Folkstyle State Finals You MUST Register and Pay by Wednesday at Midnight

Y2CJ41

611 and there are alot of great wrestlers this is gonna be a great weekend of wrestling and most of the wrestlers will be at there true weight alex gregery is reg. at 140 big jump from 119

last year they had jr. in one gym ans schoolboys and cadet's in main gym till jr was done then they open both gyms for sb and cadets jr was done first day the rest took 2 days

it is all one day this year isnt it?

Our spring break start on Friday. About half of our wrestlers will be gone with family, happens every year. What is the procedure to get a waiver to wrestle at the Folkstyle Nationals if you can't wrestle at State?

Indiana is the only state that does this. It has been said that the waivers will be approved.

The deadline to complete the registration process for the Schoolboy/girl/Cadet/Junior Folkstyle State wrestling tournament being held in Huntington this weekend ends at midnight EST tonight.  I have reviewed the pre-registration site and there are several registrations that have not been completed.  Registration is not complete until payment has been made with a credit card.  I wanted to make sure people do not drive to Huntington to find out their wrestler could not compete because their registration was not completed. 

Please go to trackwrestling.com to see if your wrestler's name appears on the list of wrestlers.  If it does not, that means their registration process was not complete.

If you have concerns or need help, please give me a call after 5:00 pm at 574-259-8136.  Thanks,

Jean Whetstone

ISWA Pairing Director

Our spring break start on Friday. About half of our wrestlers will be gone with family, happens every year. What is the procedure to get a waiver to wrestle at the Folkstyle Nationals if you can't wrestle at State?

Indiana is the only state that does this. It has been said that the waivers will be approved.

Below is the list of states that require pre-qualification copied from the mat.com....it is not just Indiana. Waivers will be granted for wrestlers who can not attend due to a school activity that conflicts with the tournament or for injury or illness.

*Wrestlers in the following states must check with their state associations for qualification requirements:

Indiana

Iowa (Cadets and younger)

Kansas

Minnesota (Cadets and younger)

New Jersey

I would have to agree Spring Break is not helping the situation much, but they don't have many other option of a time to have the event.  I wouldn't mind the event being held a little more centralized too, but that may be something that can be worked on for the future.

Below is the list of states that require pre-qualification copied from the mat.com....it is not just Indiana. Waivers will be granted for wrestlers who can not attend due to a school activity that conflicts with the tournament or for injury or illness.

*Wrestlers in the following states must check with their state associations for qualification requirements:

Indiana

Iowa (Cadets and younger)

Kansas

Minnesota (Cadets and younger)

New Jersey

Is spring break a school conflict?

I would have to agree Spring Break is not helping the situation much, but they don't have many other option of a time to have the event.  I wouldn't mind the event being held a little more centralized too, but that may be something that can be worked on for the future.

It is bad enough to miss state, but worse to miss nationals because of missing state,

750  pluse wrestlers  that will be hard to be done in on day. there is 750 now and kids still have to midnight tonight . i dont think they had this many last year

copied from ISWA website:

Folkstyle Wrestling Schedule: Wrestlers are expected to be on site and ready to compete at the times listed below

Saturday: 8:00 am?All Cadet & Junior age divisions?Juniors will finish on Saturday

Sunday: 8:00 am?All Cadet wrestlers, remaining in competition

Sunday: 9:00 am?Competition for all Schoolboy/girl wrestlers

NO! Spring Break is a choice.

And yet another reason Indiana wrestling is archeic. Choose between paying ISWA and missing a family vacation, or miss nationals. Yes it is a choice, a really really bad one!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.