Reidling vs Mullins ?

SpartanDog

Anyone think that we will see this match-up tomorrow at Connersville? #10 Reidling from Waren Central vs #1 Mullins from New Castle.

I would be surprised if Mullins wrestles at all tomorrow...New Castle has been known to sit some of their kids at the team regional and it seems Mullins has had a difficult time maintain the weight on Saturdays so why even bother on a Wednesday?

I would be surprised if Mullins wrestles at all tomorrow...New Castle has been known to sit some of their kids at the team regional and it seems Mullins has had a difficult time maintain the weight on Saturdays so why even bother on a Wednesday?

Have respect for this sport, is all I can say about this....

My comment in now way is a lack of respect for New Castle or their program or the sport....I have tons of respect for Coach P and all of the Trojan wrestlers..I'm just stating my opinion on what I think will play out.

Neither was mine. I too, have seen NC in the past not wrestle their top Wrestlers in certian situations. I personally would like to see the match ;)

I would get pissed at my coach if he sat me out at team regionals and especially if it was against a ranked or top guy in the state there would be no way I would let that happen. I say let that match up happen what is goign to hurt both wrestlers gets some expierence from it and could be a good match to watch.

My comment in now way is a lack of respect for New Castle or their program or the sport....I have tons of respect for Coach P and all of the Trojan wrestlers..I'm just stating my opinion on what I think will play out.

I have nothing but respect for Coach Peck, and I was commenting on the post insinuating that he would not wrestle his best people. I think as long as a wrestler is not injured he would wrestle his best people.....

I have nothing but respect for Coach Peck, and I was commenting on the post insinuating that he would not wrestle his best people. I think as long as a wrestler is not injured he would wrestle his best people.....

And that may have been the case that a wrestler was sick or not 100%, but the last couple of years I have seen New Castle wrestle at the team Regional, their studs are not always in the line up.

i watched them wrestle roncalli a couple years ago in seymour and didnt see anything like that.......i saw a coach put his best team on the mat and was very competitive ......just my 2 cents

I truly hope that is what happens tonight! I want to see the best from each team giving it their all!

Heard New Castle only brought 6 wrestlers tonight....just saying....

If this is true, you can blame teams and coaches like this for the loss of the team tournament series.  The problem is, I can't see New Castle's coach pulling this crap.  He seems like too good of a coach to pull a stunt like this.

If this is true, you can blame teams and coaches like this for the loss of the team tournament series.  The problem is, I can't see New Castle's coach pulling this crap.  He seems like too good of a coach to pull a stunt like this.

I heard this from some people that were there...not sure what the reason was for doing this.

I heard this from some people that were there...not sure what the reason was for doing this.

My guess is that he has been around wrestling long enough to know that his team's chances of victory were negligible. Marry that with the fact that he has 3 seniors with legitimate shots at winning a state championship. The death of the team format has already been decided. He probably didn't want to risk injury to his seniors. Plus, if any of them do win a crown, it will bring some notoriety to the program, and help bring kids into it for future NC squads.

As a former competitor, it feels wrong...but is absolutely the correct move, given the circumstances stated above.

My guess is that he has been around wrestling long enough to know that his team's chances of victory were negligible. Marry that with the fact that he has 3 seniors with legitimate shots at winning a state championship. The death of the team format has already been decided. He probably didn't want to risk injury to his seniors. Plus, if any of them do win a crown, it will bring some notoriety to the program, and help bring kids into it for future NC squads.

As a former competitor, it feels wrong...but is absolutely the correct move, given the circumstances stated above.

Rex is a "leader" in this sport and been a very significant part of the IHSWCA and been in numerous meetings with the IHSAA.  Nothing like a nail in the coffin of team state when someone like him brings six wrestlers to team regional.  No way it comes back until I am a grandfather....if then!

This isn't the first year New Castle has done this....it seems like they have done this for the past several years.

This isn't the first year New Castle has done this....it seems like they have done this for the past several years.

First, I only addressed the circumstances surrounding THIS year. Secondly, I seem to recall some team regional match-ups the last few years with Roncalli, that were all-out wars.

First, I only addressed the circumstances surrounding THIS year. Secondly, I seem to recall some team regional match-ups the last few years with Roncalli, that were all-out wars.

I watched New Castle wrestle two years ago at the team Regional and none of their studs wrestled then either....yes they did bring more than 6 wrestlers, but still they were not the varsity guys.

I watched New Castle wrestle two years ago at the team Regional and none of their studs wrestled then either....yes they did bring more than 6 wrestlers, but still they were not the varsity guys.

One of us is clearly wrong...I recall that year Mullins wrestled and beat 2 ranked opponents, Tyler Clark of South Dearborn & Justin Kieffer of Roncalli.

One of us is clearly wrong...I recall that year Mullins wrestled and beat 2 ranked opponents, Tyler Clark of South Dearborn & Justin Kieffer of Roncalli.

2010-2011 Team Regional at Shelbyville from the IHSAA website

Match 1: Roncalli 52, East Central 12.

Match 2: Columbus East 40, New Castle 28.

Championship: Roncalli 42, Columbus East 13.

New Castle did not wrestle their starters in every weight class

I think you are talking about two years ago, and I didn't watch the team Regional that year so I can't comment on that one.

2010-2011 Team Regional at Shelbyville from the IHSAA website

Match 1: Roncalli 52, East Central 12.

Match 2: Columbus East 40, New Castle 28.

Championship: Roncalli 42, Columbus East 13.

New Castle did not wrestle their starters in every weight class

I think you are talking about two years ago, and I didn't watch the team Regional that year so I can't comment on that one.

LOL....go back  and look at your statement. YOU said..."2 years ago I watched NC"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.