Terry Tipton's Fort Wayne semi states toughest sectional

Jake Riesen

Board has been fairly dead after conference so why not get sectionals back on track.  Here are my top 8 Fort Wayne Sectionals.

1.  Jay County-  Jay county sectional currently is top heavy.  It has the number 1 team in the NHC(#3 2a Belmont), and #1 and #2 teams in the ACAC(#3 1a South Adams and #2 1aAdam Central).  These three teams lead the sectional, but all the other teams have several scattered individuals that will be on the podium to help add depth to the sectional.  Every weight class will be highly contested.

2.  Carroll-  Lacks the top end teams, but does have 5 very solid teams that makes the overall depth outstanding.  With Carroll(most seeded in NHC), Bishop Dwenger(2nd in SAC), Leo( 3rd in ACAC), Garrett(4th in ACAC), and Churubusco(2nd in NECC) all having great years this one could be very interesting. Great big and middle weights headline this sectional.

3.  Elkhart Memorial-  Only has 8 teams, but has the likes of 2 of the best teams in the area.  Jimtown and Elkhart Memorial will be leading the charge in this one.  These are two complete teams that make the depth good overall.  Then add to that other solid performers from Goshen, Fairfield, Elkhart Central, and Northridge and you can see this is a sectional on the rise.

4.  Westview-  Lacks overall depth but it does have the #2 and # 3 teams in the NHC(Dekalb and EastNobel) .  It also features NECC conference champion Angola and a West Nobel team with several solid individual.  The problem is this is almost all this sectional has and the total depth is very lacking. 

5.  New Haven-  This is a sectional on the rise and in 2 or 3 years we maybe talking this as one of the top sectionals in Fort Wayne.  They are headlined by SAC champions Snider.  Snider is the only complete team in the sectional, but several other teams are bringing solid individuals.  Homestead, Woodland, Heritage, and New haven can all give Snider fits at several individual weight classes.

6.Peru-  Fort Wayne starts looking down at this point.  I just see this sectional as having a few more solid teams then the other two.  Huntington North Peru North Miami and Northfield are all ok.

7.  Delta-  They have a solid Yorktown team, but on a whole they are going to be beat down by the Jay county sectional for another year.

8.  Oak Hill-  Kokomo is having a solid year, but in all honesty this is the worst sectional in Northeat Indiana.  None of these teams would finish in the top 5 in most of these sectionals.  That being said they may be on a little bit of a rise in coming years I just don;t see it anytime soon.

Board has been fairly dead after conference so why not get sectionals back on track.  Here are my top 8 Fort Wayne Sectionals.

1.  Jay County-  Jay county sectional currently is top heavy.  It has the number 1 team in the NHC(#3 2a Belmont), and #1 and #2 teams in the ACAC(#3 1a South Adams and #2 1aAdam Central).  These three teams lead the sectional, but all the other teams have several scattered individuals that will be on the podium to help add depth to the sectional.  Every weight class will be highly contested.

I would put the Elkhart Sectional over this sectional. Memorial beat Adams Central by 30 points at New Haven. With the power wrestlers at Jimtown 4 ranked in state, and other solid teams in the Sectional. I look for this sectional to advance 15+ to Regionals. I think they will do very well at Semi and see them advancing the most to state.

7.  Delta-  They have a solid Yorktown team, but on a whole they are going to be beat down by the Jay county sectional for another year.

No way the Jay County Sectional beats down the Delta Sectional.  Champs and placewinners will be very even this year.

Delta sectional is weak on a whole.  At Jay county the upper weights are going to dominate everything Delta has to throw at them.  Yes there are some good wrestlers just like every sectional, but this sectional is weak in a lot of spots.

Upper weights will dominate everything Delta has to throw at them?  hahahaha.......  195 and 220, yes...but thats it.... 

Where have you been AJ??? People say this every year about the Delta sectional. I will admit that it is a little down this season, but not by much...

They said the same thing 3 years ago when Delta sectional tied for the most state qualifiers.... So the "for another year" comment, in the to post, isn't too strong

I personally think Elkhart is the toughest at this semi-state. Memorial and Jimtown all have many individuals that will make it to semi-state(At least 7 each I'm wagering), and Goshen, Northridge, Fairfield, Central, and even Concord have some really tough individuals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.