NHC Tournament

1oldwrestler

As far as I know, Busse had not beaten a single guy in his bracket, and he was still seeded second........

My point is, all of these classes need to be looked at with common sense, and not put to a strict, never-to-be-broken set of rules.

Baker p. Dekalb

Baker WBF against CC

Busse p. Homestead

and right now, the backup to the backup at 189 in the Bellmont lineup, Birch

Birch d. Parris -NH 5-2

Birch p. Householder EN

Birch p. Short-N

Raypole beat Busse by a point in the dual, 3-2 I think.

There is no reason that Baker should not keep that #2 seed, why should the seeding criteria change?

As far as I know, Busse had not beaten a single guy in his bracket, and he was still seeded second........

My point is, all of these classes need to be looked at with common sense, and not put to a strict, never-to-be-broken set of rules.

Baker p. Dekalb

Baker WBF against CC

Busse p. Homestead

and right now, the backup to the backup at 189 in the Bellmont lineup, Birch

Birch d. Parris -NH 5-2

Birch p. Householder EN

Birch p. Short-N

Raypole beat Busse by a point in the dual, 3-2 I think.

There is no reason that Baker should not keep that #2 seed, why should the seeding criteria change?

You make an exceptional point.and again i believe that is how the seeding scenario plays out. But after you put it into perspective like that it does make a lot of sense to have him keep that seed. Regardless i've always felt this has been one of Bellmonts Trademarks...having a weight class so deep that a 2nd or 3rd string kid can step up and make a huge impact and make a run deep into the state series.

Wrestle off matches dont count towards seeding.  Baker should be the 4th seed.  This is how every other tournament is ran when there is a replacement for a seeded wrestler.

I am not saying that the wrestle off counts, and I am not even saying this is the way it should go tomorrow.

But I think it is a fair argument that had Baker been the one put in at the seeding meeting, he would have , without a doubt, been given the #2 seed, just like Busse.

I think it is unfortunate if it happens any other way.

103 - Bowman (H) over Krumlauf (D) 7-5 (Krumlauf was up late in the third and Bowman won it with two quick takedowns)

112 - Frane (D) over Poling (B) Dec

119 - George (H) over Keuneke (B) 9-7 in OT (Keuneke was up 5-0 going into the third and George took it to overtime and won)

125 - Poynter (D) over Rushing (H) Dec (Poynter is great on his feet)

130 - Nesbitt (EN) over Seeger (NH) 1-0

135 - Kryder (H) over Clark © 7-4

140 - Riecke (EN) over Faurote (B) 8-3 (Faurote looked to be in a lot of pain, just couldn't wrestle the way he wanted to)

145 - Timmerman © over Francois (NH) 9-1

152 - Lefever © over Zurbrugg (NH) 14-4

160 - Lefever © over Mahlan (B) Pin (Both Lefever twins and Timmerman are really tough.  Definitely three guys that make each other better in the practice room)

171 - Hankenson (B) over Enrietto © Second Period Pin (Big win for Bellmont)

189 - Raypole © over Short (N) 10-2 (Locks up the win for Carroll)

215 - Thatcher (B) over Mills (H) Second Period Pin

285 - Meyer (B) over McClure © First Period Pin (Meyer hits an absolutely filthy headlock after giving up the first takedown)

Carroll beats Bellmont, big win for them.  Oh, and everyone should check out the video feed posted above by littlevito, really good quality video and insightful commentary (surprising coming from Razo)

Not impressed. Busse is still the man at that weight in my eyes. Wrestle offs are a whole lot different than outcomes in competition. They wrestle each other day in and day out.

Brandon you have wrestled for coach Faurote. Would he just make the call and say Busse your our guy?

After its all said and done today, i wanted to say kudos to Brooks Faurote. Wrestled awesome all day with basically one hand. Clearly the hand bothering him in the finals but still pushed the pace and kept going after it. Great wrestler and an even better kid, wish him the best luck in the upcoming weeks!

Tell me about Faurote at 140.....lost 10-1 (or something close to that) by some kid - East Noble??.  His forearm was clearly bandaged and he looked hesitant on the mat.  I've heard that he had a surgical procedure done earlier the day before.  That sucks and I hate it for him.  I hope that he has a full recovery.

Does that change the next several weekends and Ft Wayne semi-state bracket?  Thoughts....??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.