Penn vs. Mishawaka 1/3.....Any predictions?

panther83

This should prove to be a great match, with a full house at the Cave this coming Thursday.  This has become one of the premier duals in the state.

So let the predictions begin.  A very solid Penn squad that will be facing a Mishawaka team that is getting better, and better every match.

Would like to hear what the experienced wrestling minds have to say about this one??

Panther out

I have seen both teams and lineups multiple times already this season.  So without any hype or bias, I will offer my humble neutral opinion on this match.

Both teams are solid and wrestling well.  Penn with their massive depth is coming off a good run at the IHSWCA Team State, and a great showing at the Al Smith where they further demonstrated how team depth continues to propel their program.  Their quest to continue to garner the respect of the rest of the state as one of the top teams in the state can only be valid for debate provided there is victory over their cross town rivals. 

Mishawaka, on the other hand, is settling in nicely with a new coach in a transitional year for them.  He was not left with a bare cupboard as we were made aware by four Mishawaka wrestlers making the Al Smith finals, ending up with three champions.  Mishawaka also had a good team showing at the Al Smith placing 3rd, only 17 points behind 1st place Penn while wrestling without an entry at 182?

Now down to the prediction.  Again this is my best non bias, neutral, tell it like I see it, prediction.

I see a 7 match to 7 match split.  Not going to give you my match for match, because I don't think that is fair to the boys that get on this board.  But I will say the biggest determining factor will be the line up that night.  If Penn shows up with what is expected, then I expect that will put pressure on Mishawaka to chase some bonus points.  If Penn does not have their absolute best lineup, which I hear is not a sure thing, then the pressure and burden may shift.

Either way folks this one is going to come down to bonus points.  Margin of victory could be 6 or less either way.

One thing is for sure....If you are a wrestling fan.....you do not want to miss this one!!!

I haven't. heard what happened to Kade Maggert but I wish him all the best I've. known Kade and family since he was. about 6 and have nothing but respect. him and his family. Wishing you the best on a speedy healthy recovery .Go getm Kade.

You mentioned that you haven't heard what happened to Kade, but mentioned you hope he has a speedy and healthy recovery???  Did you hear he was sick or injured??

I was thinking at the beginning of the year that Penn would win by 10 with it's full lineup . I believe Maggart would get 6 if he wrestles . If he doens't wrestle and Mishawaka wins 285 , that is a 9 point swing in favor of Mishawaka . The plot thickens .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.