Editorial on Brenden Campbell

grappleapple

INDIANAPOLIS - New Castle's Brenden Campbell was a broken man Saturday night. His dream of one day winning a wrestling state championship had just been torn apart in a grueling, yet thrilling showdown under a lone spotlight at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

After the match Campbell couldn't eat. He couldn't take a drink. He could barely talk.

His body was aching, but his heart was where the true pain lied.

Winning a state championship wasn't just a whimsical goal for Campbell. It was his mission. It was the reason he got up before school to run, and then stayed in the gym long hours after wrestling practice was over, still conditioning his body.

The rest of the article can be found on the New Castle Courier-Times' website. Below is the link.

http://www.thecouriertimes.com/main.asp?SectionID=4&SubSectionID=51&ArticleID=270682

I got a chance to be on team indiana with Brenden my freshman year and he is an outstanding wrestler and person. I wish him the best of luck and I know he will be successful in his future plans. He truly personifies the warrior a true wrestler is by never giving up and always fighting till the end.

Abraham Hall

wow  great article,,,!!  he will dif come back better, well more determined anyway.  that was an epic match, to bad someone has to get second.  And dang,  that 103 in 09 was loaded!!!!  Good Luck to him at Navy,, and Thank you for some years of watching some great wraasslin!!

Agreed, best to never win a state title. A great article and a great wrestler. He has great work ethic and never gives up. i have been in a practice room with him and seen it first hand. i will always remember that match and i respect campbell for it. I was cheering campbell on that night but as he said that it "wasn't in gods plans". congrats on senior year campbell and good luck at navy and i hope you reach both of your post high school season goals

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.