Forfeit Data for 2021

Y2CJ41

33 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Obviously we can blame Covid for some, but this year's data is nasty.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tHx0uRTBMvLc638E0UYQckEJvYtfCaArgJqRCwBOZEk/edit?usp=sharing

At Portage, there are only 7 teams competing (if you were to count Andrean who is completely out for the year, there would be 14 more FFTs).  You have it listed as 8 teams but not the 14 FFTs due to COVID this year.

20 minutes ago, Chris Cooper said:

The forfeits by team doesn't seem accurate

Yeah, something is screwy on the team page. Also, you've got a bunch of teams on your list that aren't on the IHSAA entry list. Does that mean they're entered but the IHSAA just didn't include them on their list? I thought Purdue Polytechnic, for example, wasn't competing till 2023-24

6 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

It should be fixed.

As far as the teams on the list that aren't on the sectional entry they are the weird teams that aren't wrestling in the state series for one reason or another. They are in the database as being an IHSAA team, just didn't spend time sorting them out.

Gotcha, thanks.

10 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

It should be fixed.

As far as the teams on the list that aren't on the sectional entry they are the weird teams that aren't wrestling in the state series for one reason or another. They are in the database as being an IHSAA team, just didn't spend time sorting them out.

Wait, but how do you have their forfeit data then if they're not entered in a sectional?

I figured it out. It's the teams on lines 78-83 that have "zero" forfeits but aren't actually in the state series. That makes sense. It then brings the total number of teams to 309--which is what is on the IHSAA list.

Unless I am looking at it wrong.... Shenandoah has 1 kid in the 106 bracket!!!! He/'she is going to Forfeit to a Sectional Championship without wrestling a single match!  I don't know if that is funny, depressing, or impressive but either way, 40 years from now this kid is going to be telling all the locals that he/she was a Sectional Champion in 2021!  First names Kendra so it could even be the first Female sectional champ in school history.   What at crazy year!

Edited by CoachLuzadder

I will say the south Dearborn data is skewed a little.  It says they have 11 teams,  the 11th team being Oldenburg academy who doesn't have a team therefore every weight class is listed as a forfeit that gives the section 14 additional forfeits. We're not sure why track had them entered they haven't had a team since 2018.

26 minutes ago, bbulldog152 said:

I will say the south Dearborn data is skewed a little.  It says they have 11 teams,  the 11th team being Oldenburg academy who doesn't have a team therefore every weight class is listed as a forfeit that gives the section 14 additional forfeits. We're not sure why track had them entered they haven't had a team since 2018.

I took out teams that were not entered in the event and added forfeits for teams without the full 14 "entered."

4 hours ago, CoachLuzadder said:

Unless I am looking at it wrong.... Shenandoah has 1 kid in the 106 bracket!!!! He/'she is going to Forfeit to a Sectional Championship without wrestling a single match!  I don't know if that is funny, depressing, or impressive but either way, 40 years from now this kid is going to be telling all the locals that he/she was a Sectional Champion in 2021!  First names Kendra so it could even be the first Female sectional champ in school history.   What at crazy year!

Looks like a pretty clear path for her!!

1120303107_ScreenShot2021-01-29at12_43_31PM.png.5cefd63de2f9172cab063e956ca45812.png

1 hour ago, PantherCoach said:

Instantly winning your sectional is one crazy thing.  My take away is that there are going to be three 106's from the South Dearborn Sectional that will qualify for Semi-State just by weighing in!

Just looked and, predictably, there are only four 106s there either. Basically, they'll have a little 4-way battle for semi-state berths this weekend. Semi-final winners are into semi-state and conso winner is too!

All 4 guys are having nice seasons so they or Kendra will deserve their spots at semi-state, but it's all so bizarre nonetheless. 

There are a few situations like this where there are less than 8 kids between the two sectionals at the lower weights, so all are already qualified for regional after weigh-in and 1 or 2 will earn semi-state berths too this weekend.

Every sectional participant in 7 weights at East Chicago and 6 weights at Shenandoah are automatically into regional.

Edited by maligned

19 hours ago, maligned said:

There are a few situations like this where there are less than 8 kids between the two sectionals at the lower weights, so all are already qualified for regional after weigh-in and 1 or 2 will earn semi-state berths too this weekend.

Every sectional participant in 7 weights at East Chicago and 6 weights at Shenandoah are automatically into regional.

It's now 8 weights for EC and half of the 8 are carrying forfeits to regionals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.