Harvey Ranked #1

fc215

Personally, I would rank Jesse Goodnight first due to placing at the Super 32 in the same bracket that Harvey didn't place in. But to say Harvey is not impressive is crazy. Last year at state, he lost to the runner-up in the second round and won his next 2 matches to get 5th in what I think was a tough weight class. Harvey will very likely be top 3, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the top of the podium.

Also, the number 1 ranked heavyweight didn't even place at state last year. Why aren't you upset about that one?

We did a camp this summer and Brian was there. One of our younger high schoolers  ended up being his partner for the majority of the camp. Our kid said  that  Brian basically coached while they wrestled.  Our boy said he has so much respect for him because of all they help he provided instead of just beating the crap out of him the whole session. Good luck this year "Harvey".

Hmm... I do agree with everyone that this post was classless and seemed like a personal attack on a very good wrestler.  Last year at 189 there was a very talented man from Bloomington North that did not "have the credentials" at the state level but still managed to find himself atop the podium.  Harvey has wrestled well at every weight despite his consistent gain in size and has continued to place in state.  I believe he is deserving of his number 1 ranking.  However, that does not mean he will win state it is just saying he is in the running and contention for it.  I personally would like to see him wrestle extremely well and be on top of the podium at Conseco.  I would also like to see Evan Smiley atop the podium as well.

If you weren't impressed by Harvey I'm just going to assume you were only impressed by 14-16 wrestlers last year which is really shallow. Though saying that I would place Mullen  #1 at 152 since he was runner up at 152. If he's not there I would put it between Harvey and Richey... I think they could have a really good match this year.

Look, I have obviously stirred up a hornets nest here, which is fine.  I am glad to see that this young man has so many supporters on his side.  It was not my intention for this to come across in the way that it did, for that I apologize.  On the other hand, my opinion hasn't changed and again it is only my opinion.  I only meant to start a discussion and maybe I should have worded it differently. I too wish this young man the best of luck as I do all of the other wrestlers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.