Reece Hump vs Coleman, winner gets Bunch

So it comes down to Hump vs Coleman and the winner gets Bunch in a best of 2 series.  Bunch recently qualified the US at 60kg so he gets the bye.  My question is, when does this take place.  He is our last hope of having an olympic qualifier outside of Dolly. 

Traditionally they have have the additional wrestle offs at the OTC, but I don't think it written that it has to occur there.  I'm sure it somewhat depend on what time and location is most convinient for all involved in the process.

I talked to Angel this past weekend and that is what he said.  Scott and Angel are going  to the World Cup at 60kgs, since Reece and Bunch are not going.  Not sure where the wrestle offs will be, but it might be in Ohio since 2 of the 3 are resident trainees there.

I don't think they are going to have the Olympic Team wrestle offs at the Beat the Streets in NYC on June 7th, if this is what IMAWRESTLER is talking about.

I don't think they are going to have the Olympic Team wrestle offs at the Beat the Streets in NYC on June 7th, if this is what IMAWRESTLER is talking about.

It wasn't mentioned in themat.com report on the Beat the Streets Event, at least.

The proposal is to have it in NYC on June 7th.  The final decision is up to the US Olympic Committee because they govern the trials process.

One of the proposals was to have it during SB Duals. I would imagine the USOC and Coleman Scott and Shawn Bunch's people most likely frowned on having the wrestle off in Hump's hometown so, NYC is the most likely place.

The decision is not final but that is the proposal as of late last week .

SB duals sounds fine to me I was probably attending anyway.  But, a wrestle off in Time Square is probably better for both neutrality and Olympic publicity purposes.

The proposal is to have it in NYC on June 7th.  The final decision is up to the US Olympic Committee because they govern the trials process.

One of the proposals was to have it during SB Duals. I would imagine the USOC and Coleman Scott and Shawn Bunch's people most likely frowned on having the wrestle off in Hump's hometown so, NYC is the most likely place.

The decision is not final but that is the proposal as of late last week .

Thanks for the info.  I'm just glad they're not pushing it back any further.  Whether it's Hump or whoever, they need a full, normal cycle of training and weight management for the Olympics.

I believe they have had two wrestle-offs of this nature at Fargo during the JR/Cadet Nationals.  They wrestled on the stage between rounds.  I remember when Cormier had to wrestle off there in..... 2003???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.