Wade McClurg

Riley McClurg

I want to personally congratulate my hero, my best friend, and most of all my brother, Wade McClurg, on becoming the assistant high school wrestling coach at Carmel High School.  Words cannot begin to explain how proud and excited I am for you as you start another chapter in your life.  You molded me into the wrestler and man I am today, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  You believed in me when not a single soul around did, and you saw the true potential inside of me.  Not only did you see the true potential inside of me but you brought it out of me.  You taught me many important life lessons, and I cannot wait for you to pass those lessons on to your Greyhound wrestlers.  Most importantly, you beat it into my head that the only thing you deserve in life is what you earn, and that is how I live day-to-day.  All of my accomplishments would have never occurred if it hadn't been for you, and I am beyond grateful for all you have done for me.  There is nothing I can do to repay you.  I want to thank you for everything, and most of all preparing me for the next step in my life as I begin my wrestling career for the Boilermakers of Purdue University.  I cannot wait to be sitting in the corner coaching by your side.  Thank you for all you have done, Wade.

Love,

Your Baby Brother

I would just like to second Riley and say congrats to Coach McClurg; he is a great coach and I consider myself fortunate to have had him as a coach.  As an alumnus I could not be more fired up about the direction that the Carmel Wrestling Program is going and Wade is certainly going to only further the growth of our program.

Carmel is compiling quite the coaching between Pendoski and McClurg.  There is also Coach Simon, Tom Griffin (Mount St. Joe), Donofrio (Eastern Michigan), Selvio (Wabash), and Scott Kelly (IU, and former IHSAA state champ).  Thanks coaches for all that you do!

GO HOUND WRESTLING!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.