ISWA Folkstyle State

Just now, Silence Dogood said:

$50

Thanks. I will be working track at the event, but I wanted to talk to the kids I am coaching at Pike about going to this event. We have some young kids that have never wrestled, so I might need to caution them, but then again any time on the mat is a good thing. 

16 minutes ago, Thor said:

How crazy is this tournament? This is going to be my first time coaching here. 

Depends on your definition of crazy... but there is wrestling going on in multiple cafeterias. 

Other than that, it is pretty well organized and each weight class is on an assigned mat for pretty much the entire tournament. 

13 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Other than that, it is pretty well organized and each weight class is on an assigned mat for pretty much the entire tournament. 

Big tournaments like that need to split those weights over a few mats so that you don't hit wait times at the end of the day. I hate to see kids wrestling their 4 toughest matches within minutes of each other.

24 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Big tournaments like that need to split those weights over a few mats so that you don't hit wait times at the end of the day. I hate to see kids wrestling their 4 toughest matches within minutes of each other.

I know last year my son wrestled all day on two mats. Around 45 kids in his weight class. He was wrestling like every 20 minutes it seemed like.  The last few round we did have wait times, and that was a bummer.  It would have been nice to have a bit more time in between matches. I think he was the only weight class on those 2 mats, since it was such a big bracket. If there was another weight or 2 in there it would help with the wait times, but then the tournament would take longer. Over-all it runs faster than the good ole days in the cattle barn at the state fairgrounds.

16 minutes ago, Rugger44 said:

I know last year my son wrestled all day on two mats. Around 45 kids in his weight class. He was wrestling like every 20 minutes it seemed like.  The last few round we did have wait times, and that was a bummer.  It would have been nice to have a bit more time in between matches. I think he was the only weight class on those 2 mats, since it was such a big bracket. If there was another weight or 2 in there it would help with the wait times, but then the tournament would take longer. Over-all it runs faster than the good ole days in the cattle barn at the state fairgrounds.

No the tournament would not take longer at all. If you have three weights on three separate mats you could run those weights, just on those three mats and spread it out. That will give the kids a little more buffer on wait times and even some extra rest towards the end. It will still run the same amount of time.

On 2/27/2023 at 7:44 AM, ENoblewrestling said:

I believe it is being seeded this year off of past USA Wrestling Results.

Do you know any more details? Like specific USA events or just state results from previous years?

18 hours ago, pupp44 said:

Do you know any more details? Like specific USA events or just state results from previous years?

The only thing that I have heard is that only USA events will count toward the seeding, and that it is taking into account several years of information.  I would consider myself far from an expert on how this seeding will look though.

2 hours ago, ENoblewrestling said:

The only thing that I have heard is that only USA events will count toward the seeding, and that it is taking into account several years of information.  I would consider myself far from an expert on how this seeding will look though.

What are the said events?

1 hour ago, Coach Beezy said:

What are the said events?

Ok so I rememebered where I had "heard" this from lol. It was an email for our section newsletter, it stated that only USA/ISWA events would be used for the rankings. So I guess any USA/ISWA event, but things like Nuway, Hyway, etc would not count toward the rankings.