Who's the top 106 this year?

ontherise219

Not taking anything away from Cummings. He is a solid wrestler. Of note though is the fact that Hildebrandt made it to the finals in the 106 Junior Folkstyle and Freestyle National tournaments this year.

Hildebrandt is the favorite if he goes 106 in my opinion.

Kory Cavanaugh should be at 106 for Penn . Kind of suprised he is not ranked , he was a Fargo Cadet All American . 

Maybe it's Folkstyle National's I'm thinking of . Thought I remember him placing 8th . 

Yes it was Folkstyle Nationals , just looked it up . Kind of Strange that Colton Cummings and Tommy Forte both Placed 7th at the same tournament and are both ranked #1 in Indiana . Cavanaugh places 8th and is not even ranked in Indiana . Oh well they are only rankings , it will play out . 

Forte lost to Joe Smith and Valencia, he was the third best kid there.

Not quite sure what this has to do with anything , cause Cavanaugh could of been the 3rd or 4th best wrestler in his weight class as well .  My point was that a kid wins an ISWA Cadet State title in 2013 , is an ISWA Cadet state runnerup in 2014 , and AA's (8th) in a National tourney. But yet is not ranked in his home state . I guess time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

Not quite sure what this has to do with anything , cause Cavanaugh could of been the 3rd or 4th best wrestler in his weight class as well .  My point was that a kid wins an ISWA Cadet State title in 2013 , is an ISWA Cadet state runnerup in 2014 , and AA's (8th) in a National tourney. But yet is not ranked in his home state . I guess time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

What does that have to do with anything?

Forte lost to two of the top kids in the nation that weekend. The bracket had three nationally ranked individuals on the same side, which meant one got 1st, one 3rd and one would end up 7th. Valencia and Smith met in the quarter-finals.  These are NATIONALLY RANKED individuals.

There were no nationally ranked wrestlers in Cananaugh's weight. Having success at Cadet 94lbs isn't exactly going to translate into 106lbs.  Also he didn't win any cadet styles this past year. He had losses to guys that are not ranked currently and no wins against ranked kids that I saw after a quick glance. He is right where he should be right now, if he does well, he will enter the rankings. It won't be tough with the schedule Penn wrestles.

• 3 weeks later...

Agree. Evv semi state is very deep. MV semi state has some very high quality H2O as well. Chime in New Castle and Ft Wayne semi state gurus!

Well I'm no guru, but New Castle looks to be very deep also.

Alec White or Cameron Diep - New Pal

Klayton Anderson - HSE

Chapman Luster - Franklin Central

David Bryant - Pendleton Heights

Mateo Barrantes - Noblesville

Azariah Ellis - Zionsville

Cainan Schaefer - South Dearborn

Just to name a few..........

Well I'm no guru, but New Castle looks to be very deep also.

Alec White or Cameron Diep - New Pal

Klayton Anderson - HSE

Chapman Luster - Franklin Central

David Bryant - Pendleton Heights

Mateo Barrantes - Noblesville

Azariah Ellis - Zionsville

Cainan Schaefer - South Dearborn

Just to name a few..........

And this list is not including Conaway from Beech Grove.  A good class for sure!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.