Wabash College actual D3 national champs

Looked on this forum and the college forum and didn't see any mention of it.  BUT....

The Little Giants are national champs... 

The ncaa vacated 2 ncaa wrestling individual titles (one of those being 197) and a team from the tournament.  Since they lost by 1 point it should make them the champ right? 

https://www.d3wrestle.com/two-champions-three-teams-have-results-vacated-at-2022-championships/

1 hour ago, formercollegekid said:

Is this the 1st time an Indiana team has won a national championship? 

PS before someone says it... 

"There's a website for that" 

--I know , I know -- 😆

Technically IU won a national title in the pre-WWII era in 1932. It probably helped it was hosted at Indiana in the time where schools often choose to just send who they thought could compete due up little financial commitment to the program. Purdue and IU also have a runner-up spot in the earlier days, as well. 

Edited by MattM

Man I really don't like that outcome... if it's bad enough to strip a champion of a title then it should be enough to make changes and award a new champion. 

Its not like we are talking about this decades after it happened.  Should be an easy change. I agree with the article tho, ncaa should be a little more transparent in what went down.