140-tsirtis,wartman,browm,martinez

145-roach,lunford,avalos,martinez

152-flamme,smith,yoder,kolat

160-quiroz,schurg,alwine,mcleod

171-lynde,winkle,crocker,peco

189-berry,johnson,bisping,patton

215-sumner,seaman,kral,gallegos

285-howe,ford,harvey,dix

Sarah Hidebrandt  will have the upset of the of the tournament by overpowering Denton in the 1st round of the tourney . She's a much more experienced wrestler with much tougher competition . Who has Denton wrestled this year that compares to the wrestlers in the South Bend area ?

Sarah Hidebrandt  will have the upset of the of the tournament by overpowering Denton in the 1st round of the tourney . She's a much more experienced wrestler with much tougher competition . Who has Denton wrestled this year that compares to the wrestlers in the South Bend area ?

That is pretty funny.  Next to Tanner Lynde and I mean a very close second to Tanner, Blake Denton is by far the best wrestler to step out of the Logan regional!  I have seen both wrestle several times and I will tell you this match will not even be close.  I believe Blake is going to really turn some heads.  In a lot of cases, kids come out of the Logan regional as champions with 38-0 records just to be destroyed in the first or second round at Merrillville.  So I totally understand  Inthecave's thought process  here.  However, this will not be close.  He is far too fast, strong and technical.  If it goes six minutes, it will not be good for Sarah.  I was impressed with her at 103 last year.  I was a fan of hers.  But I am also realistic.  This TL kid may not be ready for the likes of Petrov and Brookes, but I 've got a bundle of money to wager on this match.  By the way, he has beaten the likes of Buckley from Valpo who thought he could bump up from 103 and beat him, and learned the hard way.  I don't know the Denton kid personally, but I know I wouldn't want to face him in the ticket round to state.  That I do know!

That is pretty funny.  Next to Tanner Lynde and I mean a very close second to Tanner, Blake Denton is by far the best wrestler to step out of the Logan regional!  I have seen both wrestle several times and I will tell you this match will not even be close.  I believe Blake is going to really turn some heads.  In a lot of cases, kids come out of the Logan regional as champions with 38-0 records just to be destroyed in the first or second round at Merrillville.  So I totally understand  Inthecave's thought process  here.  However, this will not be close.  He is far too fast, strong and technical.  If it goes six minutes, it will not be good for Sarah.  I was impressed with her at 103 last year.  I was a fan of hers.  But I am also realistic.  This TL kid may not be ready for the likes of Petrov and Brookes, but I 've got a bundle of money to wager on this match.  By the way, he has beaten the likes of Buckley from Valpo who thought he could bump up from 103 and beat him, and learned the hard way.  I don't know the Denton kid personally, but I know I wouldn't want to face him in the ticket round to state.  That I do know!

So he beat a 103 lb wrestler he had 9 lbs on , and this wrestler will probably not get a ticket to the big show because of Marciano being in his way . I sure wouldn't put that in my resume . I guess his only loss is to Micic (another 103 pounder) , has he wrestled anyone ranked , or over 103 lbs ?

These all are in order.

103-Fuqua, Overby, Buckley, Davis

112-Petrov, Brooks, Saroff, Orzechowicz

119-Ayersman, Garcia, McHugh, Simpson

125-Binion, Chapple, Harvey, Lopez

130-Miller, Wisler, Padilla, Ringen

135-Gregory, Griffin, Acuna, Fuqua

140-Tsirtsis, Wartman, Brown, Gitner

145-Roach, Lunford, Avalos, Henderson

152-Flamme, Smith, Kolat, Yoder

160-Quiroz, McCleod, Alwine, Schurg

171-Lynde, Crocker, Peco, Coddens

189-Berry, Hurford, Bisping, Patton

215-Kral, Gallegos, Seaman, Robinson

285-Howe, Harvey, Ford, Maggert

These all are in order.

103-Fuqua, Overby, Buckley, Davis

112-Petrov, Brooks, Saroff, Orzechowicz

119-Ayersman, Garcia, McHugh, Simpson

125-Binion, Chapple, Harvey, Lopez

130-Miller, Wisler, Padilla, Ringen

135-Gregory, Griffin, Acuna, Fuqua

140-Tsirtsis, Wartman, Brown, Gitner

145-Roach, Lunford, Avalos, Henderson

152-Flamme, Smith, Kolat, Yoder

160-Quiroz, McCleod, Alwine, Schurg

171-Lynde, Crocker, Peco, Coddens

189-Berry, Hurford, Bisping, Patton

215-Kral, Gallegos, Seaman, Robinson

285-Howe, Harvey, Ford, Maggert

These look like excellent picks, but at 171 Winkle from Twin Lakes has already beaten Coddens from SBR.  It was a close score of like 4-2 or something like that, so I guess anything could happen there.  I also think the 215 pounder from McCutcheon named Sumner will make it to the semifinals.  Just my opinion.

These look like excellent picks, but at 171 Winkle from Twin Lakes has already beaten Coddens from SBR.  It was a close score of like 4-2 or something like that, so I guess anything could happen there.  I also think the 215 pounder from McCutcheon named Sumner will make it to the semifinals.  Just my opinion.

Coddens is still a solid pick.  Riley has wrestled a considerably harder schedule since twin lakes invite and I would guess that he has improved enough to defeat either winkle or manning

These were some of the picks i was skeptical with.  The reason for my choice of Coddens is due to the strength of his schedule and my lack of knowledge of Winkle.  As 215 goes, Sumner is very tough and I could see him easily pulling out a win here, but Robinson has been a tough match for everyone this year.  Robinson has improved every time I see him wrestle so it will be a good one.

Sarah Hidebrandt  will have the upset of the of the tournament by overpowering Denton in the 1st round of the tourney . She's a much more experienced wrestler with much tougher competition . Who has Denton wrestled this year that compares to the wrestlers in the South Bend area ?

They have practiced before a couple of times together (gone live) and neither will prob overpower the other I'm sure Sarah has gotten better the last year but Denton has also. should be good match.   Regards to Buckly 8 pounds should not  be a problem for a smaller ranked wrestler. you see it all the Time.  Good luck to Sarah and all the semi state wrestlers.

That is pretty funny.  Next to Tanner Lynde and I mean a very close second to Tanner, Blake Denton is by far the best wrestler to step out of the Logan regional!  I have seen both wrestle several times and I will tell you this match will not even be close.  I believe Blake is going to really turn some heads.  In a lot of cases, kids come out of the Logan regional as champions with 38-0 records just to be destroyed in the first or second round at Merrillville.  So I totally understand  Inthecave's thought process  here.  However, this will not be close.  He is far too fast, strong and technical.  If it goes six minutes, it will not be good for Sarah.  I was impressed with her at 103 last year.  I was a fan of hers.  But I am also realistic.  This TL kid may not be ready for the likes of Petrov and Brookes, but I 've got a bundle of money to wager on this match.  By the way, he has beaten the likes of Buckley from Valpo who thought he could bump up from 103 and beat him, and learned the hard way.  I don't know the Denton kid personally, but I know I wouldn't want to face him in the ticket round to state.  That I do know!

You cant even say that denton is anywhere near lynde, lynde went to state his freshmen year, and placed top eight his sophmore year, and right now in the top 3 or 4 kids in the state at his weight. This would still be the same if he would of cut to 160, anyways my point is if denton wrestled a weigt class up like 119 sure he might make the regional finals but would of gotton tech falled by brandon preston all the same. A win doesnt mean anything over a weight class below you, especially with a nine pound difference. I saw the match and Denton only won by a couple points. That was the only reason he won because of that strength and pound difference. Buckly is a good size three pounder, and the denton kid is kinda of small for 112, which made it evenly matched up. Also I could name several kids coming out of this regional who are by far better technical wrestlers like lynde, brown, preston, griffen, hicks, j.martinez, green and so on. To come out of the logan regional as one of the top dogs is not a big thing( since its one of the worst regionals in the state), other than it gives you a good draw at semistate, which doesnt guarantee anything. Denton may be a big fish in a small pond at logan, but now its time to enter the big pond with bigger fish. Other than that he is a very good wrestler  :)

You cant even say that denton is anywhere near lynde, lynde went to state his freshmen year, and placed top eight his sophmore year, and right now in the top 3 or 4 kids in the state at his weight. This would still be the same if he would of cut to 160, anyways my point is if denton wrestled a weigt class up like 119 sure he might make the regional finals but would of gotton tech falled by brandon preston all the same. A win doesnt mean anything over a weight class below you, especially with a nine pound difference. I saw the match and Denton only won by a couple points. That was the only reason he won because of that strength and pound difference. Buckly is a good size three pounder, and the denton kid is kinda of small for 112, which made it evenly matched up. Also I could name several kids coming out of this regional who are by far better technical wrestlers like lynde, brown, preston, griffen, hicks, j.martinez, green and so on. To come out of the logan regional as one of the top dogs is not a big thing( since its one of the worst regionals in the state), other than it gives you a good draw at semistate, which doesnt guarantee anything. Denton may be a big fish in a small pond at logan, but now its time to enter the big pond with bigger fish. Other than that he is a very good wrestler  :)

You are absolutely right about my comment comparing Denton to Tanner Lynde.  That didn't come out the way I intended it.  Lynde is on a different level than all of the wrestlers at Logan Regional without a doubt.  And it would take divine intervention for anyone at Merrillville to beat him at 171 pounds.  I would also say that I overlooked Preston at 119 from Logan and a few other very solid wrestlers from Logan regional when I said that.  My bad.  That still doesn't sway my strong belief that Denton will win his first match at Merrillville.  I actually think he can beat the Crown Point kid as well but that one might be a stretch.  I'm just saying I wouldn't want him in the ticket round if I wrestled 112.  As far as the Buckly kid giving up the weight, if your a top ten ranked 103 pound, you should be able to beat an unranked 112 pounder.  Not to mention Denton being a rather small 12 pounder at that.  I'm sticking with my initial assessment of before this kid is through , people will know his name.

You are absolutely right about my comment comparing Denton to Tanner Lynde.  That didn't come out the way I intended it.  Lynde is on a different level than all of the wrestlers at Logan Regional without a doubt.  And it would take divine intervention for anyone at Merrillville to beat him at 171 pounds.  I would also say that I overlooked Preston at 119 from Logan and a few other very solid wrestlers from Logan regional when I said that.  My bad.  That still doesn't sway my strong belief that Denton will win his first match at Merrillville.  I actually think he can beat the Crown Point kid as well but that one might be a stretch.  I'm just saying I wouldn't want him in the ticket round if I wrestled 112.  As far as the Buckly kid giving up the weight, if your a top ten ranked 103 pound, you should be able to beat an unranked 112 pounder.  Not to mention Denton being a rather small 12 pounder at that.  I'm sticking with my initial assessment of before this kid is through , people will know his name.

You and me both know denton should of been ranked,but noone takes interest in our area of the state for wrestling. he will definitely make a name for himself and already has up to this point in our area. I give him the nod for the win first match, but the second one no :(, althought i hope he pulls the upset. But making it to the ticket round as a freshmen is definitely not to shabby. The best of luck!

Here are mine, plus I will do 5 & 6 (two wrestlers who lose in ticket round to the top two)

1) Fuqua (CP)

2) Micic (HC)

3) Marciano (Mun)

4) Davis (Penn)

5) Garza (Merr)

6) Overby (HarrWL)

1) Petrov (HC)

2) Brooks (War)

3) Orzechowicz (Griff)

4) Denton (TL)

5) Martsolf (Mish)

6) Medina (Mun)

1) Ayersman (LC)

2) Simpson (Roc)

3) McHugh (CMA)

4) Garcia (Merr)

5) Davis (Penn)

6) Draper (Laf Jeff)

1) Binion (Mish)

2) Chapple (Penn)

3) Torres (Port)

4) Harvey (CP)

5) Rehn (WC)

6) Hicks (Seeger)

1) Wisler (Mish)

2) Miller (Valpo)

3) Manspeaker (Penn)

4) Manning (Hob)

5) Halsted (CP)

6) Hartman (SB Clay)

1) Gregory (Penn)

2) Katsafaros (Ches)

3) Fuqua (CP)

4) Acuna (Port)

5) Alderman (Del)

6) Griffin (McCutch)

1) Tsirtsis (CP)

2) Wartman (LC)

3) Brown (Laf Jeff)

4) Ginter (Penn)

5) Jacobs (CMA)

6) Wagoner (Pio)

1) Roach (CP)

2) Lunford (SB Clay)

3) Dorris (Pio)

4) Logan (Mish)

5) Anglemeyer (Penn)

6) Butz (Ches)

1) Flamme (CP)

2) Palmieri (WL)

3) Yoder (TV)

4) Hummer (Penn)

5) Morales (Hob)

6) Kolat (SB Riley)

1) Quiroz (Ches)

2) McLeod (SB Riley)

3) Dale (McCutch)

4) Schurg (CP)

5) Warren (Laf Jeff)

6) Rodriguez (Hob)

1) Lynde (Del)

2) Coddens (SB Riley)

3) Peco (Hob)

4) Crocker (Low)

5) Erba (War)

6) Winkle (TL)

1) Berry (Merr)

2) Hurford (CC)

3) Bisping (HC)

4) Patton (WL)

5) Hoover (War)

6) Johnson (High)

1) Kral (CP)

2) Gallegos (SB Clay)

3) Sumner (McCutch)

4) Seaman (Mun)

5) Nickson (Merr)

6) Farnham (Lewis Cass)

1) Howe (Ply)

2) Harvey (CC)

3) Ford (McCutch)

4) Maggert (Penn)

5) Biancardi (LC)

6) Van Lul (Cal)

Coddens did lose to Winkle 4-2 but Winkle still has a tough opponent first round in Mike Manning of River Forest

these are my official picks for the semi state

1. Fuqua Crown Point

2. Micic Hanover Central

3. Buckley Valpo

4. Davis Penn

1. Petrov Hanover Central

2. Brooks Warsaw

3. Saroff Crown point

4. Orzechowicz Griffith

1. Ayersman Lake Central

2. Garcia Merrillville

3. Simpson Rochester

4. McHugh CMA

1. Binion Mishawka

2. Chapple Penn

3. Harvey Crown point

4. Lopez Lake Central

1. Wisler Mishawka

2. Miller Valpo

3. Padilla Merrillville

4. Manning Hobart

1. Fuqua Crown Point

2. Acuna Portage

3. Gregory Penn

4. Katsaforas Chesterton

1. Tsirtsis Crown point

2. Wartman Lake Central

3. Brown Laf Jeff

4. Ginter Penn

1. Roach Crown Point

2. Lunsford SB Clay

3. Logan Mishawaka

4. Avalos Merrillville

1. Flamme Crown Point

2. Smith Munster

3. Yoder Tipp Valley

4. Sandefer Merrillville

1. Quiroz Chesterton

2. McLoed SB Riley

3. Alwine SB clay

4. Schurg Crown Point

1. Lynde Delphi

2. Manning River Forest

3. Peco Hobart

4. Crocker Lowell

1. Berry Merrillville

2.  Hurford Culver

3.  Bisping Hanover Central

4. Pennington River Forest

1. Gallegos SB Clay

2. Kral Crown Point

3. Reagen Penn

4. Seaman Munster

Hwt

1. Howe Plymouth

2. Harvey Culver

3.  Ford McCutcheon

4. Maggert Penn

RankingsGuy's Official Merrillville Semi-State Picks:

1) Fuqua- CP

2) Micic- Hanover

3) Buckley- Valpo

4) Davis- Penn

1) Petrov- Hanover

2) Brooks- Warsaw

3) Orzechowicz- Griffith

4) Saroff- CP

1) Ayersman- LC

2) Simpson- Rochester

3) McHugh- CMA

4) Garcia- Merrillville

1) Binion- Mishawaka

2) Torres- Portage

3) Chapple- Penn

4) Ayala- Hobart

1) Wisler- Mishawaka

2) Miller- Valpo

3) Padilla- Merrillville

4) Manning- Hobart

1) Gregory- Penn

2) Katsafaros- Chesterton

3) Fuqua- CP

4) Acuna- Portage

1) Tsirtsis- CP

2) Wartman- LC

3) Brown- Lafayette Jeff

4) Ginter- Penn

1) Roach- CP

2) Lunford- SB Clay

3) Logan- Mishawaka

4) Avalos- Merrillville

1) Flamme- CP

2) Smith- Munster

3) Yoder- Tippecanoe Valley

4) Kolat- SB Riley

1) Quiroz- Chesterton

2) McLeod- SB Riley

3) Alwine- SB Clay

4) Schurg- CP

1) Lynde- Delphi

2) Crocker- Lowell

3) Peco- Hobart

4) Manning- River Forest

1) Berry- Merrillville

2) Hurford- Culver

3) Skipper- SB Adams

4) Ham- Penn

1) Kral- CP

2) Gallegos- SB Clay

3) Reagan- Penn

4) Seaman- Munster

1) Howe- Plymouth

2) Harvey- Culver

3) Ford- McCutcheon

4) Maggert- Penn

103-fuqua,miracle,marciano,davis.                                                                                                                                      112-brooks,petrov,orzechowicz,denton.                                                                                                                                      119-ayersman,simpson,mchugh,burlison.                                                                                                                                125-binion,hicks,harvey,torres.                                                                                                                                                  130-wisler,hartman,miller,ringen.                                                                                                                                            140-tsirtsis,wartman,brown, ginter.                                                                                                                                          145-roach,lunford,logan,dorris.                                                                                                                                                152-flamme,palmieri,yoder,espinosa.                                                                                                                                      160-quiroz,rodriguez,schurg,dale.                                                                                                                                                171-lynde,winkle,crocker,schrewsbury.                                                                                                                                            189-hurford,berry,bisping,patton.                                                                                                                                                                215-kral,gallegos,seaman,sumner.                                                                                                                                                    285-howe,harvey,davis,maggert                   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.