SIAC Talk/Predictions

I'll throw out my pre predictions before the seeds come out next week, but not knowing where everyone will end up makes it tough so some kids may not be at the weight I have them at, I'm going off most recent results I've seen....

106: Egli MD, Schaefer M, Oakley C, Hall R

113: Ferguson R, Luigs MD, Horty M, Matherly N

120: Johnson MD, Brown C, Arney M, Willis C, Craig R

126: Lee MD, Wargel M, Clopton C, Elpers N

132: Jourdan MD, Davis R, Ramsey C, Brown M, McCormick C

138: Schnell C, Seng MD, Petrig M, Dixon C

145: Pierre MD, Williams M, Smith C, Matherly N, Farmer C

152: Kelley C, Riegal R, Weinzapfel MD, Abshier M

160: Kemper C, Forzley MD, Stotlar M, Jeffress C, VanHook R

170: Lockyear C, Kempf MD, Huesling M, Shaw R

182: Bassemier MD, Dowell C, Jones R

195: Brown M, Orth MD, Libby C, Clark R

220: Barnes M, Butler MD, Helfert C, Moon H

285: Kyles H, Cox MD, Powell N, Page M

Like I said some of these guys may not even be wrestling anymore or in the right weight class. We'll know more after this weekend and the seed meeting. Should be a great day of wrestling at the SIAC.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw out my pre predictions before the seeds come out next week, but not knowing where everyone will end up makes it tough so some kids may not be at the weight I have them at, I'm going off most recent results I've seen....

106: Egli MD, Schaefer M, Oakley C, Hall R

113: Ferguson R, Luigs MD, Horty M, Matherly N

120: Johnson MD, Brown C, Arney M, Willis C, Craig R

126: Lee MD, Wargel M, Clopton C, Elpers N

132: Jourdan MD, Davis R, Ramsey C, Brown M, McCormick C

138: Schnell C, Seng MD, Petrig M, Dixon C

145: Pierre MD, Williams M, Smith C, Matherly N, Farmer C

152: Kelley C, Riegal R, Weinzapfel MD, Abshier M

160: Kemper C, Forzley MD, Stotlar M, Jeffress C, VanHook R

170: Lockyear C, Kempf MD, Huesling M, Shaw R

182: Bassemier MD, Dowell C, Jones R

195: Brown M, Orth MD, Libby C, Clark R

220: Barnes M, Butler MD, Helfert C, Moon H

285: Kyles H, Cox MD, Powell N, Page M

Like I said some of these guys may not even be wrestling anymore or in the right weight class. We'll know more after this weekend and the seed meeting. Should be a great day of wrestling at the SIAC.

Looks pretty good to me.  I see a couple of places where I will disagree with you though.  At 138 Seng beat Schnell earlier this year in a tight one.  Seng has wrestled a brutal schedule and he has improved every week.  I'm not saying Schnell hasn't also, but I will take Seng in another close one.  I think you have the champ right at 152, but I think Weinzapfel beats Riegel in the semis to make the final.  I know Riegel won last night but I'm going to assume Weinzapfel picks it up a notch and wins the rematch.  I think Kyles from Harrision has dropped to 220.  If he has dropped he has to be the favorite there.

Other notable weights/matches/wrestlers to watch

120 Behind Johnson and Brown it will be a three horse race for third.  Arney, Willis and Craig will battle it out

132 After watching Jourdan beat Davis last night he is the clear cut favorite.  Davis and Ramsey will be a battle to make the final

138 Maybe the deepest weight class of them all.  Seng and Schnell are favorites to make the final, but Petrig and Dixon are both tough kids and will compete hard

145 Williams and Smith should be a good one in the semis.  Who won the earlier match up?  Farmer and Matherly will look for an upset.  Another deep weight class

160 Looking forward to Kemper and Forzley.  Stotlar might have a thing or two to say about that though

170 Kempf has won a couple of close ones over Huesling.  Can he make it three in the semis to make the final?

285 If Kyles has dropped to 220 then MD (Cox or Massey) should be the favorite

Can't wait to see the seeding for this one.  There will be some interesting matches in the semis, especially at 132, 138, 145 and 152.  Always a good day of wrestling. 

Who has an upset pick of the day? 

North has some kids with good records that are not on the list.  Nick Burke, 120, 20-2 and Ryan Francis, 195, 13-6 .

I haven't seen these kids?  Where do they fall in the mix?

I know Reitz's Tanner Bruce is solid and has had a good year at 126.  He was not listed as wrestling against MD.  What's his story?

Wrestleman-  Ramsey and Davis hook up tomorrow in Mt. Vernon.  It will be interesting to see how far Ramsey has come and if he has anything for Davis.  I expect that Davis will be highly motivated.

I'll bite......again (picked Reitz to score 7 last night agains MD before anyone else!)

No championship upsets in this tourney.  It is just not very deep this year

Weight class winners are set from 106-132 per SouthernIndianaWrestler's predictions (nice btw).

138 - Schnell lost to Seng once this year, so the rematch will be close, but I think those two will be in the final and Schnell will win the rematch.  Then we will see what happens at Regionals.

145-285 - Once again agree with SouthernIndianaWrestler's predictions of the winners.

So, again, my prediction is no upset winners!

North has some kids with good records that are not on the list.  Nick Burke, 120, 20-2 and Ryan Francis, 195, 13-6 .

I haven't seen these kids?  Where do they fall in the mix?

I know Reitz's Tanner Bruce is solid and has had a good year at 126.  He was not listed as wrestling against MD.  What's his story?

Wrestleman-  Ramsey and Davis hook up tomorrow in Mt. Vernon.  It will be interesting to see how far Ramsey has come and if he has anything for Davis.  I expect that Davis will be highly motivated.

Tanner left school throwing up yesterday. He is Davis' wrestling partner and Josh left the Columbus meet Saturday throwing up. Guess their passing it around the room.

For the most part, I agree with the predictions.  Except for the few that are saying Weinzapfel MD over Reigel R.  If you saw that match between the 2 of them at the Reitz and Mater Dei dual, it didn't matter what Weinzapfel did or tried, Riegel completely dominated him.  Weinzapfel may step it up, but I am almost going to bet that Riegel will be ready for his game.  Kelly is just awesome and I see Riegel and Kelly both in the championship match for the next 3 rounds.  I do see a mistake at the 195, Clark from Reitz sustained an injury at the Harrison 10 way with an intentional head butt from Trinity that ended his season.

I'm guessing Memorial vs. Castle is cancelled for this evening?  Does anybody know if it will be rescheduled?  Would have been a good meet leading up to SIAC.

rescheduled for Thursday night - location changed to Castle

For the most part, I agree with the predictions.  Except for the few that are saying Weinzapfel MD over Reigel R.  If you saw that match between the 2 of them at the Reitz and Mater Dei dual, it didn't matter what Weinzapfel did or tried, Riegel completely dominated him.  Weinzapfel may step it up, but I am almost going to bet that Riegel will be ready for his game.  Kelly is just awesome and I see Riegel and Kelly both in the championship match for the next 3 rounds.  I do see a mistake at the 195, Clark from Reitz sustained an injury at the Harrison 10 way with an intentional head butt from Trinity that ended his season.

Intentional?  Did the kid get dq'd?  That is terrible. I hope Clark is okay, as I remember from last year, he showed considerable promise.

How is Dylan Powell HWT from North looking this year? I know he beat Cox from MD who was filling in during SIAC last year.  What's his record this year? I also saw that Cox was back in the lineup against Reitz. Did he beat Massey in a wrestle off?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.