Hartman

brickfor6

If a wrestler is DQ during a IHSAA event, doesn't the wrestler have to seat out next match?

If he is DQ'd for flagrant misconduct, yes. This was a DQ for an illegal move, thus not flagrant misconduct. If he flipped off the ref and told him inappropriate things then that would have kicked him out for good.

Is being disqualified for an illegal slam a full removal from the tournament or is there a separation in different degrees of Disqualifications?

Look up a little bit, Y2 just covered that.

If this same occurrence occurred a round after for Torres, he would have been able to wrestle in the 3rd place match.  It was called a slam and not deemed to have been on purpose, therefore he would have been able to wrestle.

that's really too bad, but his health is more important...and from what I have seen from a few kids I know personally, once you get 1 concussion, its a lot easier to get more if you come back to early....I would suggest several weeks before he gets back to wrestling or I think the chances of another concussion are really high....just my thoughts...congrats on a great season tho...

Jake Hartman will not be able to wrestle this weekend. He went through a series of test today. He still has symptoms of mild brain trauma (concussion). A message was sent to Coach Cosgrove. We wish everyone the best of luck this weekend.

That's really to bad. Hopefully he is able to walk in the parade of champions.

What's too bad is dat da young feller from da Portage Indians can't make da trip to da Fieldhouse dis weekend. He is more deserving than da Blackout kid. Plus, aren't we all tired of ole Danny and Cosgrove telling us to bring da flashlights in preparation for da Blackout.