Lighting on the mat

8 minutes ago, rookie78 said:

My guess is it looked cool on TV, but it sucked from the terraces.

Didn’t look that cool on my TV.  I could see everything perfectly fine with the prior years spotlight when I watched my  TV recorded.  Having most of the lower bowl of seating lit up kinda was a distracting I had to get used to.  Unless it was some major help to the reds seeing near fall/pinning angles without shadow effects I don’t see a reason to ever have the lights set up like that ever again. 

Edited by MattM

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

If you couldn’t see in the arena you might be blind. Was it great? No, definitely could have been better. But if you couldn’t see you need your eyes checked. Thought it looked fine on the board. 

But it turns out I was in the arena to watch it live... Not watch the board. 

2 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

But it turns out I was in the arena to watch it live... Not watch the board. 

That was for those complaining on tv. Still saw it clear as day looking at the mat, just not as bright. Still physically saw everything and I grow closer to blind every day. 

13 minutes ago, Thor said:

If you couldn’t see in the arena you might be blind. Was it great? No, definitely could have been better. But if you couldn’t see you need your eyes checked. Thought it looked fine on the board. 

On the jumbo screen it looked good, but yes I'm getting older and vision is too...lol!

Well, I didn't care for the shadows on the stream, but, liked it overall. Sometimes it's too dark in the stands with a bright spotlight on the mat, don't like that in person or a stream. May be hard to please everyone. I know in the past have felt it was too dark for safety reasons in person.