2006 Evansville Mater Dei

blueandgold

A team who finished the season unbeaten with their eleventh state championship and no individual champions, highest individual finishers both placed third from only five state qualifiers that year. I feel like this is an incredible feat that gets overlooked and really speaks to what has made the EMD program special. It’s like a Best Picture winner at the Oscars without a single actor nomination. I’m pretty sure every other championship team from another school has had at least one individual champion or finalist. Is Mater Dei the only team to ever do this?

I forget when we stopped doing dual state championships. Was this the year of the MD vs Hobart match? MD was a hard team to beat in a dual. Not bulletproof but most team members were at least Regional qualifiers, the Castle Regional was always loaded that made it hard to get to Semistate.

31 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

I forget when we stopped doing dual state championships. Was this the year of the MD vs Hobart match? MD was a hard team to beat in a dual. Not bulletproof but most team members were at least Regional qualifiers, the Castle Regional was always loaded that made it hard to get to Semistate.

1999 Hobart was up 24 I believe