IHSWCA Team Duals...the Future

Y2CJ41

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if they are willing to rent it to the IHSWCA cheap then maybe.  Otherwise there is no way that we could afford to have the event in that arena.  Does look nice though.

That is the way to think. Just find the cheapest place possible!

Never mind that the IHSWCA made about $20K on the team duals this year just off of the gate.

Find some sponsors to help foot the bill. Of course that will require some leg work wouldn't it?

Y2,

Do you have the figures for the weekend attendance for the Team Duals?  I didn't go but was rather surprised at the dollar amount you threw out.  I'm not sure about the ticket prices, but if the weekend was $10 for an adult, you're looking at roughly 2000 people watching.  What number of people walking through the doors would make that type of event a success?  Also, how many people typically watched the team state using the old format?  I never attended that event either, but was wondering if the figures were comparable.  I have no agenda with my questions, just curious as a fan.

One of the articles stated there were over 2000 in attendance and with it being $10 a pop to get in, that makes it $20K. I would say they maybe had about $5K in expenses with refs and such(that is a generous amount).  Profit of $15K in their first year isn't too shabby.  Having it in an arena like that would boost attendance by at least 1000 if not 2000. The casual fans aren't going to go to a high school for an event, but something at a big arena like that they will be more likely to attend.

Hungus did some research and it costs $2500 a day for the Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne(where semi-state is) and that place is very comparable in size to the Pepsi Coliseum.

Being a non-profit I am sure they could get a better rate.  Finding 10 sponsors at $500 a piece would pay for quite a bit there.

Was New Castle an option for the event?  It's centrally located, Im sure that that a figure could be worked out that would be beneficial to both parties.  Clearly the place is big enough and inviting to all fans.  While the Pepsi Center you posted looks great, 7000 seats might be over kill at this point.  I think it's a great goal to work toward if the event was as much of a success as you said it was.  The timing of the event is what kept me away.  Too many family obligations, but I'm a fan of having something as opposed to nothing.

I heard from a pretty reliable source that attendance was between 1300-1500.  I also know that the expenses were more than $5k.  That being said, I'm with Y2 in saying that the IHSWCA needs to think big and try to find a place like this for the event IF its possible.  Im sure the powers that be want the event to be as nice as possible so Im sure things like that have been and will be looked into.

That place looks awsome for sure.

I know this has already be done, but talk to Mark Durham he has had some great venues for Indy Nationals( Bankers Life, Hinkle Fieldhouse

and this year the Indianapolis Convention Center). He has probably already the research on the rent of most of the facilities in or around the Central Indiana area.

Yes the goal is to make this event as successful as possible but the profits from the initial event are no where near what Y2 has stated.  I don't have figures in front of me but everything made and spent was laid out on Sunday at our IHSWCA meeting.  Remember these meetings are open to anyone and everyone.  Mark has been at a lot of our meetings and given us details on his possible mat layouts for some of these bigger venues. 

The sponsorship idea is a good one and has been discussed.  Once again I invite anyone with ideas to please attend our assotiations meetings to give input and ideas.

Yes the goal is to make this event as successful as possible but the profits from the initial event are no where near what Y2 has stated.  I don't have figures in front of me but everything made and spent was laid out on Sunday at our IHSWCA meeting.  Remember these meetings are open to anyone and everyone.  Mark has been at a lot of our meetings and given us details on his possible mat layouts for some of these bigger venues. 

The sponsorship idea is a good one and has been discussed.  Once again I invite anyone with ideas to please attend our assotiations meetings to give input and ideas.

Expenses were

Facility rental

Refs

Some awards

Hospitality room

Profits from

Gate

Team Entry

The team entry cancelled out the ref's pay and thus you have the gate $13-15K minus facility rental, awards and hospitality.  That is a pretty good pay day in the end unless you had caviar and sushi in the hospitality room.

The attendance should be close to 3000 at minimum for this event. With 24 teams they should bring 100 fans at least and then there should be at least 500 casual fans in attendance.

Yes the goal is to make this event as successful as possible but the profits from the initial event are no where near what Y2 has stated.  

Why not?

I don't have figures in front of me but everything made and spent was laid out on Sunday at our IHSWCA meeting.

I would like to see the balance sheet. I suggest they are published in the next issue of UNITE.

The sponsorship idea is a good one and has been discussed.

Were there any other sponsors besides Indiana Mat and EI sports?

Once again I invite anyone with ideas to please attend our assotiations meetings to give input and ideas.

Is this the only way input and ideas will be considered?

Why not?

I would like to see the balance sheet. I suggest they are published in the next issue of UNITE.

Were there any other sponsors besides Indiana Mat and EI sports?

Is this the only way input and ideas will be considered?

KarlHungus

1.  JD Minch had a complete breakdown of expenses and what the IHSWCA brought in.  I don't have that data in front of me to tell you exactly what you are wanting to know.

2.  Not sure on that

3.  I am not sure what sponsors where approached or contacted.

4.  That is the best way to get ideas and input considered.  That is what is great about our coaches association that are meetings are open to any member out there who has ideas on how to improve Indiana Wrestling.  I have told several people that have approached me with ideas that these are the type of things we would like to hear about in more detail at our meetings. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.