Who is Terry Tipton?

SamDad

Terry,

Can you give us more information on yourself?  Did you wrestle in high school?  Where did you wrestle?  What were your accomplishments?  Have you ever coached?  Any sons that wrestled?

Give your followers some info on yourself bud!

Some of us wrestled in a time when only 2 advanced, no wrestle backs, and larger regionals.  So many good kids now (who will get to state) in several weight classes that wouldn't even get to semi-state.   Not that I would want to go back to that, by no means!

Sometimes I think that it is knight and day to compare the state series in the 70's and 80's to now.

the 70s/80s where definately a one mistake world, but I think it prepared our group for life very well.  I remember two quotes from my coaches to this day from that time, 1) "You will always remember the matches you lost" (Jim Binkley); and 2) "What did you think was going to happen" (Phil Thrasher)

I was the official that called stalling on his opponent that put the match into overtime and he won is sudden death on a takedown at the edge of the mat, to advance to the go round for semi state. :'( :'( And Y2 was his coach and I threw him out for questioning a warning in the first period. And the Ancient Elder wrote about it in the chapter of matches he is trying to forget!!! ;D

Phil Thrasher... I remember that name from my days wrestling. Where was he from?

New Albany

He is #2 on all-time dual win list as a coach. And i believe also a former state champ from Bloomington South.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.