tsirtsis brothers

fay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody see why Jake Herbet FF to Tyrel Todd in his match after Herbert TF his previous opponent and is not inured?

Only reason I cant think of is that Herbert has already qualified for the OTT, and so maybe he FF to give his friend and fellow NYAC team member a better shot at making the OTT

Jason drops a Meat Grinder

1-3, 4-1, 3-4

takedown and ankle lace in last 15 seconds of third period....

any reason why jason was not awarded two points earlier in the period when he put his opponent on his back? was it because they went out of bounds?

takedown and ankle lace in last 15 seconds of third period....

any reason why jason was not awarded two points earlier in the period when he put his opponent on his back? was it because they went out of bounds?

This totally sucks not watching the matches!! just play by play, caught myself screaming at the computer ha blinddddd

Jason is still in great position 1 win away from 3rd place match 2 wins away from guarantee 3rd and shot at 2nd place could be a rematch with Johnston

This totally sucks not watching the matches!! just play by play, caught myself screaming at the computer ha blinddddd

Jason is still in great position 1 win away from 3rd place match 2 wins away from guarantee 3rd and shot at 2nd place could be a rematch with Johnston

I am pretty sure if Johnston losses to Kolat and Jason wins out he would not wrestle Johnston for true second since Johnston already beat him.  Jason was up 3-1 and could have probably used more of the mat if you know what I mean, but he was tough.  A couple of really nice duck under against a really good wrestler.

Can anybody confirm that if Kolat wins then 2nd & 3rd place noth qualify since Kolat has already qualified?

yes.. the 2 highest nonqualified placers will qualify for the trials...  since Kolat is already qualified then the third place finisher will qualify

They definitely wrestle for true second AND Kolat has already qualified, so it will be the top 2 outside of Kolat that receive the spots in the OTT.

Also, Herbert has of course already qualified for the OTT.  There are a number of previously qualified guys getting some mat time apparently.  But the regulations clearly say that it will be the top 2 spots not already qualified that will get the invites to the OTT.

Alex will now face Andrew Alton

Alton was a 4X HS State placer in PA, 3,3,1,1

Alton attends PSU, he went 30-10 in 2010-2011 He was 5th in the Big-10 and went 2-2 at the NCAA's

Alex wins in 3 periods he's still alive

He will now face Nick Dardanes Minnesota, Dardanes finished 4th this yr

Alex wins in 3 periods he's still alive

He will now face Nick Dardanes Minnesota, Dardanes finished 4th this yr

On a side note, if I recall correctly Jason lost to both Dardanes brothers in close matches last year at the Junior FILA World Team Trials.

Alex lost to Dardanes in 3 periods and is out.  I'm not sure where/how Dardanes scored his point in the 3rd (maybe someone saw it better than me)  but it clearly changed the match mentally for Alex.

Alex lost to Dardanes in 3 periods and is out.  I'm not sure where/how Dardanes scored his point in the 3rd (maybe someone saw it better than me)  but it clearly changed the match mentally for Alex.

I think they called a penalty point.  It was the difference and the clinch in the first. 

I think they called a penalty point.  It was the difference and the clinch in the first. 

Yes it was a caution Blue (Alex) and a point for Red, but it's not really clear why.  He didn't seem to be doing anything illegal and was not close to the out of bounds.  So, I couldn't really tell what the point was a results of.

Jason beats Rowe in 2 periods to advanced to the 3rd place match.  Since Kolat has already qualified the 3rd place wrestler at this weight qualifies for the Olympic Team Trials.  He will take on Zack Bailey who had a close low scoring 3 period win over Dardanes.  (FYI trackwrestling dashboard results are lagging behind the video feed for some reason).

Did Alex seem to have a little tougher draw?  I understand everyone is good that is there, but the names seem more familiar.

I believe it was a random draw so you needed a little luck and a solid day of wrestling to make it through. Some of the traditional NCAA powerhouse names don't always match up with some of the top freestyle guys some of which are lower division NCAA wrestlers or go the OTC route.   I'd say after the two rounds not to many easy wrestlers are left reguardless of weight class.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.