Hall of Fame Classic Proposal Please read it and then call it STUPID

Coach Peck

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are we just assuming that most of the coaches in the state will not participate in an invite only event? I know that an invite event is different than what we are used to, but the have worked in other states.  Why can Ohio pull it off when we can't?

Because their coaches association is way more organized than Indiana's.

Because their coaches association is way more organized than Indiana's.

Fair enough, but it was stated that their coaches association duals started 20 years ago.  Are we really 20 years behind the,m?  I see it as more of a wrestling community as a whole problem than I do as an association problem.  The association has the ability to run an event I know that, the question to me is if the wrestling community as a whole would support it.

And they were assuming it meant something...aka it was IHSAA sanctioned.

Would you support an IHSWCA-sanctioned, invite-only team tournament if the goal was for the reestablishment of an IHSAA-sanctioned, all-inclusive team state?

Coaches Snyder and Peck....I would suggest that you pick up a phone and call each other to discuss your differing opinions instead of arguing like a couple of school girls.  Seeing the coaches of two highly respected programs arguing like this makes me think we have no hope at all in doing anyting about this.

Leave the arguing to the fans.

It seems to me that Coach Snyder really takes issue with the with the "one invite every three years" rule, and Coach Peck is saying that this rule can be taken out as soon as year 2.

I have to agree with Coach Snyder. If that rule is in place, the tournament will not determine the best team in the state, nor even the most probable best team (as a top 8 ranked, invite only tourney would do). With the "one invite every three years" rule in place, the tourney doesn't really offer much. Top flight teams could go to better tourneys elsewhere.

And if the rule could be changed in year 2, why include it in the first place? Why undermine the whole reason for having this tournament by injecting a rule that is so pointless that you are willing to discard it in year 2? What, really, do you gain by including it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.