Great matches with not much hype

Besides the highly anticipated Lee vs. Micic, Forte vs LeCount, and 106 bracket. What are some great matches that you are looking forward to? Me being from Evansville here are some of mine:

113: Tyler Ferguson (#2) vs. Garret Pepple (2nd last year)

These two meet in the 2nd round and the winner will be in the finals.

Ferguson's only 2 career losses are to D.J. Smith I'm pretty sure.

120: Brock Hudkins (beat #2 LaHue) vs. Jake Sinkovics (Undefeated senior Mishawaka)

Hudkins wrestled great at Semi-State (has a mean super duck) I think he will come out on top.

Remember though: Sinkovics  is in the wrestling room with Macri & Forte... everyday...

132: Blake Jourdan vs Brandon James

This will be the best Friday night match. Jourdan is very, very aggressive and will not go down without a fight.

James would of had a chance at a State title last year if it wasn't for Luke Welch knocking him off. (barely)

152: (#1) Brendon Kelley vs. (#2) Tristan Macri. IN THE SEMIS!!! >:(

Both undefeated seniors who deserve to be wrestling each-other under the LIGHTS!!

These two have met 3 times Kelley up 2-1, but Macri winning when it counted (for 3rd and 4th last year).

Winner of this is the state champion at 152, and you can tell your mother I said that.

These are just a few quite matches I am PUMPED about. Any matches any of you are dying to see?????

Besides the highly anticipated Lee vs. Micic, Forte vs LeCount, and 106 bracket. What are some great matches that you are looking forward to? Me being from Evansville here are some of mine:

120: Brock Hudkins (beat #2 LaHue) vs. Jake Sinkovics (Undefeated senior Mishawaka)

Hudkins wrestled great at Semi-State (has a mean super duck) I think he will come out on top.

Remember though: Sinkovics  is in the wrestling room with Macri & Forte... everyday...

132: Blake Jourdan vs Brandon James

This will be the best Friday night match. Jourdan is very, very aggressive and will not go down without a fight.

James would of had a chance at a State title last year if it wasn't for Luke Welch knocking him off. (barely)

152: (#1) Brendon Kelley vs. (#2) Tristan Macri. IN THE SEMIS!!! >:(

Both undefeated seniors who deserve to be wrestling each-other under the LIGHTS!!

These two have met 3 times Kelley up 2-1, but Macri winning when it counted (for 3rd and 4th last year).

Winner of this is the state champion at 152, and you can tell your mother I said that.

These are just a few quite matches I am PUMPED about. Any matches any of you are dying to see?????

Macri is up 2-1 Met at State last year, ISWA Folkstyle State, and the IHPO.

Junior 152 - Tristan Macri's place is 1st and has scored 12.00 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Tristan Macri (Mishawaka Wrestling Club) received a bye () (Bye)

Champ. Round 2 - Tristan Macri (Mishawaka Wrestling Club) won by fall over Brandon Gay (Brownsburg Bulldog WC) (Fall 2:37)

Champ. Round 3 - Tristan Macri (Mishawaka Wrestling Club) won by fall over Jerry Heckathorn (Rochester Wrestling Club) (Fall 3:47)

Quarterfinal - Tristan Macri (Mishawaka Wrestling Club) won by fall over Tylor Willms (Roadrunner Wrestling Club) (Fall 4:30)

Semifinal - Tristan Macri (Mishawaka Wrestling Club) won by decision over Brendon Kelley (Evansville Central Wrestling Academy) (Dec 9-6)

1st Place Match - Tristan Macri (Mishawaka Wrestling Club) won by tech fall over Alex Rinehart (Penn Wrestling Club) (TF 20-5)

If memory serves correctly, Kelley beat Macri 2-0 at the IHPO and after that match Macri injury defaulted his next one. Not sure if that was during the match or if it had any effect, but these two always have good matches. Can't wait for it at state.

And as far as looking forward to Hudkins/Sinkovics, I think Glogouski may spoil that. Glogouski/Hudkins will be one of the best Saturday morning matches.

Kelley won 4-2 at IHPO with a takedown and reversal. Macri scored a lock hands call and escape.

My most anticipated, under the radar match, is Red vs. Lahue

mine too! Lahue had a set back at semi-state but he is on a mission i think he pulls the upset!

I know anything can happen at state and Lahue is a stud, but have u seen Red wreste this year?

I have not got a chance to watch him this year but I have heard he wrestling awesome ! I'm just being a little biased since lahue lives in my area. He a different wrestler from last year!

I have not got a chance to watch him this year but I have heard he wrestling awesome ! I'm just being a little biased since lahue lives in my area. He a different wrestler from last year!

Ya, Lahue is a bad dude for sure. I watched him wrestle Hughes over the summer and he was very impressive.

I am in awe of Red and the way he is wrestling. He looks hungry to be a 4xer. I would be shocked if he went down this weekend.

Great ones so far..  Here are a few that interest me for one reason or another.

Egli vs. Reitz - Quarterfinal (winner should be under the lights

Bailey vs. Cummings - Quarterfinal

Konrath vs. Bailey - Semis (Final quality match)

120 - Even with Chad Red as the favorite, to me this is the deepest weight class by far.  Great matchups from the beginning on Friday night.

Cottey vs. Glogouski - Opener

Sinkovics vs. Johnson - Opener (Johnson winning would be a big upset, but I'm curious to see how Johnson wrestles here.  To me this could be telling to where he may be get to next year.)

Schermer vs. Knapp - Quarterfinal

LaHue vs. Red - Quarterfinal (Final quality!)

Hudkins vs. Sinkovics - Semis (1-1 vs. each other...  Winner with a shot to beat Red. 

Carithers vs. Josh Davis - Quarterfinal (don't know much about Carithers, but Davis is very good)

Batts vs. Harvey - Opener

Schurg vs. Damler - Opener (Damler kind of came from nowhere last weekend and was very impressive.  Can he step it up again?)

Schrug vs. Carroll - Quarterfinal (tough road for Schurg)

Corsaro vs. Kemper - Quarterfinal (more of a measuring stick for Kemper.  W/ practice partner Kelley, woudn't put anything past him)

Hiestand vs. Forzley - Opener

Jeffrey Scott vs. Bennet Kempf - Opener (would love feedback from others on this one)

Chase Osborn vs. Jake Rickenbaugh - Quarterfinal

Kral vs. Scott - Opener

Wagner vs. Thacker - Quarterfinal (can Thacker bounce back after tripping up last week?)

Ya, Lahue is a bad dude for sure. I watched him wrestle Hughes over the summer and he was very impressive.

I am in awe of Red and the way he is wrestling. He looks hungry to be a 4xer. I would be shocked if he went down this weekend.

Could Red and Nick Lee be on a collision course a year or two down the road?

Correction the winner will be in the semis!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.