest fan of adding wrestlers to the bracket like this.

1. It creates confusion
2. Since there are no wrestle-backs, the 5th or 6th placers might actually get a better draw than the 3rd or 4th place finishers and advance.

No disagreement here. Frankly, I wish there were wrestle-backs. I think that helps ensure that the most deserving get spots not just based on their draws.