IHSWCA TEAM STATE

tangarrray

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't attend to voice your opinion and to hear others opinion and come to a unified decision how can you have a impact???

Easy....Step 1.  I make a suggestion in this post....explore getting a Paypal account so coaches can easily join the association.  Step 2 - Place paypal on agenda.  Step 3 - leadership discuss  Step 4 - if you decide to do it, put icon link on this site or IHSWCA site and watch more coaches join.

I have just had an impact with out attending a meeting.

I know Danny has mailed out some media guide info as has Sam and his wife as they have worked on the Unite magazine, as well as a  few other coaches that were trying to get as much info out as they could.

Well whoever got the info to Tim, I appreciate seeing it in the South Bend Tribune

You can absolutely do a public hangout where anyone can join and express opinions. But for what its worth I am not as involved as I could be so i may be missing some key issues with this. For what its worth, since I wont be able to make it to the meeting on Sunday (Coaching an elementary dual tournament) I would like to voice my opinion on this whole thing.

Personally I don' see why Joe cant be given the reigns here. Who is going to turn down the advertising? It isn't like Flo Wrestling is knocking on the door to cover the event. There is a number positives that could come from this but what are the negatives? I cannot think of any. At this moment one tweet and he can reach nearly 3000 wrestling fans. The community that has been built here is a great foundation to start from and branch out. You make a cool webcast that gets shared around people start talking. You release videos about each team people can start to see who they like and want to root for.

I'm just spit balling ideas here but the fact remains this website gives the tournament a great platform on which to promote itself. And to throw that opportunity away because there wasn't a formal presentation at some restaurant would be one of the biggest mistakes one could make. 

I hope I'm not offending anyone with this but I truly want this tournament to succeed as I am one of the biggest supporters of the Dual Format (look back for my blog post I wrote about it)and to not have the support from IndianaMat could be a huge missed opportunity. 

I'm just spit balling ideas here but the fact remains this website gives the tournament a great platform on which to promote itself. And to throw that opportunity away because there wasn't a formal presentation at some restaurant would be one of the biggest mistakes one could make. 

I think this is perfectly said.  It's an incredibly short sighted decision to shut him out because there is no presentation, or because of his lack of attendance at a meeting when there are countless other mediums to communicate.  I hate seeing that opportunity go out the door.

Nice attitude.  That will surely help get things accomplished.  You, as the main source of information on wresting in this state, and the IHSWCA should be working hand in hand to promote the sport in whatever way possible, not having some stupid pissing contest.

I'm trying to work with them in helping to promote their event.  In translation I want them to make money with their event to show the IHSAA how great this could be.  Instead I am being told I need to attend a meeting in order to do this. I have tried numerous times to work with this organization and am routinely pushed aside for the "way we have always done it." I don't need the IHSWCA for anything and if you don't know or remember in the beginning this website was HEAVILY shunned by the IHSWCA. It seems even five years later the site and myself are being pushed aside yet again.

Joe color it how ever you want, if attending one or two meetings to get involved is to much to ask then I am sorry.  I have asked you several times in this thread to help if you want to and all I am asking is if you could attend a couple meetings so we can all get on the same page and anyone that has ideas that would want to come to a open meeting be able to bounce a few other ideas off of you to see what you thought. 

Am I really being that demanding to ask someone to do that a couple times what the rest of our organization does countless times throughout the year. 

For some reason attending a meeting is all of the sudden being treated like something no one in the world does or would do?!?!?!?!  I have coaches meetings, we have faculty staff meetings, hell we have seeding meetings.  Heck if gas money is your sticking point I would of spot yea gas money, heck if you would of said you wanted to help we could of even had the meeting at your place.

But like I said you keeping referencing the past and i have said I wanted to include you in the future???

My call is still out there to anyone who wants to help make our sport grow.  You can't keep saying the IHSWCA is "pushing you aside" when I have clearly asked you to be a part of something you seem to say you wanted to be a part of.

I would think the issues isn't that you have meetings it is the fact that it is the ONLY way to present an idea. the distance some coaches have to travel can be 2-3 hours one way that is a whole day commitment for essentially 20 minutes of discussion. I know I value my time and that is not a very efficient use of it.  Like myself and others have stated there are countless other mediums to present ideas and discuss using the internet. If one does not have access to that they have bigger issues on their hands then dealing with a Dual Tournament at a Pub on a Sunday.

This Message Board is great tool to use. Outline what needs to be done ask for opinions. The board can discuss when they meet and make a decision. There is no reason why a person has to be physically present to be involved.

In college as the Public Relations Officer for the Findlay Chapter of the  Association for Computer Machinery, my first change was to allow for members to email Ideas and Opinions if they couldn't attend meetings due to athletic or academic reasons. The email had to be sent to the president as well as CC the rest of the board (VP, Treasury, PR Officer, Faculty Adviser) At that point we would have officer meetings (any member could attend if they wanted) and we would discuss and decide how to handle it. The rest of the Chapter was kept in the loop via mailings of Agendas and Minutes of meetings and could respond if they had suggestions or opposition to an idea. Never once had an issue and had a ton of ideas get tossed around.

There are better systems which would allow coaches from ANYWHERE to get involved and that would truly be a step in the right direction not only for this tournament but for Indiana Wrestling in general.

Just my 2 Cents. Again I just want this tournament to succeed as there is nothing in the world more exciting than two top TEAMS dualing it out.

I am no psychologist or mediator, but it would seem to me this should be a 5 minute phone call between IndianaMat guy and IHSWCA guy. I appreciate the public venue bickering to demonstrate the dissent between our chief state marketing engine for the sport and our de facto governing body president to prove a point. However, if it is the IHSAA we are trying to impress, we are failing miserably by these posts. Whether you think they read this site or not, it is not very wise to express your discord here.

Guys thanks for all the ideas as our association moves forward my goal is to include everyone as I have time and time again in this thread and to people I see invited them to join and voice their opinion.

As far as your bickering comment I agree 100% I wish when I try to invite anyone and everyone to be a part of something people would not hash out the past and instead we all need to look to improve the future as that should be all of our goals.  Someone pointed out the IHSWCA should promote this event better early on in the thread so I simply invited anyone who would be willing to do that to come be a part of the IHSWCA and help us improve our product and some how that began to spiral out of control.

I am not President I am the Vice President IndianaWrestlingGuy but I, like our President Danny Struck want to make the IHSWCA and any event we run the best it can be.

I posted on this forum in hopes to find a coach in our ranks that would be willing to help us out.  I have openly invited Joe to be a part of this as I agree this message board has become agreat venue to for wrestling fans.  I have talked to Joe several times at meets and have nothing against him and if you read my posts in this thread have time and time again said he would be a great addition but I am also not going to sit here and beg someone to help time and time again if they keep coming up with reasons they won't help instead of the reasons they will help.  I hope someone will email me and we can solve problems and want I hope doesn't happen is yet another person posts on ths thread saying how backward thinking the IHSWCA is and naming things from the past for their deep rooted hatred for the IHSWCA as I think I have or will already have answered in this post.

My email is tysongskinner@gmail.com if anyone ever needs to contact me. 

I have purely defended my position once people began to throw blame at the IHSWCA for past issues as I am looking to improve the future.

I tried to keep this "display" down by asking Joe for a simple Yes or No answer as if he would be willing to help out as I said I didn't care about any issues he had in the past as I was looking to the future.  Nothing underhanded there just a straight forward answer.

So yes interweb friends if you know me you know I am not out to get anyone and mean what I say. 

I have looked into different online tools we could use for our meetings and what we would need is something that would allow anyone in the state that would want to be able to join the meeting.

So far all I have come across have a limit to the number of users you can have in a meeting at a time.

for us to replace our public meetings we would need something that could do this.  If anyone might have a solution feel free to email me and give me some ideas.

And yes emails work great but even with all my coaches and co workers we still have face to face meetings as sometimes things can be lost in translation. 

So once again, with a sincere heart, I ask for anyone who wants to help improve this sport and event in our State let me know or someone can post a reply to this message complaining about how horrible the IHSWCA is again and how the IHSWCA never wants to include anyone and keep that broken record spinning......I am not sure how much clearer I can be about wanting to find solutions not to keep beating our head against that same spot in the same wall.

Joe color it how ever you want, if attending one or two meetings to get involved is to much to ask then I am sorry.  I have asked you several times in this thread to help if you want to and all I am asking is if you could attend a couple meetings so we can all get on the same page and anyone that has ideas that would want to come to a open meeting be able to bounce a few other ideas off of you to see what you thought. 

Am I really being that demanding to ask someone to do that a couple times what the rest of our organization does countless times throughout the year. 

For some reason attending a meeting is all of the sudden being treated like something no one in the world does or would do?!?!?!?!  I have coaches meetings, we have faculty staff meetings, hell we have seeding meetings.  Heck if gas money is your sticking point I would of spot yea gas money, heck if you would of said you wanted to help we could of even had the meeting at your place.

But like I said you keeping referencing the past and i have said I wanted to include you in the future???

My call is still out there to anyone who wants to help make our sport grow.  You can't keep saying the IHSWCA is "pushing you aside" when I have clearly asked you to be a part of something you seem to say you wanted to be a part of.

Tyson,

I do not need to attend a meeting to promote YOUR event. I even listed some suggestion in my article last year....I am not shocked that none of these suggestions were implemented, but all are VERY simple and would go a long way to promoting the event.

http://www.indianamat.com/ihswca-team-state-duals-the-good-and-bad/2012/12/

The question remains, why do fans not know the teams involved? Why do fans have no clue what time this starts? Why do fans even not know where this is taking place? Why do fans not know what time the finals start?

I can sum that up in three words...lack of promotion.

Have you not seen how I promote the IHPO? How in the world do I get 600+ kids from 8 states to wrestle in September,  yet the IHSWCA gets 120 in October?

I have the platform to make your event the marquee event of the regular season and yet I have to go to a meeting to help you out. That doesn't make sense to me and many others.

We had a nice article in our Unite magazine about the upcoming Team State Duals.  Its on page 8 i think

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1mUPY_mQKX5ZjNPS2VhdURxM2M/edit?usp=sharing

IndianaWrestlingGuy here is the link I provided near the begining of this post with details on event. 

Joe I will say please read my latest post.

You list the teams and location. What are the times, the schedule, etc?

This is the tenitive schedule as the final timeline will be determined this Sunday at our IHSWCA meeting in Greenwood

TIMELINE

W.I. 8 am until completion - by team

RD 1 10:00 am til completion of all matches

RD 2 15 min from last compelted match

RD 3 15 min from last compelted match

Awards for

Places -- 3-8 15 min from last compelted match

RD 4 25 min from last compelted match

Championships & Awards

Thanks, guys!

Our sport is under too much of an attack from other sports to not streamline this energy. Everyone on this site loves the sport, so let's use that energy to our advantage. IndianaMat.com is an awesome improvement on the old website. And, the IHSWCA seems to be as organized as I can ever remember. Let's build this sport back together.

Thanks, guys!

Our sport is under too much of an attack from other sports to not streamline this energy. Everyone on this site loves the sport, so let's use that energy to our advantage. IndianaMat.com is an awesome improvement on the old website. And, the IHSWCA seems to be as organized as I can ever remember. Let's build this sport back together.

I completly agree, thanks for your kind words.

I think you should give y2 the okay, let him do it his way for this year. If there's a issue with how he promotes it, or ideas to improve it, then you have a year for people from the board and him to discuss those issues in a more convenient way.  The problem with forcing him to be at the meeting is if it's a 3 hour drive, that's a total of 6 hrs for a discussion that won't take more then 30 minutes at most. That seems a little ridiculous.

I think you should give y2 the okay, let him do it his way for this year. If there's a issue with how he promotes it, or ideas to improve it, then you have a year for people from the board and him to discuss those issues in a more convenient way.  The problem with forcing him to be at the meeting is if it's a 3 hour drive, that's a total of 6 hrs for a discussion that won't take more then 30 minutes at most. That seems a little ridiculous.

I am hoping Joe and I can talk and as I put in a previous post I have offered to go to Ft Wayne if he is not willing to do any traveling, yes it doesn't make much sense for me to travel from the Ohio River up there but someone has to compromise to get this ball rolling.  Just waiting on email to see if he wants to help out or not.

Look, Tyson, Y2 is socially awkward.  He really doesn't like to communicate face to face, you can forget about any meetings.  He would much rather communicate via electronic means... Nothing wrong with that, just the way he is.  Via his website/twitter/Facebook he can promote his event much better than anyone else.  All the mythical IHSWCA corporation (actually just 4-5 dudes who volunteer tons and tons of their own family time to help wrestling, with no monetary gain for themselves) has to do is let him do it, and pay him a reasonable sum.  He will do a good job.  He took a startup preseason meet and turned it into a premium, nearly national event, in a few short years.  I'm confident he will get it done.  He obviously wants to do it, or he wouldn't bring it up, it's what he does and he is good at it.  No reason to be d-bags to one another through semi-ambiguous messages.  Send each other a pm and be done with it.

Just putting this on this thread since 5, 200+ have read it so far:

TOMORROW'S MEETING IS OFF DUE TO WEATHER -

HOWEVER..........

a conference call will be in effect!!!

all committee heads and regional reps should have recieved an email today for the number and access code.

if you would like to be a part - email - dstruck@gcs.k12.in.us  and I can let you in.  IHSWCA members please - just like a meeting would be.

2 monumental things here:

Thanks for the push for me to get with it and try and conference call

thanks for the 5200 view on this tread - I call that good advertising for a tourney!

we will go in order with the below items:

IHSWCA Agenda

Financials:

• Current account

• other

old Business

• fall clinic report

• other

Hall of Fame

Spring Clinic

Unite Magazine

website Update

Team State Duals

State finals table

committee Reports

Tentative - Next Meeting will be Jan 12th at 3:00pm

IHSWCA Meeting Minutes – 12/8/13 – Conference Call

In attendance: Danny Struck, Sam Reisen, JD Minch, Zach Harper, Matt Beling, Tyson Skinner, Scott Schwarts

Sam Reissen will serve as interim secretary – vote will be held at spring clinic

FINANCIALS:

All bills are paid up to this date

5-6 coaches have still not joined the association that are in the duals

Jr. Academic all state – Nate Andrews is now at north wood

Danny is contacting Center Grove AD to check for comprehensive AD list

OLD BUSINESS

Fall Clinic: spent 6,321, brought in 14.925 – profit of 8,604

Matt Behling will help on the IHSWCA Senior Duals with Illinois

HALL OF FAME

All inducties have been contacted and responded

Scott will inquire about a projector at Jonathon Byrds

JD –

$96.84 to set up fall tournament at Brownsburg

$3206.24 – still have to pay for facilities and custodial

Sent notices to team state teams

SPRING CLINIC

Working with Dave Herman or Joe Russell

Date might move – Danny will let everyone know

WEBSITE

Jake herald has created a new site

Working on Hall of Fame info

Nick Strub is creating a ranking site for it

Jake herald is the website committee head

UNITE

Team state issue will be the December focus

IHSAA STATE FINALS

Need person to man table with Scott Schwartz

We will pick up on this in January meeting

STATE DUALS SEEDING

Time schedule needs to be published

Harper replaces Livingston on seeding committee

Committee will do a conference call to discuss seeding 4 vs. 8

Final draw will be December 21

Next meeting January 12

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.