Penn vs Mishawaka 1-4-12

M109R

The annual Crosstown Showdown might of lost a bit of luster this year , but still should be a good one . Last year was the most intense ,largest crowd dual that i've ever witnessed . What is your prediction for this year ?

The annual Crosstown Showdown might of lost a bit of luster this year , but still should be a good one . Last year was the most intense ,largest crowd dual that i've ever witnessed . What is your prediction for this year ?

It lost more than a bit...

Yes Mish is without starters , but every time I see Penn they have a totally different lineup . At the Al Smith , no Ben Varner at 132(did Osborne beat him out?), No Ginter/Rhinehart at 138(did Curcio beat them out) , no Teague at 152(was impressed with him) , no Demel at 182 (was impressed with him).  I still think it will be a good dual .

This matchup is in the Kingsmen favor since Mishawaka head coach is not there as well as top studs Binion and Logan, plus with frequent line changes for both teams Penn seems to have the better depth...points being 132lbs Varner medical problems from last year and Osborn filling the shoes is 128lbs, 138lbs Ginter medical problems as well/Rienhart surgery on shoulder making Curcio 3rd on the deepth chart with varsity experience, since Penn sends out two varsity teams and, he won the Lake Harvest Classic prior, but like most teams throughout the season you fall apon injury. Mishawakas depth didn't impress me as much as the Kingsmen

This matchup is in the Kingsmen favor since Mishawaka head coach is not there as well as top studs Binion and Logan, plus with frequent line changes for both teams Penn seems to have the better depth...points being 132lbs Varner medical problems from last year and Osborn filling the shoes is 128lbs, 138lbs Ginter medical problems as well/Rienhart surgery on shoulder making Curcio 3rd on the deepth chart with varsity experience, since Penn sends out two varsity teams and, he won the Lake Harvest Classic prior, but like most teams throughout the season you fall apon injury. Mishawakas depth didn't impress me as much as the Kingsmen

Also Joey M behind Osborn the Kingsmen are a deep team

Lost Luster? A Penn alum coaching Mishawaka. A Mishawaka alum coaching Penn. Some of the usual great wrestlers plus JV wrestlers that would be state ranked if they wrestled for almost any other program I'm thinking this will still be one of the best dual meets of the year.

Lost Luster? A Penn alum coaching Mishawaka. A Mishawaka alum coaching Penn. Some of the usual great wrestlers plus JV wrestlers that would be state ranked if they wrestled for almost any other program I'm thinking this will still be one of the best dual meets of the year.

With a missing head coach and a chunk of the team not there, it won't be the barn burner that you're hoping for...

What JV wrestlers would be ranked?

With a missing head coach and a chunk of the team not there, it won't be the barn burner that you're hoping for...

What JV wrestlers would be ranked?

I'll take the simplest one for you. Curcio beat roadruck ranked 16 and finished ahead of Macri in Al Smith who is ranked 15. I think he was originally third in line at Penn. When Penn and Mishawaka are bad they are still better then most teams good. I admit not #1 against #2 but this is still going to be a great dual.

I'll take the simplest one for you. Curcio beat roadruck ranked 16 and finished ahead of Macri in Al Smith who is ranked 15. I think he was originally third in line at Penn. When Penn and Mishawaka are bad they are still better then most teams good. I admit not #1 against #2 but this is still going to be a great dual.

SMH... have fun!

I would give Mishawaka the edge at 113 and 182 with 120 being a swing match. Not sure if 106 is a lock for Penn either. Who knows Mishawaka may bump some kids as well.

I gave 113 to Penn because I noticed Emmons wasn't at the Al Smith. Assuming he wrestles tonight, I'd give him the edge at 113.

And also at the Al Smith, Zack Davis got a pin over Sinkovics at 106. And at the Al Smith Martsolf beat Jacob Davis in a really close one.  That being said, I will agree that it could go either way, along with 220 as Hurford said.

And the line-up will probably be bumped/switched somehow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.