Evansville Semi-State

BlueBolt

And how might you know I don't?   Have you seen Judy wrestle? 

The most interesting part of it all is how the fact I have stated I would love to see Hoehn win out hs been completely lost in all this. 

As for the Castle sectional's performance, it is what it is.  Bitter?  Are you serious?  These are teenage kids in a high school sport!  I am not posting flipping spreadsheets and pie charts full of stats

And what have you.   Whose taking all this far to seriously?   

Good luck to all our kids.  It is going to be a wild one that is far tighter  than it has been in recent years.  It is really fantastic to see the talent pool leveling out and some of the best representative for our semi state come from various places.   It's just better all around for the sport.   

Maybe you have  been to their practices and I haven't seen Judy wrestle. I just like to see you get all worked up over kids wrestling.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am excited to see the wrestling mats unrolled in the new Ford Center.  This facility will blow away the other semi states sites.  The atmosphere will be electric come finals time.

In no order...

106 -  Smith, Kennedy, Kuhn, Fox

113 - Davis, Stock, Schottle, Johnsonn

120 - Shepherd, Welch, Goebel, Johns

126 - Broukal, Vanhook, Pierre, Wedding

132 - Marler, Hupp, Molloy, Moody

138 - Kelley, Kelly, Lannert, Hoehn

145 - Hayhurst, Castiliio, Bassmeir, Montgomery

152 - Rueger, Krietch, Richey, Burnette

160 - Underwood, Oser,Warner, Tough

170- King, Bowman, Warren, Mappes

182 - Brandenstein, Wathen, Thaker, Kondering

195 - Halbig, Jones, Maurer, Curtley

220 - Collins, Knura, Bass, Boehm

285 - Mckee, Phillips, Suter, Wright

113 is a loaded weight class in this Sectional. Anthony Schoettle was beating Josh Davis 6-4 with 7 seconds left when Davis tried a suicide takedown to force OT and Shoettle got around for the last second 2. Whoever said Davis was taken down 4 and cut 4 is mistaken. I have seen the video. "scouting mission"  I will say that Davis is the toughest kid in our Semi-State at 113. He looked great at Regionals until he mad a mistake. To Alex Johnsons credit he capitalized on that mistake and beat Davis.  I dont see Davis getting stopped this weekend and look for him to go deep in the state tourny. I have seen several tapes of his matches this year and he is getting better with each match. Example is Johnson. First match was 1 point match Davis won. Second match was a 5 point match Davis won. Third was a 8-0 match and everyone in that gym saw Davis had the pin in the first period. Either way Johnson did pull off the upset with some luck and bad officiating.  I see 2 and possibly 3 Central Sectional 113's getting in. Mastison can pull off the upset. His style shuts down offenses.  I see Davis and Johnson getting to day 2 at state.

Sorry.  Just watched the tape.  1st period - Schoettle take down - Davis balls up - Schoettle cuts him.  Schoettle takes him down again - period over.  2nd period - Schoettle chooses nuetral - Schoettle takes him down - Davis either gets cut or gets away - period over. 3rd period Davis chooses down - Davis gets away - Schoettle takes Davis down - Davis gets away/gets cut - period over - 8-4 Schoettle wins.  No overtime - regulation time only.  Whoever gave you that video gave you a bogus tape.  I'm not taking anything away from Davis - just want to get the fact straight.  Any wrestler coming from Reitz is tough.

Sorry.  Just watched the tape.  1st period - Schoettle take down - Davis balls up - Schoettle cuts him.  Schoettle takes him down again - period over.  2nd period - Schoettle chooses nuetral - Schoettle takes him down - Davis either gets cut or gets away - period over. 3rd period Davis chooses down - Davis gets away - Schoettle takes Davis down - Davis gets away/gets cut - period over - 8-4 Schoettle wins.  No overtime - regulation time only.  Whoever gave you that video gave you a bogus tape.  I'm not taking anything away from Davis - just want to get the fact straight.  Any wrestler coming from Reitz is tough.

He didn't say it went to OT. If you follow the post I believe he is saying that Davis went for a hail marry shot at the end to try for OT and Shoettle circled behind.

I watched it three or so weeks ago. I dont have it here and have seen 100 matches since. Either way they wrestled near the start of the season so I would bet the farm both are better. I have to say I have not seen Davis taken down three times all year other than if you are correct. Shoettle must be a machine or had something he knew on Davis. I have seen Mastison live and would not be shocked if he knocks him off first round. Also, cutting and escaping are not the same. Davis either was let up or wrestled out...there is a difference.

In no order

106 Fox, Kuhn, Kennedy, Seng

113 Johnson, Schoettle (Mastison can upset here), LaHue, Davis

120 Shepard, Welch, Johns, Goebel

126 Wedding, Vanhook, Pierre, Meenach

132 Epler, Moody, Oakly, Molloy

138 Kelly, Kelly, Lannert, Judy

145 Castle Regional

152 Rueger, Dallas, Richey,Burnette

160 Underwood, Oser, no clue, no clue...flip a coin

170 Warren, King, Mappes, Cambell (used my heart for the last pick here)

182 Brandenstein, Wathen, Thacker, Konerding

195 Halbig, Maurer, Jones, Curtley

220 Collins, Knura, Bass, Boehm

Hvy Ponder, Wright, Suter, Breen

I watched it three or so weeks ago. I dont have it here and have seen 100 matches since. Either way they wrestled near the start of the season so I would bet the farm both are better. I have to say I have not seen Davis taken down three times all year other than if you are correct. Shoettle must be a machine or had something he knew on Davis. I have seen Mastison live and would not be shocked if he knocks him off first round. Also, cutting and escaping are not the same. Davis either was let up or wrestled out...there is a difference.

Let's do the Math--- Schoettle scored 8 offensive points no penalties or escapes. Did Schoettle have Davis on his back? If no, then all 8 points came from takedowns.

8/2= 4 takedowns. By your account Schoettle must be a beast or "machine" as you say. I do believe he got 4 takedowns and I have not seen the the tape. Just did the math. The rest is history and tomorrow is another day. They will wrestle again and it could go either way.

The thing I was trying to say it was not a 4 takedown and 4 cuts match. I remember the match and it was a 2 point match until the last second when Davis was doing anything to score while shoettle was good enough to score off his bad shot. I didnt say he didnt take Davis down I just remember it being a close match. There could have been a reversal for 2 but you are right. Its a new day and I think they could meet again.

I think 126 has three obvious choices in Vanhook, broukal, and wedding. The other person making it out is really a tight one. It'll start at the top with jamison, this is his third time at semistate and he is a junior. Last year he lost to Pierre in the ticket round, by a score of 5-3. I don't know anything about batts, but from predictions he must be pretty good. Pierre is solid everyone knows that. He beat hallwagger at the Jeff classic pretty handily. Holwagger is a good wrestler, with big move ability. I think this is a toss up and will be closer than most think.

Pierre beat Jamison twice last year and won Jeff Classic where Jamison placed 6th, I think.  Pierre also beat Holwager 11-4 at Jeff Classic.  Pierre has also beat Broukal this year and is coming on lately.  Only losses at 126 in Indiana are to Wedding (4x).  I know nothing about Batts other than he finished 4th at his regional.  I would say this one is Pierre's to lose. 

Didn't last time go into overtime?

Yes Sean did go into overtime with Aaron, but that was very early on in the year and i have seen Sean wrestle a lot and ever since he won the al smith and was named outstanding wrestler he has been completely different compared to the first match with King. Sean is on a mission this year and i don't see anyone getting in his way let alone get 4th or 3rd at semi-state, you can expect to see him atop of the podium at semi-state next weekend in dominant fashion 

The thing I was trying to say it was not a 4 takedown and 4 cuts match. I remember the match and it was a 2 point match until the last second when Davis was doing anything to score while shoettle was good enough to score off his bad shot. I didnt say he didnt take Davis down I just remember it being a close match. There could have been a reversal for 2 but you are right. Its a new day and I think they could meet again.

If you read Italianmom's post it appears Schoettle was never taken down and chose neutral 2nd period and Davis chose down third period so no reversal happened. Count them 1-2-3-4 takedowns. 1st period 4-1  (2 T) , 2nd period ends schoettle up 6-2(3T)  , 3rd period E-Davis(cut) 6-3 Takedown#4 Schoettle =8-3 CUT Davis Final 8-4. Like I said before I haven't seen the tape but Italianmom's account seems more plauseable given the Math.

106  Brown, Kuhn, Seng Fox

113 Schoettle,  Lahue, Oneal,Davis

120 Welch,Goebel,Shepherd, Runyon

126 Wedding, Broukal,Vanhook,Pierre

132 Moody, Marler, Molloy,Montgomery

138 Lannert,  G.Kelly,  Judy, B. Kelly

145 Hayhurst, Bassemier,Schuler Montgomry

152 Rueger, Richey, Burnette,Kriech

160 Oser Tough, Underwood,Abell/Linderschmidt

170 Mappes Marlin, Warren, Findler

182 Bradestein, Konerding,Wathen,Thacker

195 Maurer,Jones, Curtley,Habig

220 Boehm,Knura,Bass,See

285  Suter/Phillips, Wright,Mckee

All you southerners that didn't pick Mappes to win 170 are in for a schooling. 

I read every post in this thread and I can not find anyone that has picked anyone other than Mappes to win 170. Maybe you can school me on what you are talking about?

No Order

106 Smith, Kennedy, Kuhn, Fox

113 Davis, LaHue, Schoettle, Johnson

120 Shepard, Welch, Goebel, Johns

126 Broukal, VanHook, Pierre, Wedding

132 Schroeder, Hupp, Malloy, Moody

138 Kelley, Stevenson, Lannert, Judy

145 Hayhurst,McCreary, Bassemier, Montgomery

152 Rueger, Kreich, Richey, Burnette

160 Underwood, Osser, Warner, Tough

170 King Bowman Warren Mappes

182 Brandenstein, Wathen, Thacker, Konerding

195 Halbig, Jones, Mauer, Curtley

220 See, Knura, Bass, Boehm

285 Hohl, Snyder, Sutter, Wright

Looking Forward to several Ticket Round matches

106 Kennedy-Brown

106 Smith-Seng

138 Kelley-Hayes

138 Judy-Hoehn

145 Montgomery-Appell

152 Rueger-Farmer

170 Fiddler-King

Castle Regional: 26 qualifiers

Mooresville Regional: 19 qualifiers

Bloomington South Regional: 7 qualifiers

Jeffersonville Regional: 4 qualifiers

Yes Sean did go into overtime with Aaron, but that was very early on in the year and i have seen Sean wrestle a lot and ever since he won the al smith and was named outstanding wrestler he has been completely different compared to the first match with King. Sean is on a mission this year and i don't see anyone getting in his way let alone get 4th or 3rd at semi-state, you can expect to see him atop of the podium at semi-state next weekend in dominant fashion 

Well I guess since he is on a mission....

The thing to remember is Schoettle is not going to walk into state. He still has to get past a very dangerous Mastison. The entire 113 class from Castle Regionals could easily upset every 1 seed.

The thing to remember is Schoettle is not going to walk into state. He still has to get past a very dangerous Mastison. The entire 113 class from Castle Regionals could easily upset every 1 seed.

True  nobody is just going to walk into state you gotta wrestle this isn't a cake walk  ;D and as for the castle regional upsetting every 1 seed highly doubt it but when its all over the top four guys will have made their mark and made it to state .

Well I guess since he is on a mission....

Wath the tape of sean against aaron and then the match of sean vs bowman at regionals and tell me that he does not look better than he did in his match at the beginning of the year against aaron

Every wrestler is better this time of year just some willing to work harder gain over the ones that dont. Mappes is a great wrestler that works hard. The rematch could still go either way. Beating Warren two out of three times was no fluke. On another note I would not want to be in 138 class this weekend with Lannert. I see him getting to the finals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.