Transition from Folkstyle to Freestyle

grecoref

[move]SCARCASM WARNING SCARCASM WARNING SCARCASM WARNING[/move]

Don't be posting that rubbish propaganda on here. 'Mericans don't need to learn no Freestyle. When Folkstyle is over, we practice more Folkstyle!!

This is like saying P.I.G. makes you a better basketball player!!   

It is amazing that people with no clue just continue to show their ignorance!!! Wrestling freestyle will make you a much better all around wrestler for any style.... Especially for Folkstyle!! It amazes me that four months ago everyone was wearing save Olympic wrestling shirts and posting "Save Olympic Wrestling" all over their Facebook.  The fact is most of them are pretenders that don't truly support wrestling as a sport!! I'm sure Triple B is more of an expert about wrestling than Terry Brands!! A HUGE percentage of the best wrestlers in our country and in our state wrestle Freestyle!! The best programs in our state support Freestyle wrestling, and their athletes wrestle Freestyle!! Programs like; Perry Meridian, Evansville Mater Dei, Franklin, Cathedral, Penn, Yorktown, Warren Central, Merrillville, Portage, etc..... 

Freestyle teaches you how to use your hips, how to finish takedowns in better position, how to keep your back away from the mat, how to control ties, how to attack scoring positions, how to keep your hips heavy........ the list goes on and on!!!

We are our own worst enemy!! We say we support our sport in the Olympics but we try to kill Freestyle by creating renegade wrestling associations that directly impede Freestyle and line peoples' pockets!!They schedule Folkstyle tournaments to directly conflict with Freestyle tournaments!!!

Indiana wrestlers that were/are avid Freestyle wrestlers:

Alex and Jason Tsirtsis

Blake Maurer

Reece Humpphrey

Angel Escobedo

Alex Dolly

Matt Coughlin

Shane Perkey

Cody LeCount

Stevan Micic

Leroy Vega

Andy Trevino

Brad Harper

Lance Ellis

This is a short list!!

I'm sure there are spelling or grammatical errors in this post...... Before the cute attempts at humor start. 

Ok..... Cool Discussion Board veterans. (Sarcasm)

Well aware that the post could have been sarcastic.  One can not always draw that conclusion with all the trivial grab---ing on this board.

The point is, we are more interested in jokes and trying to be funny on this board than we are in truly supporting wrestling or developing wrestlers. 

Oh by the way.... Being a veteran poster on this board is not a good thing.  It just means you spend too much time on your duffs in front of a computer!  ;)

Ok..... Cool Discussion Board veterans. (Sarcasm)

Well aware that the post could have been sarcastic.  One can not always draw that conclusion with all the trivial grab---ing on this board.

The point is, we are more interested in jokes and trying to be funny on this board than we are in truly supporting wrestling or developing wrestlers. 

Oh by the way.... Being a veteran poster on this board is not a good thing.  It just means you spend too much time on your duffs in front of a computer!  ;)

Noob,

Us that you insult are on the frontline, fighting the fight, that you are on this board arguing. I've been on this board for years sticking up for Freestyle.

I've plugged Freestyle for years, I've reffed Freestyle state, I've left my wife and kids at home to take and coach other kids at Freestyle tournaments. I spend 4 nights a week coaching from 18 year olds down to 4 year olds. I have almost no open weekends from November to June.

Your feelings hurt??? Take a hike........(no scarcasm intended)

Every coach I've encountered has been a big supporter of off season freestyle wrestling. They teach it in their rooms during the off season. They coach kids from other schools.

You need to eat a Snickers, bud.

SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE....... I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT OUR SPORT AND SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING TO IT.  I APPRECIATE YOUR SERVICE TO OUR SPORT AND KIDS.  FACT IS THE HYWAY, MYWAY, HISWAY, HERWAY, THIERWAY AND ALL THE OTHER CRAP IS HURTING FREESTYLE!

I AM A NOOB ON THIS BOARD AND INTEND TO STAY THAT WAY!! I ASSURE YOU THOUGH I AM NOT A NOOB IN THIS SPORT!! I AM AT THE PENN RTC EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHOW ME HOW LONG OF A HIKE I SHOULD TAKE.  :D :D :D

SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE....... I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT OUR SPORT AND SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING TO IT.  I APPRECIATE YOUR SERVICE TO OUR SPORT AND KIDS.  FACT IS THE HYWAY, MYWAY, HISWAY, HERWAY, THIERWAY AND ALL THE OTHER CRAP IS HURTING FREESTYLE!

I AM A NOOB ON THIS BOARD AND INTEND TO STAY THAT WAY!! I ASSURE YOU THOUGH I AM NOT A NOOB IN THIS SPORT!! I AM AT THE PENN RTC EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHOW ME HOW LONG OF A HIKE I SHOULD TAKE.  :D :D :D

God, I hope Door E is a  double door or you are going to have to meet TripleB outside!!!!!

Am I missing something?? dont you both have the same opinion and both are passionate about freestyle....wheres the conflict?? haha  Seems you guys would be hugging and singing kumbaya with "I Flip For Freestyle" shirts on.

Am I missing something?? dont you both have the same opinion and both are passionate about freestyle....wheres the conflict?? haha  Seems you guys would be hugging and singing kumbaya with "I Flip For Freestyle" shirts on.

You raise a good point.......lol

I am just very frustrated with the fact that people are hosting Folkstyle tournaments that take kids away from Freestyle tournaments when four months ago we were all trying to save wrestling as an Olympic sport.  We have a larger voice if we are all unified behind Freestyle, especially after Folkstyle State.

You raise a good point.......lol

I am just very frustrated with the fact that people are hosting Folkstyle tournaments that take kids away from Freestyle tournaments when four months ago we were all trying to save wrestling as an Olympic sport.  We have a larger voice if we are all unified behind Freestyle, especially after Folkstyle State.

I do concur Lord Vader...

I guess we are guilty b/c our Gauntlet is all 3 styles. But I'm hoping to lure in Folkstylers by offering it and then getting them to do some freestyle and greco...

WAIT.....I have already started selling tickets to this epic show down....You guys can't get along!!!!!

As TripleB manager I do have a couple of stipulations.

1. does Penn have a loading dock for his arrival?

2. NO STAIRS!

3. Taco Bar

4. No pics...he seems to always make bad decisions when camera phones come out....

5. Case of Diet Coke.

WAIT.....I have already started selling tickets to this epic show down....You guys can't get along!!!!!

As TripleB manager I do have a couple of stipulations.

1. does Penn have a loading dock for his arrival?

2. NO STAIRS!

3. Taco Bar

4. No pics...he seems to always make bad decisions when camera phones come out....

5. Case of Diet Coke.

If memory serves me correctly, Penn's wrestling room is upstairs  :-\

So.....

If a club that has been around for 4 years has One tourney to hold for fund raising, and

wants to pull as many wrestlers in, by offering Folkstyle only were against freestyle?

I would love to hold a freestyle meet, but u can't count on the numbers. U have to offer what the youth and jr high are in to as well to get them in.

If I thought a cadet/ jr freestyle tourney would draw 150-200 kids, it would be done. We would have the spartan bowl with four full mats, I would call in every official I know. It would be awesome!!

However, those numbers we seen many years ago are gone.

I will countinue to teach and endorse freestyle, but no matter what by May I might be lucky to have 5 kids wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.