Whitford vs. Tsirtsis

fay

Been looking forward to this match for a long time.  They could meet tomorrow if Whitford wins the challenge tournament.  Whitford won 60Kg but is going 66kG tomorrow.  Hope it happens.

Very surprised to see Whitford lose to Rutherford. I know Rutherford is a world champ and extremely tough, but I thought Ben would be a little too much for him. This is why we wrestle the macth one never knows.

was really hoping Whitford would have won.  Zain Rutherford is so tough and has great D, I think Tsirtsis and Rurhterod will be low scoring match.  Whitford and Tsirtsis would have been have been fun to watch.  Looked like Whitford was tired at the end.

Tsirtsis looked a little tired at the end there.  Good match. Tsirtsis with a takedown and a turn at the beginning of the first and another takedown at end of the first.  Second period was close.  Rutherford with a takedown and pushout then Tsirtsis with a spin behind to win 8-3.  I think the next match will be closer, but hope to see Tsirtsis pull it out and win that world team spot. 

Post Match Interview

Also worth noting that Luke Sheridan of IU is also a FILA Junior World Team member in Greco (to go with this University World Team Member accomplishment).

Is there anywhere we can watch these replays?

They are starting to upload the video's onto FloWrestling regular video section now.  I'd say a good portion of the matches may be up sometimes tomorrow.  A mini tournament match of Escobedo and one of Hildebrandt are up now.

I'm incredibly excited to watch Tsirtsis wrestle next year.  I think he easily makes the podium at NCAA's and might even challenge for the title if Stieber doesn't bump up to 141.

I'll be surprised to see JT at 41. I think he'll be 49.

I just figured he could make 141 because he's wrestling at 66 kg, which is only a 4 lb jump.  Has he stated that he's leaning toward wrestling 149?  If he does, it looks like his biggest obstacle would be Kendric Maple, and they had a close match at the Midlands this past season.

I just figured he could make 141 because he's wrestling at 66 kg, which is only a 4 lb jump.  Has he stated that he's leaning toward wrestling 149?  If he does, it looks like his biggest obstacle would be Kendric Maple, and they had a close match at the Midlands this past season.

Not sure where he's leaning weight-wise for college--but it is MUCH easier to handle a bigger weight cut for international competition because of the recovery time allowed than it is for college.  If I'm not wrong, Alex even spent some time at 60 kg (132lbs), while wrestling 141 in college, because of how international weigh-ins work.

He hasn't said for sure. But he's filled out some since making 141 for the midlands

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.