MD state finals draw

Jayruss

Their draw is what they earned based on semi-state placings. 

106- 2nd place- decent draw

120- 4th place- faces #1

126- 1st- Good draw except Micic in Semi's

132- 3rd- faces 2nd from another semi state

138- 3rd- faces #2

145- 4th- faces #1

160- 4th- faces #1

170- 4th- faces #1

MD is solid, but with only one winner and one second, your draw is what you earn.  Maybe they could have had an easier #1 seed from another region, but I am not sure it would matter.

Their draw is what they earned based on semi-state placings. 

106- 2nd place- decent draw

120- 4th place- faces #1

126- 1st- Good draw except Micic in Semi's

132- 3rd- faces 2nd from another semi state

138- 3rd- faces #2

145- 4th- faces #1

160- 4th- faces #1

170- 4th- faces #1

MD is solid, but with only one winner and one second, your draw is what you earn.  Maybe they could have had an easier #1 seed from another region, but I am not sure it would matter.

you are correct, you get what you earn and most of the guys didn't "earn" a good draw.  However, with that being said, they still could have gotten better draws but they got some of the worst draws you could get which is what the original poster said.  I don't think you can argue that. 

once again...nobody said they didn't "earn" what they got...please pay attention.  Since its is a DRAW into other semi states, they could have gotten some better draws.  It is what it is but just reading what the OP said and you can't argue with what he said...pretty simple.

Is it me or did MD got the worst draws for state? Man they got some awful draws

at 120 - Red, Sinkovics or Knapp - you got the middle draw

at 132 - you got the worst draw

at 138 - Covaciu, Pruitt or Ellinger - you got probably the best draw

at 145 - Forte, Loe or Lecount - Loe would have been best, but only 1/3 chance of that

at 160 - you got Hiestand, would you have preferred Mammolenti or Corsaro?

at 170 - Jackson may have been better, but Osborn would have been worse

not the best draws, but not the worst either...at this point not only has the wheat been sperated from the chaff, but some of the wheat has been left behind as well. So I guess I would

agree with the original poster that SOME of the draws are awful.

at 145 - Forte, Loe or Lecount - Loe would have been best, but only 1/3 chance of that

not the best draws, but not the worst either...at this point not only has the wheat been sperated from the chaff, but some of the wheat has been left behind as well. So I guess I would

good post....i agree.

Perhaps those kids on the other side are saying the same about their draw. Mater Dei is tough to beat when they have 4 days to prepare for one specific wrestler. Not that I am saying they are going to win them all but I would say there will be a few that come out of there winners. The only one I see unattainable for Mater Dei is 145. The rest are manageable with the talent level they have in the room and on the coaching staff.

What he said

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.