Cathedral vs Perry

WC182Dad

We know PMs projected lineup, If Cathedrals football players decide to wrestle this year it will be a very good dual as usual Irish could suprise some people. what weight is venizia going? Smiley,? someone with a lil more info on the Irish what weights you think they will be going.

We know PMs projected lineup, If Cathedrals football players decide to wrestle this year it will be a very good dual as usual Irish could suprise some people. what weight is venizia going? Smiley,? someone with a lil more info on the Irish what weights you think they will be going.

A lot of what if 's, the IRISH football team are in the middle of trying to bring home a 2nd straight State Football Title, and the players are not intrested in talking about weight classes, cutting weight or where does it benifit the team for them to be weight wise. We have 2-3 wrestlers who hit the national wrestling circut compared to Perry's 10 - 12, this is a post that should be re-visited in November. Without a doubt Perry is the team to beat, Penn, EMD, CP, Yorktown and Mishawaka all should be considered as strong as the IRISH.

I understand they have the football mentality right now thats great good luck to you guys, but with the Harveys, Vanezia, Smiley, Casaro (sp),,Willis ,Giles Bernard. Its never to early to talk about all those studs expecially with them being on our schedual as well. Goodluck to Irish Football Team.

I understand they have the football mentality right now thats great good luck to you guys, but with the Harveys, Vanezia, Smiley, Casaro (sp),,Willis ,Giles Bernard. Its never to early to talk about all those studs expecially with them being on our schedual as well. Goodluck to Irish Football Team.

You guys set your sights pretty high...Unless you guys recruited a boatload of kids you might think about lowering the bar a peg or two...LOL...

A lot of what if 's, the IRISH football team are in the middle of trying to bring home a 2nd straight State Football Title, and the players are not intrested in talking about weight classes, cutting weight or where does it benifit the team for them to be weight wise.

No one is asking the players.  They are asking other members of the message board. 

I still believe Perrys one of the best in the country any other year the Irish would be the Fav. I understand they want to keep it hush, but throw us a bone big bob. Gillium vs Johnson at 60 great match, Willis at 70 vs Massengale those matches are going to be huge then the Hwt match. like I sid should be a great dual. Cant wait Watch out for Frankie reffing lol jk frankie

No one is asking the players.  They are asking other members of the message board. 

I think they are asking anyone with knowledge of the program currently, and or the kids and where their weights are approx. Correct me if I'm wrong WC182Dad. Harvey is going 152lbs at the super 32, Bernard will be the HWT, Kenny who wrestled Naughton last year at HWT in the dual will go down to 225lbs, a move I understand Naughton is making also making. Lil Harvy probably 113lbs. Giles I doubts wrestles due to his injury last year and I hear from people football offers are coming in, but their is more experience behind him that had to sit out a year ago due to surgery, but the name escapes me right now. The last word from Gillum is he is wrestling, no clue right now at what weight class, or where Michael V, and Smiley will be at, and I would look for Corsaro to be close to last year's weight, but this is for Coach McGinley & staff along with these kids to work out and doubt we are within a month of knowing. Hope this helps with any insight....

I still believe Perrys one of the best in the country any other year the Irish would be the Fav. I understand they want to keep it hush, but throw us a bone big bob. Gillium vs Johnson at 60 great match, Willis at 70 vs Massengale those matches are going to be huge then the Hwt match. like I sid should be a great dual. Cant wait Watch out for Frankie reffing lol jk frankie

My guess at this point is Mr. Willis will be at 182 or 194, but understand that's  MY guess.....I only am speaking for myself, and this is comes  from the conversations I've had with Ty and dad....

I'm sure the weight willis goes has a lot to do with football recruits some high profile schools might recomend that he cuts little to know weight at all. I'm sure he could make 170 but unless he's going to wrestle in college at 174 I would say 182-195 is a better fit for him. If he goes 182 that could be one of the tougher weight classes in New Castle Semi-State with Sliga, the westfield kid, Richards, and possably Early and who know who else will be there.

You guys set your sights pretty high...Unless you guys recruited a boatload of kids you might think about lowering the bar a peg or two...LOL...

Who are you referring to "you guys"? No predictions coming from here, WC182Dad is leading the charge on theses threads, lol. Recruiting, have you looked around at some of the state's elite teams from last year? Heck, I have seen a team add kids from another state to their roster the last year or so, and with the new rules of starting where you want, and no violation unless you transfer makes recruiting nothing more than an excuse for not being very good anymore. lol

Who are you referring to "you guys"? No predictions coming from here, WC182Dad is leading the charge on theses threads, lol. Recruiting, have you looked around at some of the state's elite teams from last year? Heck, I have seen a team add kids from another state to their roster the last year or so, and with the new rules of starting where you want, and no violation unless you transfer makes recruiting nothing more than an excuse for not being very good anymore. lol

LOL, I was referring to WC putting them in the same context as Cathedral. Not saying Warren does not have some good wrestlers, just saying they do not have the depth as Cathedral. So it really does not matter who is where because for the most part they only have a shot at a handfull of match`s. Just my two cents worth...

LOL, I was referring to WC putting them in the same context as Cathedral. Not saying Warren does not have some good wrestlers, just saying they do not have the depth as Cathedral. So it really does not matter who is where because for the most part they only have a shot at a handfull of match`s. Just my two cents worth...

I don't see where WC is putting Warren Central on the level of Cathedral... I might have miss something so I'd like to see where you got this idea from. the guy was talking about PM and Cathedral not Warren Central and Cathedral. He just mentioned that he gets excited about Cathedral wrestling since they meet each other. I don't think he said anything about how close a match up would be though.

Not at all Jacob we all know who the top 4 is PM, Cath, Penn, EMd. I was stating we have them early in the season just trying to get a feel for what they are all working with :) Both programs are great hopefully we can build WC back to one of the powerhouses they used to be. The boys do work hard but it dont happen overnight.

this is my best guess at the cathedral line-up

106 devine

113 lil Harvey

120 hummel

126 Venezia

132 smiley

138Larson

145 harvey

152 corsaro

160 Gillium

170 Lenahan

182 Willis

195 White

220 Kinney

285 Bernard

u might be able to flip flop corsaro and harvey not sure

this is my best guess at the cathedral line-up

106 devine

113 lil Harvey

120 hummel

126 Venezia

132 smiley

138Larson

145 harvey

152 corsaro

160 Gillium

170 Lenahan

182 Willis

195 White

220 Kinney

285 Bernard

u might be able to flip flop corsaro and harvey not sure

Zach attack your probably right with the flip flop @ 145 & 152, 195lbs White is a possibility but is up for grabs from what I here, but I doubt it's Giles maybe somebody a little more seasoned. Hope those lower weights can get to where they need, but whey to eary to know.

Zach attack your probably right with the flip flop @ 145 & 152, 195lbs White is a possibility but is up for grabs from what I here, but I doubt it's Giles maybe somebody a little more seasoned. Hope those lower weights can get to where they need, but whey to eary to know.

ya just hard to guess cause corsaro was bigger than him last year. so i figured i would put the logical way of putting the younger taller one at the higher weight

That is suprising if they want to beat Perry swaping team points at 70 and 82, should be Massengale over Lehnan sp maj so +4 and Willis pinning Martin so tha would be total cath +2, If he went 70 that extra teamoints could make the difference I think, Its going to be a closer dual than alot are thinking. Just my opinion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.