Yorktown sends 7 to state

wrestleboy69

lets see.

Jackson is a Wes Del kid

Carroll Anderson Highland/Anderson?

VanHorn Franklin.

Anyone else? 

I think you are painting with a pretty wide brush here. Move-ins are one thing, but I think each situation needs to be looked at individually.

For example, I know that one of my best friends in high school lived in the Heritage district his entire life, but went to Bellmont. He went to a parochial Lutheran grade school from Preschool through 8th grade (the grade school is located in Bellmont's district) and then attended Bellmont for four years. His dad teaches at the middle school and his mother taught at another parochial school in town.

Are you mad about a kid like that going to a different school?

I understand the animosity towards their program, because it does seem like they have kids that specifically switch school districts just to wrestle there. However, I think by simply saying that if they live outside of the district that they are not homegrown, is unfair.

Van Horn is not from Franklin. He went to Yorktown throughout his whole high school career.

I am pretty sure you are being sarcastic but in case you're not, but his older brother placed at state for Franklin and Cole wrestled for franklin his whole life except this year when all the Franklin kids transferred.

Really? We are going to get on this VanHorn subject again? I am not degrading him for any reason BUT HE JUST TRANSFERRED. He transferred FROM FRANKLIN where he has went the last 10 years (school corporation wise). He has not went to Yorktown his entire HS career! Don't get me wrong he is a Great Wrestler but seriously people get your facts straight before you go blowing out your opinions! You are wrong! His family has been very active in the Franklin Wrestling Club for over the last 10 years as well as the ISWA. Great Family!

Sir thats not true. He's a homegrown tiger and you know it.

Ok fellas I believe this whole Vanhorn deal needs to end. As a bellmont fan I was upset when I heard the news about it because I thought that it would compromise bellmonts chances of getting back down to team state. Seeing that it didn't make a difference in the end I believe that its time to put an end to this whole situation. Whats done is done and no one is going to change anything now. best of luck bellmont boys. Make us proud.

Ryan Baker

I was just attempting to set the facts straight. Quite frankly I could care less about the Yorktown situation. I just want people to get the facts straight before they post stuff. I obviously missed the sarcasm and for that I am sorry.

Cole ~ Good luck this weekend!

wow. oh goodness. seasons almost over, and your still talking about van horn. everyone always talks abut how yorktown recruited him, but you never talk about cole van horn himself, as a person. He is a senior in high school. a good wrestler who messed up and paid a  price. yorktown offered him another chance, to finish his high school career in wrestling. it didnt effect any other teams so people need to stop making a big deal about it.

he was a boy who had a passion to wreslte, and i wouldnt wanna say i didnt finish my senior year of wrestling because i made a mistake.

he finished out the season of wrestling, not in the way he wanted to, but he did.

its done. and think about how hes feeling right now? so many haters for an 18 year old boy. you probably cant imagine the psycological damage that can do to a teenage boy. people booing him and what not, im suprised hes made it out of all this without cracking. hes strong and i respect him. the last time i spoke with him he was just glad to be given another chance, and he was thankful yorktown provided that chance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.