Jarred Brooks Nothing Short of Amazing

headlock83

OMG I have never seen such a display of destroying the competition with flare.  This kid is so much better than the competition he faced at Merrillville.  If the other semi states don't bring more to the table at 113 than Merrillville did, then he could win a title with an arm tied behind his back.  He did some of the craziest moves I have ever seen.  His strength, speed, and creativity make him a blast to watch.  I just love watching this kid compete.  Jason Tsirtsis obviously destroyed his competition as devastatingly as Jared did.  Maybe I have come to expect that from him or maybe it is because Jason is not a flashy or cocky wrestler.  Whatever the reason, I came away from Merrillville giving the nod of most valuable wrestler to Jared.  If you weren't at Merrillville, you will see what I mean, you are in for a treat this weekend.

OMG I have never seen such a display of destroying the competition with flare.  This kid is so much better than the competition he faced at Merrillville.  If the other semi states don't bring more to the table at 113 than Merrillville did, then he could win a title with an arm tied behind his back.  He did some of the craziest moves I have ever seen.  His strength, speed, and creativity make him a blast to watch.  I just love watching this kid compete.  Jason Tsirtsis obviously destroyed his competition as devastatingly as Jared did.  Maybe I have come to expect that from him or maybe it is because Jason is not a flashy or cocky wrestler.  Whatever the reason, I came away from Merrillville giving the nod of most valuable wrestler to Jared.  If you weren't at Merrillville, you will see what I mean, you are in for a treat this weekend.

BJames is the real deal could be a great finals match

BJames is the real deal could be a great finals match

I do believe that.  I have heard amazing things about this freshman and got the chance to see him wrestle at North Montgomery.  I just don't know if his lack of experience will hurt him against Brooks though.  You have to remember that he beat both Petrov and Phillips last year.  And I am telling you that he is twice as good as he was last year.  I am "all in" for a great match because I have no emotional ties to either kid, but in my opinion, Brooks will handle him easier than most people think.  That is unless there is more to the story than what I know such as they have already met in off season wrestling and the PM kid beat brooks which I highly doubt.  I guess we'll see.  Best of luck to all the young men.  Can't wait.

Jared is a slick as the come on his feet his takedowns are amazing. He can turn people at will I'm guessing that's what makes him #1 in the nation. But from what I'm hearing James hasn't been taken down this year I hope this is under the lights. It should be good. Good luck to Jared

I agree Brooks was amazing. He put on the most impressive display of moves I have seen.  Does anyone know why he wasn't more highly recruited.

Not trying to be negative or tear down a kid.  I imagine that most of us on this board only know the kid as a wrestler.  When it comes to being highly recruited there are factors such as: what kind of student is he, what kind of person is he, and does he make the kind of choices that a top program is looking for.  You kind of got to be the whole package to warrant a full ride scholarship.  I am not saying that Jarred isn't the whole package.  Maybe he is.  I know nothing about the kid other than he is fun to watch wrestle, and he seems like he would be a lot of fun to be around.  He seems to have a great sense of humor. 

I agree Brooks was amazing. He put on the most impressive display of moves I have seen.  Does anyone know why he wasn't more highly recruited.

I would guess because of his size...he's only a 113title pounder and college starts off at 125..not sure how big his parents are and how much bigger he will get..just a guess

OMG I have never seen such a display of destroying the competition with flare.  This kid is so much better than the competition he faced at Merrillville.  If the other semi states don't bring more to the table at 113 than Merrillville did, then he could win a title with an arm tied behind his back.  He did some of the craziest moves I have ever seen.  His strength, speed, and creativity make him a blast to watch.  I just love watching this kid compete.  Jason Tsirtsis obviously destroyed his competition as devastatingly as Jared did.  Maybe I have come to expect that from him or maybe it is because Jason is not a flashy or cocky wrestler.  Whatever the reason, I came away from Merrillville giving the nod of most valuable wrestler to Jared.  If you weren't at Merrillville, you will see what I mean, you are in for a treat this weekend.

I would agree. I was awestruck watching him wrestle. So were most of the fans in attendance as you could hear the ''ooo's" & "aaah's" from the crowd as he hit his moves with lightning speed and his incredible strength. I called my brother after the finals & told him how fun it was to watch Brooks wrestle & how he just dominated the mat. I don't think Brooks will be tested at state, I think he at a minimum majors the field. He is just that far advanced with his skills and raw power. I can't wait to see him put on a show for the crowd at Conseco

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.