Middle School State

shoottowin

I know this is the High School Board...so I'm hoping some of you have been to Middle School State.  Are last year's results posted anywhere?  I've checked Trackwrestling, ISWA and the results page here and can't find anything about last year's tournament.  I have never been there and would like to know if kids can go without their school team going?  (our school is not taking the team)  Also, is it like ISWA Folk and Freestyle State, where anybody with a coaches card can coach a kid?  How many kids typically to a weight class?  I may take a 220 pounder and a 100 pounder.  Is it single or double elimination and is it seeded by the kids' school record?  Thank you!

I know this is the High School Board...so I'm hoping some of you have been to Middle School State.  Are last year's results posted anywhere?  I've checked Trackwrestling, ISWA and the results page here and can't find anything about last year's tournament.  I have never been there and would like to know if kids can go without their school team going?  (our school is not taking the team)  Also, is it like ISWA Folk and Freestyle State, where anybody with a coaches card can coach a kid?  How many kids typically to a weight class?  I may take a 220 pounder and a 100 pounder.  Is it single or double elimination and is it seeded by the kids' school record?  Thank you!

Here is the link to last year's results

http://www.trackwrestling.com/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=429076

would like to know if kids can go without their school team going?

Yes

Also, is it like ISWA Folk and Freestyle State, where anybody with a coaches card can coach a kid?

Don't know, I'll let someone else answer,

How many kids typically to a weight class?

See the past results

Is it single or double elimination and is it seeded by the kids' school record?

Double elimination and I believe they use some type of separation..aka seeding

Here is information

https://sites.google.com/site/inwrestlingcoaches/msstate

Y2 and Coach Peck,

Thank you for the replies!  When kids' tournaments are seeded, what criteria is used?  Our school team just wrestles a school schedule and doesn't go to weekend tournaments.  Some of their matches are exhibition matches against kids in different weight classes.  Since this is a Middle School tournament, should our school send in the records of the kids for seeding?  That's my last question.   

Y2 and Coach Peck,

Thank you for the replies!  When kids' tournaments are seeded, what criteria is used?  Our school team just wrestles a school schedule and doesn't go to weekend tournaments.  Some of their matches are exhibition matches against kids in different weight classes.  Since this is a Middle School tournament, should our school send in the records of the kids for seeding?  That's my last question. 

Seeding is palced in past performance in ISWA/USA Tournaments. 

Seeding is palced in past performance in ISWA/USA Tournaments.

They should use last years MS placers first. People can delete or hide their Trackwrestling profiles. And their seeded will be not be right. For example Alex Mosconi and Trey Lane were both indeeded last year cause of no trackwrestling profiles both ended 1st and 2nd at 75lbs. And my son Trey still has no trackwresrling profile and is running runner-up could end up unseeded again.

What school does Brayton Lee go to? Is he still in middle school? I see where he won at a tough 110# and Iwas just wondering where he is?

Brayton Lee - Brownsburg (WILL BE FRESHMAN NEXT YEAR)

Took 3rd at Tulsa nationals and won USAW Preseason nationals. Also already a two time middle school state champ

Brayton Lee - Brownsburg (WILL BE FRESHMAN NEXT YEAR)

Took 3rd at Tulsa nationals and won USAW Preseason nationals. Also already a two time middle school state champ

i guess it doesn't matter what part of the state you're from, if your last name is Lee you're probably pretty darn good. Lol.  Brownsburg has defiantly got a blue chipper.

i guess it doesn't matter what part of the state you're from, if your last name is Lee you're probably pretty darn good. Lol.  Brownsburg has defiantly got a blue chipper.

I doubt we are going to see Lee at Brownsburg High School.  I am pretty sure he is at a private school right now.  If he doesnt go the private route, there is always the possibiilty he will follow CRed to the land of the Dragons.  Just all speculation though.

I doubt we are going to see Lee at Brownsburg High School.  I am pretty sure he is at a private school right now.  If he doesnt go the private route, there is always the possibiilty he will follow CRed to the land of the Dragons.  Just all speculation though.

Lee was at the Brownsburg vs Avon Dual this year. He was seating with the Brownsburg team and coaches on the bench with his BBurg wrestling shirt. Only he and parents know where he will be at next year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.