Marion County

zachpierson

At 120 Martin from FC will be right in there...He had a loss at the CCC that he should have won over Kinney. Blown calls by officials gave the match to Kinney. Not taking anything away from Kinney because he is a very good wrestler that stuck to the game plan. Even though he was given the win, he lost.

Lol sour grapes. I'm sure Martin will have a better gas tank this time around.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 120 Martin from FC will be right in there...He had a loss at the CCC that he should have won over Kinney. Blown calls by officials gave the match to Kinney. Not taking anything away from Kinney because he is a very good wrestler that stuck to the game plan. Even though he was given the win, he lost.

I was at the match and what I saw was a kid that helped beat himself with 2 locked hands called (should have been more), and started slowing way down in the 2nd period, and had a stall point against him. When he was fresh he was tough, but we wrestle 6 minutes not 3! Good luck to both wrestlers this weekend....

I was at the match and what I saw was a kid that helped beat himself with 2 locked hands called (should have been more), and started slowing way down in the 2nd period, and had a stall point against him. When he was fresh he was tough, but we wrestle 6 minutes not 3! Good luck to both wrestlers this weekend....

I was there too and after watching the video I filmed for the team, Martin one the match and Kinney was given two calls that were wrong. Perry was next to me videoing the match as well. They saw the same thing.

I was there too and after watching the video I filmed for the team, Martin one the match and Kinney was given two calls that were wrong. Perry was next to me videoing the match as well. They saw the same thing.

And what were the 2 blown calls, and the mat maids video tape for the Falcons so ok you got the mat maids to agree with you? I was with Coach Tonte & Schoettle for dinner after the meet and neither said a thing about their wrestler being given the match, lol My son wrestles for another school, so their is no reason for me not to call it as I saw it in that match. When you state their were 2 blown calls you are saying the offical was so bad, that he gave the match to his non deserving opponet, I also noticed coach Fox did not argue the locked hands calls either. I'm guessing you may have had a dog in this fight. Again good luck to both of these wrestlers this weekend at county...

And what were the 2 blown calls, and the mat maids video tape for the Falcons so ok you got the mat maids to agree with you? I was with Coach Tonte & Schoettle for dinner after the meet and neither said a thing about their wrestler being given the match, lol My son wrestles for another school, so their is no reason for me not to call it as I saw it in that match. When you state their were 2 blown calls you are saying the offical was so bad, that he gave the match to his non deserving opponet, I also noticed coach Fox did not argue the locked hands calls either. I'm guessing you may have had a dog in this fight. Again good luck to both of these wrestlers this weekend at county...

One was kinney jumping the whistle and the call was not made. His right knee pulled up off the matt. Right after that, Martin was called for locking hands. If they would have called the false start Martin would have been given a point and the opportunity would not have been there for him to even lock hands and he would have been 2 ahead and it would never been tied up to go into OT.

In saying that, I am not taking anything away from Aiden he is a very good wrestler. He followed a well constructed game plan. Good luck to him this weekend.

One was kinney jumping the whistle and the call was not made. His right knee pulled up off the matt. Right after that, Martin was called for locking hands. If they would have called the false start Martin would have been given a point and the opportunity would not have been there for him to even lock hands and he would have been 2 ahead and it would never been tied up to go into OT.

In saying that, I am not taking anything away from Aiden he is a very good wrestler. He followed a well constructed game plan. Good luck to him this weekend.

Even if they would have hit Kinney with a false start and assuming he had been warned previously, they still start in the same referee's position and Martin still has to stop Kinney from a reversal or escape takedown. So your excuse doesn't hold water, so lets let the kids sort it all out this weekend. Also wrestling for six minutes is not a game plan, but a must at 120lbs in this sport, I guess you didn't notice Martin loosing steam 3 minutes into the match either. Good luck again this weekend....

Even if they would have hit Kinney with a false start and assuming he had been warned previously, they still start in the same referee's position and Martin still has to stop Kinney from a reversal or escape takedown. So your excuse doesn't hold water, so lets let the kids sort it all out this weekend. Also wrestling for six minutes is not a game plan, but a must at 120lbs in this sport, I guess you didn't notice Martin loosing steam 3 minutes into the match either. Good luck again this weekend....

You are making this into more than it is, I know Aiden is your nephew and you want to believe something so bad does not make it so. BTW, Martin was not gassed. He is a nationally ranked cross country runner. Aiden had been warned and the false start would have put him down by 2. Even another locking hands would not have given him the match. Good luck to he, Wes and you this weekend.

You are making this into more than it is, I know Aiden is your nephew and you want to believe something so bad does not make it so. BTW, Martin was not gassed. He is a nationally ranked cross country runner. Aiden had been warned and the false start would have put him down by 2. Even another locking hands would not have given him the match. Good luck to he, Wes and you this weekend.

He had 2 locked hands and 4 or 5 locked hands not called I had a lot better seat than u I was in the corner. How about we just let the issue die and let the kids work it out this weekend? It was a great opening weekend match that I do know

We can agree to disagree, but understand this you are the one in denial the offical called the match the way he saw it not the way you or I did, so your beef is with the offical.  Aiden had his hand raised as the winner as he deserved, I just have a problem when people get on here and make excuses for a loss as if the offical had it in for a kid. Kids loose sometimes and the best way to cure that is to learn from those mistakes made and not repeating them, instead of the blame the offical game! Maybe they see each other Sat and get to continue this rivalry....Good luck to you folks Sat ;)

Jacob, you are the one who initiated this entire debate even going so far as to say "Even though he was given the win, he lost". It seems that you are the one making this into more that it is. And you wanting to believe something so bad does not make it so, either. Reality is what it is...A is A.  Were calls missed? Possibly, but that gate swings both ways. A false start could have given Martin the win, but had all the locked hands violations been called, it would have been a default in favor of Kenny. I would say that any missed calls, real or perceived, were a push and that Kenny was the better wrestler that day. Will he win the next match? Only time will tell and if you saw my preview, I stated that any of 6 solid wrestlers are capable of winning the title at 120. Whoever does, he will have earned it.

I agree to agree to disagree...Match was a very good one. I look forward to seeing them again. I do disagree about locking hands...Both arms went completely around Kinneys waist however they were side by side and not locked.Good luck to you all this weekend. BTW, no argument just spirited debate.

I believe Perry will have a great day I believe 120 Rameriez and or Kenny, 152 Reidling, and 182 Jehn maybe if Blades or Hernandez at220 If not Naughton will dominate, Carter and weinfield will be good. All the rest except 45 Perry will win I believe Cottey wii upset Boston. Best of luck to the Falcons should be a great day wish we was on the mat.

Yeah, Martin wins big.  Sparks over Martinez, 2-0, OT.

120 semi's:

Newkirk/Sparks

Martin/Kenny

Also, #2 seed Robles goes down to Randall of BD in the quarters at 126.  Randall's official record: 2-0

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.