Phillips out Campbell in!

kjiufan

If true seems like the subject line of this thread seems a little crass, considering it is announcing the unceremonious end to a great high school career.

I hope he is OK, I can't imagine anything but a pretty serious injury could keep him out.

I hope he is OK, I can't imagine anything but a pretty serious injury could keep him out.

I would agree with this. He has to think of the next level now. If he would wrestle with the injury it could be that it would do major harm. His H.S. career might be over but he is moving on and up. Best of luck.

Apologies to anyone that thought I was being mean to Cody. Not my intentions at all. I am however excited for the other senior who has worked very hard for 4+ years and has an opportunity to wrestle in Indy. Cody has had a great HS career and will have one in college to, IMO, he is to good not to.

Upset we don't get to see Crume and Phillips tomorrow night, I was looking forward to that one more than any other match of possibly the whole tournament.

But I'm happy for Clayton Campbell, must have made his day when he heard he'd be wrestling at state!

Good luck to Phillips in college.

I dont know the extent of his injury or the validity of him being out tomorrow, what I do know though is that he looked in pain at Semi-State.  After watching him before and seeing him in his 3 matches at New Castle, it appeared to be his back.  I noticed it within the first minute of his first round matchup. 

If he is indeed not able to compete it is a true shame for wrestling fans.  He is not only a great wrestler but by all accounts an outstanding young man. 

I hate to hear of season ending injuries( we know all about injuries after this season) but am happy that Clayton gets to wrestle at state! I know the OP meant no ill will towards Phillips! We have all watched so many of our local boys wrestle since they were little bitty boys, Clayton is one of them! I truly hope Cody is ok, I know he has a huge fan base that was ready to watch him wrestle this weekend. Best of luck to him at the next level, Im sure he will make some noise there as well!

to all those that spoke bad of Cody, you should all be ashamed!  You don't know the young man at all he's one of the best young men this state has ever seen.  You get on here and talk trash about a young man without knowing facts!  Get well young man and go show the country what Indiana represents on the college level in Minnesota.  Its been a joy knowing you and having you at our house you and your family are to notch individuals don't listen to the small people who don't have anything else to do life except talk bad about great people.  Good luck in your future I truely know you are going to do great things!

Cody could still wrestle but Minnesota gave the thumbs down he has a tear in one of his muscles in his shoulder if he wrestled and tears it the rest if the way its a differents between 6 weeks recovery and 10th months recovery I've got to see cody win two state titles rather see him win a national title then risk hurting himself for a 3rd state title

WOW everyone is entitled to their opinion and I just don't think he is mentally tough enough to compete anymore. Seems to me he never recovered from Mason Todd beating him. I'm not impressed with him and I think he just gave up.  He will never make it in the Big 10. I mean it's not like he's got a snapped femur, it's a muscle tear in a shoulder. It's his excuse to use so he doesn't take the chance in getting beat again.

I suspect that deep down, Homesweethome is like the rest of us and is simply disappointed that this young man won't be able to show us the great wrestling that his has given us over the past three years.  I feel that this poster can't be serious.  This has to be a bad attempt to get a rise out of everyone.  Because if he is seriously ripping on this great wrestler and fine, courageous young man, then the wrestling community doesn't need a fan like this.  My advice to this poster is to please stay home.  I for one don't want you there.  By the way, you are entitled to your opinion, but please when your message is this negative you are missing the true intent of our great sport.  Please keep your opinions to yourself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.